Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Kingdoms of Camelot

Facebook game. Kinda new really.... not like it came out today or anything.

It's called Kingdoms of Camelot and it's pretty addictive. it's a strategy game set in the middle ages with King arthur and all that. You get a kingdom that you build up and set defenses and you raise an army and conquer wildernesses and barbarian camps as well as other players territory to build your might. You can form alliances to share resources and troops as well as assist with building structures and defenses.

The game is free to play and so far i'm having a blast with it.

I propose to all those who know me on FB, and if you don't yet you can find me on the LS1.com FB group, to join the game and join my alliance.

In the game my name is Lord Conquistador. I am Chancellor of The new world alliance. Lawless is Lady Cassiopeia officer of the alliance. We are currently ranked about 130 in the list of alliances in this game. I'm sure with a small number of LS1.com members we can be in the top of the most powerful alliances in the realm.

The game can be quite difficult to survive in once your beginner protection ends unless you are part of a strong alliance. The other option is to pay a buttload of money on items that protect you..... but there's no point if you have enough friends to band together and play.

Later I will be sending invites to LS1.com members on my friends list. If you wish to play join through there.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

forget about it... join the true dark side... world of warcraft...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I prefer games like WoW and D2 because they don't alert all my friends, classmates, and every acquaintance I've met in the past 4 years to the fact that I just stay at home all day and play computer games.

lolwat

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    forget about it... join the true dark side... world of warcraft...
    One of my buds is trying like hell to get me to play WOW. Even sending me a 10 day free trial.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I like this game specifically because it does NOT take up all your time. At first things go quick. 11 seconds to build this. 30 seconds for that. but you can only build one building at a time, research one thing at a time and train one group of soldiers at a time.

Once you hit the higher levels you can click on build and walk away for 12+ hours and come back to find hey you're still building that same thing!!!

I woke up... started building my wall and it will be done construction at like 10pm tonight. So i go about my life and don't even need to think about the game.

Warcraft is like 300+ straight hours and then death from lack of sleep.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Even sending me a 10 day free trial.
    Most effective first freebie hit of any drug ever, srs.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I like this game specifically because it does NOT take up all your time. At first things go quick. 11 seconds to build this. 30 seconds for that. but you can only build one building at a time, research one thing at a time and train one group of soldiers at a time.

Once you hit the higher levels you can click on build and walk away for 12+ hours and come back to find hey you're still building that same thing!!!

I woke up... started building my wall and it will be done construction at like 10pm tonight. So i go about my life and don't even need to think about the game.

nah... it just draws you in like that... "fuck... i want to finish this... it's only 9:00..." two hours later "damn... 11:00... just one more quest..." 3 hours later "oh fuck!!! i got ot get to bed!!! shit!!!"

morning rolls around...

"cool... i got 15 mins befre i have to leave for work..." logs on to WoW... 1 hour later... "shit!!! i forgot about work!!!"

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

FB game?
    Pass.

Still trying to decide if I should accept that CETA chick's friend invite.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post

True. I've played games like it before. I think the most recent one was called Envoy or something like that. You're right, very little time spent and efficient playing.

Where as in WoW you're playing 20% of the time you're logged in, and the other 80% of the time is spent waiting for raids to start, waiting for people to get back from afk, waiting for people to get summoned, waiting for those fucking paladins to get their raid buffs in order, waiting for "oh sorry guys forgot ammo lol brb hearthing, k summon pls? guys?", waiting for mouth breathers who take 20 minutes to get back into the raid instance after a wipe, waiting for the mother hen pug raid leader to explain everything very slowly in great detail even though we're all familiar with the encounter, waiting for people to get their shit together in general, waiting for a fucking 15 minute flight path across Northrend, waiting for waiting, waiting for the server to come back up, waiting for a GM to answer your ticket, waiting until 3am so you can do more dailies while you're still in the mood, waiting for 20 weeks of daily quests everyday just to get a mount, waiting for the next patch to come out so you can do the same recycled content over again to get same-looking armor with bigger stats, waiting around in dalaran or ironforge to show off ur leet gear, waiting until the trade chat spam dies down so you can actually get a word in without in instantly disappearing, waiting for the next expansion to come out so you can commit more time out of your life to a repetitive grind.

I love WoW

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    True. I've played games like it before. I think the most recent one was called Envoy or something like that. You're right, very little time spent and efficient playing.

Where as in WoW you're playing 20% of the time you're logged in, and the other 80% of the time is spent waiting for raids to start, waiting for people to get back from afk, waiting for people to get summoned, waiting for those fucking paladins to get their raid buffs in order, waiting for "oh sorry guys forgot ammo lol brb hearthing, k summon pls? guys?", waiting for mouth breathers who take 20 minutes to get back into the raid instance after a wipe, waiting for the mother hen pug raid leader to explain everything very slowly in great detail even though we're all familiar with the encounter, waiting for people to get their shit together in general, waiting for a fucking 15 minute flight path across Northrend, waiting for waiting, waiting for the server to come back up, waiting for a GM to answer your ticket, waiting until 3am so you can do more dailies while you're still in the mood, waiting for 20 weeks of daily quests everyday just to get a mount, waiting for the next patch to come out so you can do the same recycled content over again to get same-looking armor with bigger stats, waiting around in dalaran or ironforge to show off ur leet gear, waiting until the trade chat spam dies down so you can actually get a word in without in instantly disappearing, waiting for the next expansion to come out so you can commit more time out of your life to a repetitive grind.

I love WoW
    dude... you left out trolling trade chat... nothing worse than starting a political debate or the murloc game...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    dude... you left out trolling trade chat... nothing worse than starting a political debate or the murloc game...
    "1.8k dps hunter looking for raid (I'm DPS specced)"

"LFM Ulduar 10man, flame leviathan only, need 1 healer and 1 tank (MUST KNOW HOW TO HOLD AGGRO). don't suck, pst."

And of course the "michael jackson is dead", "the holocaust was a lie", etc etc

it's too much fun messing with people. It's almost worth the subscription just for the ability to troll. Biggest nerd ragers ever

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Sounds terrible to play wow

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Sounds terrible to play wow

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I like that movie. I watch movies instead of wow...i'm no better

white
    2000 Z28

wow is a fun game, no doubt. fortunately i got off before i hit the cap. stuck on league of legends since they released season 1 though. rts games just have me trapped. hell i even go back onto wc3 to play dota now and again. and they dont even track any stats in wc3 for the fun games.

Thread Information