Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

legal help speeding ticket

so..... met a prick today... 79 in a 65, said he pulled me for exhaust, but cut me a break there and just gave me a ticket for speeding.
    well... looked at the ticket after i stoped cussing his ass and noticed he wrote "camaro" in the vehicle make section. my car is clearly a trans am, i was wondering if this would be a valid defense when i go to court or just pay the $150 ticket. im in va if anyone knows any of the legal bs in this pos state.

thanks for any help.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

nope, pay the fine and move on.

i thought if they wrote incorrect info then it was basically a "get outta jail free" type of thing....then again I never get tickets

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Already been proven to NOT be a valid defense.

Pay and have a good day.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

wont cut it here in Ontario

98 Formula
    06 duramax

also to add.....how is he a prick for giving you a ticket for breaking the law and then cutting you a break on your exhaust?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    also to add.....how is he a prick for giving you a ticket for breaking the law and then cutting you a break on your exhaust?
    Because, don't you know? It's the new doing-your-job-makes-you-a-dick-even-though-i'm-at-fault attitude. It's all the rage nowadays, especially with the younger crowd.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    so..... met a prick today... 79 in a 65, said he pulled me for exhaust, but cut me a break there and just gave me a ticket for speeding.
    well... looked at the ticket after i stoped cussing his ass and noticed he wrote "camaro" in the vehicle make section. my car is clearly a trans am, i was wondering if this would be a valid defense when i go to court or just pay the $150 ticket. im in va if anyone knows any of the legal bs in this pos state.

thanks for any help.
    Dude, you live in Virgina...you should really know better. The best advice I can give you is this...go to the court house and hope that the cop doesn't show up. If he does, the judge will half the points and fine, so going to court is a win/win situation anyway.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

If you're new to this trend here's a cheat sheet for when you get pulled over:

No ticket: "Yeah, bitch, I'm UNTOUCHABLE motherfucker"
    Ticket: "What a dick"
    Ticket that ignores additional lawbreaking: "Fucking dick..."
    Arrested: "waaaaaaaa p-p-p-please let me call mommy "

Black
    99 Z28

thanks for any help.
    Who met the prick? You or him?

You did the crime, pay the fine.

You might be able to get away with it based on something like "well, he must not have been thinking too clearly that day" defense, but the judge might look at you like you're the dumbass.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Because, don't you know? It's the new doing-your-job-makes-you-a-dick-even-though-i'm-at-fault attitude. It's all the rage nowadays, especially with the younger crowd.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

thanks for any help.
    You failed the attitude test. I am surprised he let you slide on the exhaust.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

i live in Southern Connecticut (I know, Its terrible, i moving as soon as i get out of electrician school) The price here on the fines is awfully expensive, similar fine here is about $250. the main difference here is that there is very few places where the speed limit is over 55 in Connecticut, and most people drive on average 75-80. Officer can park on the side of a highway and pick off anyone her wants driving over 55 mph. its to the point that if your doing 70 mph you going slow and your not keeping up with traffic. I am moving to Maryland most likely maybe Virginia, traveled down there many times. But, I have a question??? Any one ever see Rt. 301 in Maryland Between Delaware and the Bay Bridge. I usually hit this section between 3:30 and 4 in the morning traveling down there.
    That stretch is Flat and straight as the Bonneville Salt Flats, and its really tempting to " GO NUTS" on that section. But, countless times I've seen that section patrolled like Bin Laden him self is driving down 301??? last time i drove down there i saw about 8 patrol cars between Delaware to just before 301 merges with Rt. 50, at 4:00 in the morning? I respect Police officers, i have worked with a lot of good officers, and i understand that its a rough job. Im just wondering if its really necessary to strictly enforce a 55 mph speed limit there, why isn't the limit higher, or just loosely patrolled?

another thing? how strict are Maryland and Virginia with exhaust? because most likely im moving to Maryland.

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

He cut you a break after you cussed him? Goddamn... Nice guy IMO

Black
    '99 SS

For the record... Municipal Court is dubbed "Kangaroo Court" for a reason. Municipal Court judges are the only judges that are hired by the city instead of vote. They're on the cities payroll, they want to stay on the cities payroll, the judge is not going to side with you.

On a side note, (If you feel like you have a legitimate case, which you don't) you can waste the [Municipal] courts time and then just appeal the case once you lose... though, by then the tape from the cop car's camera will be used as evidence.

tl;dr
    pay the fucking ticket

Black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Rob00Taws6 View Post
    i live in Southern Connecticut (I know, Its terrible, i moving as soon as i get out of electrician school) The price here on the fines is awfully expensive, similar fine here is about $250. the main difference here is that there is very few places where the speed limit is over 55 in Connecticut, and most people drive on average 75-80. Officer can park on the side of a highway and pick off anyone her wants driving over 55 mph. its to the point that if your doing 70 mph you going slow and your not keeping up with traffic. I am moving to Maryland most likely maybe Virginia, traveled down there many times. But, I have a question??? Any one ever see Rt. 301 in Maryland Between Delaware and the Bay Bridge. I usually hit this section between 3:30 and 4 in the morning traveling down there.
    That stretch is Flat and straight as the Bonneville Salt Flats, and its really tempting to " GO NUTS" on that section. But, countless times I've seen that section patrolled like Bin Laden him self is driving down 301??? last time i drove down there i saw about 8 patrol cars between Delaware to just before 301 merges with Rt. 50, at 4:00 in the morning? I respect Police officers, i have worked with a lot of good officers, and i understand that its a rough job. Im just wondering if its really necessary to strictly enforce a 55 mph speed limit there, why isn't the limit higher, or just loosely patrolled?

another thing? how strict are Maryland and Virginia with exhaust? because most likely im moving to Maryland.
    I dont know about down by the bay bridge, but in western MD most of the cops are pretty cool. Between 5-10mph over your safe, and as long as you dont sound like a pro street car your fine.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Pay the ticket.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Pay the ticket. Your only hope is to go to court and hope the "DICK" is too busy saving lives to show up. Next time you get you ass in a sticky situation, that same "DICK" may be saving YOUR life. Think about it champ.

Here's a thought.....DON'T SPEED on public roads. You can kill someone's loved one(s).
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

wow theres a lotta haters on this thread lol....i do think you were wrong at cussing at the officer but i would definently go to court or ask to do a written court and say you believe you were targeted simply because of your car it may not work but the written trial would probably be your best bet....p.s. when you do a written trial you have to pay the full fine up front and if you win you get it back

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Pony_Eater View Post
    wow theres a lotta haters on this thread lol....i do think you were wrong at cussing at the officer but i would definently go to court or ask to do a written court and say you believe you were targeted simply because of your car it may not work but the written trial would probably be your best bet....p.s. when you do a written trial you have to pay the full fine up front and if you win you get it back

Haters because he got a ticket for speeding. Which he was doing. I guess I dont understand how that makes them haters. All they are pointing out is he was speeding. And the officer even gave him a break. I think alot of people on here are tired of the whinning about cops. If you dont want a ticket it is very simple dont speed. If you can not do that. Dont come on here and bitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information