Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

LT1 - T56 third gen conversion update

Got the new cam and whole valvetrain installed, just finishing up the wiring and a few little odds and ends. This motor is temporary until the KB LS6 is finished but will still be a fast and fun car. I can't wait to fire this car up for the first time!! It'll smoke my 1998 because if it doesn't then somethings wrong. The LT1 has a 224/230 on a 112 LSA, Comp springs, roller tip rockers, Hedman 1-3/4 headers and ORY, MSD wires, MSD cap and rotor, Home made CAI and it looks good too, I'll post a pic of it installed later when I get it back on. Billet flywheel, Spec clutch, Hurst Pro billet shifter, 4.10 gears, etc...
    Last edited by 98-LS1; 08-22-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Looking good, I have a really nasty set of heads (300+ cfm@ .600) ready to go on my car along with a good size cam (230/236 .596/.591 113 LSA), roller rockers, TB, etc whenever funds will allow me to finish this up. That is the cc503 cam right? Should make some good power, maybe ~350rwhp.
    Last edited by 91Z28; 07-21-2006 at 01:24 PM.
    2006 GTO M6 Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2009 Silverado LT ECRB 5.3 Z71 4x4 Granite Black Metallic

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Pic's look good!

Keep us updated on your progress and esp. the numbers you get.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28 View Post
    Looking good, I have a really nasty set of heads (300+ cfm@ .600) ready to go on my car along with a good size cam (230/236 .596/.591 113 LSA), roller rockers, TB, etc whenever funds will allow me to finish this up. That is the cc503 cam right? Should make some good power, maybe ~350rwhp.

Yep, it's the CC503 cam. 350RWHP is my goal so I should be happy with this set-up. I really didn't want to sink a whole bunch of money in this motor since I'm building a blown LS6 to go in later on. Your car will be a monster with that set-up! Damn! I will be spraying a 150 shot though so it should hold it's on pretty well. I went with the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, stainless steel fuel lines and a Granatelli fuel pump, guess that's how it's spelled, now so when I swap in the blown LS1 the fuel system will be able to support the motor. I'm using the spohn T-56 crossmember and torque arm and the 4th gen driveshaft, rear end, etc.. Basically the whole 95's drivetrain but with a LS1 aluminum driveshaft. I still have to buy the wheels to clear the Baer brakes on the front, most likely I'm going to run 17X9.5 TT2's all the way around with 275's on the rear and 245's on the front. This wiring is a headache though! I should've went ahead and bought the painless harness but I bought the Baer brake kit instead and tackled the wiring myself. I moved the battery from the passenger side to the drivers side where the charcoal canister once sat and mounted the computer where the battery used to be. ( I'll post pics of this in the next day or two ), but I had to make a aluminum box to cover the computer just in case it ever overheated and overflowed so the computer wouldn't get wet and fry. I used battery cables from a 86 TPI Trans Am to run from the battery to the starter since the TPI's batteries were mounted on the left side. The radiator is a Griffin 4 core aluminum radiator with the factory electric fan mounted to it. I ditched the LT1 mini starter and used the older style Gen 1 starter, it was brand new and the LT1 starter wasn't is the only reason. The power steering lines were custom made here in Knoxville and I'm using a billet power steering reservoir. There was a little bit of fabricating but for the most part it's been a fairly easy swap. I'll take more pics tonight and as I get farther along. Keep posted for the first time she'll be started, should be soon!

Black
    99 SS

sweet man!!!!!!!

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    Yep, it's the CC503 cam. 350RWHP is my goal so I should be happy with this set-up. I really didn't want to sink a whole bunch of money in this motor since I'm building a blown LS6 to go in later on. Your car will be a monster with that set-up! Damn! I will be spraying a 150 shot though so it should hold it's on pretty well. I went with the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, stainless steel fuel lines and a Granatelli fuel pump, guess that's how it's spelled, now so when I swap in the blown LS1 the fuel system will be able to support the motor. I'm using the spohn T-56 crossmember and torque arm and the 4th gen driveshaft, rear end, etc.. Basically the whole 95's drivetrain but with a LS1 aluminum driveshaft. I still have to buy the wheels to clear the Baer brakes on the front, most likely I'm going to run 17X9.5 TT2's all the way around with 275's on the rear and 245's on the front. This wiring is a headache though! I should've went ahead and bought the painless harness but I bought the Baer brake kit instead and tackled the wiring myself. I moved the battery from the passenger side to the drivers side where the charcoal canister once sat and mounted the computer where the battery used to be. ( I'll post pics of this in the next day or two ), but I had to make a aluminum box to cover the computer just in case it ever overheated and overflowed so the computer wouldn't get wet and fry. I used battery cables from a 86 TPI Trans Am to run from the battery to the starter since the TPI's batteries were mounted on the left side. The radiator is a Griffin 4 core aluminum radiator with the factory electric fan mounted to it. I ditched the LT1 mini starter and used the older style Gen 1 starter, it was brand new and the LT1 starter wasn't is the only reason. The power steering lines were custom made here in Knoxville and I'm using a billet power steering reservoir. There was a little bit of fabricating but for the most part it's been a fairly easy swap. I'll take more pics tonight and as I get farther along. Keep posted for the first time she'll be started, should be soon!
    The Spohn T56 crossmember is actually fucking me over right now. With longtube headers you can't get decent exhaust clearance or use catalytic converters, and now I have to get my car sniffed. Skulte just released a better T56 crossmember for our cars but I don't know what kind of torque arm could be used. That should be a good setup until you get the LS6 together, the cc503 is good from idle to a bit over 6000. I was considering it myself for a while but after putting quite a bit into heads I figured go big or go home.
    Last edited by 91Z28; 07-21-2006 at 01:23 PM.

Thread Information