Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Living off the "grid"...

So I did my affordable health care paperwork just to see where I'm at. So with one child, making less than 30k a year, and being in my 30's, freaking Obama's great plan to fix the nation is going to take almost $112 a month from my living expenses (which have sky rocketed). Our cell phones and my daily driver car payment is my only extra expenses/debt. Do i find a job with health insurance or just suck up the yearly $95 fine (around $8 a month).

I don't know what would be easier, getting rid of everything and living off the grid or just move to a foreign country and of the USA.

Anyone experiencing the same feelings?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Subscribed...

There are middle class families out there right now just making ends meet, that are under the impression that they will have free health care. That is not the case. They have no idea that it is going to cost them an extra few thousand dollars a year for a family of 4. There are probably a lot more people that will end up paying the penalty (oh, excuse me… Tax) than end up being insured.
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 09-30-2013 at 11:04 PM.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

We seriously need another American Revolution.

Or I just need to move to Belize and open a bar on the beach for the tourists.

I don't see how families with multiple kids are making it. The ways of the American government make me

red
    95 Z28

$112 more than what you pay now? Just curious, you didn't put in any context. How is the coverage compared to what you have now?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

What is the comparison of the co-pay & deductible cost for the "Great Ones" plan vs your current/old plan?

From what I've read that bronze plan is like fools gold. Cheap in monthly payment but the co-pay & deductibles are what bend you over a barrel.

blue
    1999 TransAm

he said he wanted to "fundamentally change america", ...now his "chickens are coming home, ...to roost"...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I am fortunate in that my wife and kids are Native American, and that I have insurance through my job, and they cover the premiums. I haven't read up on the government healthcare plans because I haven't had to, but so far nobody around me has anything good to say about it. I don't like to go off word of mouth alone though, so I will be following more closely now that it is going into effect. One thing I don't like is Congress holding the entire government hostage over these issues, they are resolving nothing...

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

How to solve this problem.

Term limits

Tie their pay to passing budgets on time and if we are in a deficit vs surplus. In deficit - they get min GS pay level on the books, if in surplus, they get their full pay.

Quit electing only lawyers to office, start putting in successful business type ppl in office, for example, you want health care laws & regulations, start having Doctors, Nurses and a very few lawyers working on the bill. You want smart energy policies, get Oil, Coal, Nuclear, even greenies, and very few EPA ppl on it.

You see what I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 10-01-2013 at 07:59 AM.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    $112 more than what you pay now? Just curious, you didn't put in any context. How is the coverage compared to what you have now?
    I don't pay anything at all at the moment. This job doesn't offer it. So I just don't have it.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    I don't pay anything at all at the moment. This job doesn't offer it. So I just don't have it.
    Just so I understand correctly, you have no coverage now, and you're upset that you'll have to pay 112 dollars a month, and now you'll HAVE healthcare coverage. Even if that coverage was just for you, 112$ is a steal, even if it's a high deductible plan that only acts like a catastrophic coverage plan.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I pay $600 a month for health insurance..... $112 doesn't seem that bad but it may be crap insurance.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Just so I understand correctly, you have no coverage now, and you're upset that you'll have to pay 112 dollars a month, and now you'll HAVE healthcare coverage. Even if that coverage was just for you, 112$ is a steal, even if it's a high deductible plan that only acts like a catastrophic coverage plan.
    I think that the point that you're missing, is that a lot of middle class people don't have $112 to spare at the end of the month. They are already doing without and have made cuts everywhere possible. So the choice is to pay the penalty. Still no insurance.

We'll be hearing a lot more about that over the next two months I think.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Personally that bimmer would have been gone along time ago in favor of a cheap Civic etc...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Just opened up a packet of papers I got from my insurance company yesterday. Basically it says Obamacare is here, your policy is done 12/31/13 and go online and figure it out for yourself.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That will happen to a ton of people. It only makes sense for companies to do it that way. Less headache and costs for them.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

It's a bunch of bullshit. $400+ per month the last 2-3 years with a 7500$ deductible which has never been met for shit coverage and they take the money and run.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    It's a bunch of bullshit. $400+ per month the last 2-3 years with a 7500$ deductible which has never been met for shit coverage and they take the money and run.
    What insurance do you have I have a max deductible of $3000 I believe but I pay $600 per month. I am happy with it minus the monthly cost since I rarely actually need insurance.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I think that the point that you're missing, is that a lot of middle class people don't have $112 to spare at the end of the month. They are already doing without and have made cuts everywhere possible. So the choice is to pay the penalty. Still no insurance.

We'll be hearing a lot more about that over the next two months I think.
    Exactly. That's all I was getting at. I barely have enough money left over for food and gas, much less health coverage. And I make to much to be in Oklahoma's poverty level for their assistance.

I only funded my Trans Am build with odd jobs and buying and selling car parts. There was no way I could take any out of my paycheck to do that.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Exactly. That's all I was getting at. I barely have enough money left over for food and gas, much less health coverage. And I make to much to be in Oklahoma's poverty level for their assistance.

I only funded my Trans Am build with odd jobs and buying and selling car parts. There was no way I could take any out of my paycheck to do that.
    I know what you mean. I've been a single mother. It's not always easy.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post

I know what you mean. I've been a single mother. It's not always easy.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information