Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

made an offer on a house today!

Today my girlfriend , my dad, and I went to see my friend, who's a realtor... we went to this first house that looked real good online but when we got there it was in the ghetto and horrible looking.. i mean falling apart... i said hell no! so we went back to my friend's office and he asked what about this home for sale down from my grandmother's old house (which we just sold finally last week!)

we went there and MAN it's gorgeous. it's a 1940's home that's been completely remodeled.... new hardwood floors, new paint inside it, new double pane windows, ALL new wiring for the entire house, every light fixture is brand new and fancy looking lol.... three rooms have badass ceiling fans... the master bedroom has a remote control fan =)
    new fridge, new stove, new dishwasher, new water heater, new decks, new roof, new vinyl on the exterior, yard's been redone completely (still needs work in the flower beds but no problem), it's been tied to the city sewer line, etc.... tall ceilings and big rooms... it doesn't look that big on the outside but inside is lots of space.... oh yeah new shower, new toilet, new sink, mirrors, etc... large closet space....

so we were really happy about it cause we finally found a house that wasn't ridiculous priced and looked really good.... we went back to my friend's real estate place and tried calling some guys he knows about getting prequalified.... got their voice mail... figured cause it was friday at 5:00.....

got home and left another message to each of those guys... and hour later i get a call.... answer some questions.. he checks my credit and all..... verdict is "should be no problem at all getting the house

called my friend back.... he was eating supper so when he got done we met at his office and wrote up a contract.... offered them $2900 less than they're offering.... wrote on there that i want it REtreated for termites by my company so i know it's done right.. because the guy who did it before my dad knows and he says that guy's place doesnt treat houses worth a damn... to top that there was no termite letter showing it was completed so i think that guy just basically said he sprayed it... collected his check from the realtor and never did the work....

i'm going to treat the house myself AND get paid for it lol.

i'll try to get some pics later on... we're trying to close this by next tuesday!

more pics in the daytime soon

captured some images from a crappy video i took with my digital camera... sorry for the quality.. my digital video camera battery was dead so had to settle with 2nd best lol

it's not the biggest or most fancy... but it's great to me. i've been looking for a long time for a place.. finding a place in the budget i wanted and having all brand new stuff... can't beat it. wish me luck with everything in the next few weeks so i can get it

not shabby for my first home. update: today got notified that they will accept the offer =)

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

That's awesome...congrats!! I can't wait to finally own a home...damn apartments

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Congrats! You'll love the house especially if you've been paying rent and taking landlord crap. Your house=do what you like. Also equity is a good source of mod money, just don't use all your equity.
    "02 Z28 vert pewter
    lid,smooth bellow, ram air, k&n, flowmaster
    hypertech tuner, TB bypass,shortie headers,Hotchkins STB

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Bran---can I ask how much you got it for? And since IT IS YOU...when are you going to start modifying the house? Congrats

two tone

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Bran---can I ask how much you got it for? And since IT IS YOU...when are you going to start modifying the house? Congrats
    lol we should have the moving truck here within a week i would say. O yes, there will be MODS

lots of yard work... hey guess what? there's a damn truck in the back of the driveway.. i guess i get that too! it's a old silverado regular cab/regular bed... no key and it looks like a old farm truck by the condition.. i would guess late 80's/early 90s model pickup....

the house was selling for 59.9k and i offered 57k and they took it.

my grandmother's house is like 6 houses up from this one and we sold it last week.. it was appraised at 78K but it was all original... no renovations at all except two new windows and crawl doors... we listed it for sale for 56k and sold it for that much... i WAS going to buy her house BUT i did not want to spend an extra 30K in remodeling it. so i think this house i found was a great deal. most all the homes in this area are built in the 40's/50's and they're all being remodeled so the value should just keep going up.

i signed the real contract today.
    only thing they were not liking was the redoing the termite job. they said they wouldn't do it over $550.. but good thing my dad is the ony that sets the price for the job =)
    i took some more pictures today.

found that today that all the windows open and tilt inside so you can clean the outside of the windows from within... not use to little stuff like this =)

they've got to come back and put the dish washer in, stove, touch up the paint inside the house still

Congrats on the house.

But.................and really, no offense meant.....................is it just me or does it look like a double wide with a room added on?

two tone

none taken. i looked at manufactured homes too.. from older double wides to brand new manufactured homes. i like the constrution of old homes though too... they were built to stand unlike what i see now how homes are being built when i do home inspections and such.
    it's about 1200sq. ft inside. i'm 24 i really wanted something nice and comfy to me. i figured it'd be a nice starter home then later down the road rent it out.
    i'm going to work on it a lot more. i'm just glad the major headaches like rewiring the complete house and putting all new air/heat has been taken care of already.

Quote Originally Posted by EVL LS1
    none taken. i looked at manufactured homes too.. from older double wides to brand new manufactured homes. i like the constrution of old homes though too... they were built to stand unlike what i see now how homes are being built when i do home inspections and such.
    it's about 1200sq. ft inside. i'm 24 i really wanted something nice and comfy to me. i figured it'd be a nice starter home then later down the road rent it out.
    i'm going to work on it a lot more. i'm just glad the major headaches like rewiring the complete house and putting all new air/heat has been taken care of already.
    You shouldn't have to worry about any big ticket items going out for awhile.

Your house is cool. Especially the inside. Just the outside has a manufactured home look to it. Doesn't look like a 40's era house at all to me.

congrats on the home. buying a home is the best investment in the world. Don't let all the skeptics tell you about a housing bubble bursting. I'm in Real Estate in the N.E. part of the country and it's still hot up here.

Good luck with it. The only thing that scares me is that house would be about $325,000 up here. LOL

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

This is whats scarring me. You need tiles in the bathroom not Hardwood floor. For god's sakes don't miss when you take a piss.

-removed-
    Last edited by BadBlueBird*; 01-29-2006 at 10:08 AM.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

congrats! be sure to get a home inspection done.... and be present also.

i didnt know houses every sold that cheap!

but im in CALI so.....

good luck to ya!
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk1120
    congrats on the home. buying a home is the best investment in the world. Don't let all the skeptics tell you about a housing bubble bursting. I'm in Real Estate in the N.E. part of the country and it's still hot up here.

Good luck with it. The only thing that scares me is that house would be about $325,000 up here. LOL

Damn Right. NE real estate is no joke. $$$ on houses in NY

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

-removed-
    Last edited by BadBlueBird*; 01-29-2006 at 10:07 AM.

two tone

lol

why was my post removed?

Black
    HSV 04'

Nice house, congratulations.

Here in Australia house prices are ridiculous (crazy when you think there's only 20 million of us and our land size is similar to North America?

But we cling tightly to the coastline with over 90% of our population withon 100km's of the water (we are an island afterall).

I live about an hour North West of Sydney. Nice house, two storey, four bedrooms, double garage in a nice area. And ours is worth around $550 000 AUD ($450k US).

Anything with a water view near Sydney is well past $2million!

We're like in the top 5 most expensive places to live in the world!

Not putting your house down at all (it's very nice) but say $60k in Sydney wont even buy you a block of land 3 hours drive from the city! And definitley without a house on it.

Crazy!
    Last edited by Moyso; 01-29-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Nice house when possible post pics of the basement,attaic and GARAGE!!!!!!!!!

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by luckyou03
    why was my post removed?
    why not? It served no purpose..

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird*
    why not? It served no purpose..
    haha sorry, i had to do it.

seriously though, that house looks pretty nice, especially the inside. it gives that cozy look for sure. i wouldn't mind having that house as my fist one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information