Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

Just won in court - Trying to be humble, but......

I have a paranoid schizophrenic neighbor that constantly harasses me by calling the police (13 times in less than a year), the HOA (too many complaints to count), filing no trespass orders (for me and my son), etc. I have been ignoring him, but he finally went too far and sued for a Protective order. I have a clearance so I had to get a lawyer, even though the suit was clearly frivolous, I couldn't risk my clearance. Well, he loses in court (he ranted and raved and screamed obscenities at the top of his lungs in court), and then files an appeal, which I have to again hire an attorney to protect my clearance. The Appeal court throws out the case, and I filed a motion for a 'Fee-Shift Provision' which asks the court to order him pay all my legal fees. It is very rare for the court to grant that motion, but I had the hearing today and they granted it.

So I'm doing a little happy dance, but trying to remain humble. I would love to rub it in next time I see him (next door to me) but I'm hoping to have the strength to accept my win with humility and dignity. I so wanted to yell 'IN YOUR FACE!' when the judge read his decision in court.

red
    95 Z28

Eh, don't give him any more ammunition to mess with you. It's already likely that your dealings with him aren't over, so don't make the problem even worse. You getting him to have to pay your legal bills rubbed it in his face worse than anything you could have said to him, or could say to him in the future. Also, your continued silence and lack of a reaction will get under his skin more than any potential thing you could say or do. Just go about your life and let him continue to be an angry miserable person.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Just won in court - Trying to be humble, but......

Yup, just hope that this takes the wind from his sails and he offs himself. I reeeeeally have no place in my heart for people like that. Just hope that he doesn't feel the need for vigilante justice and takes matters with you or your son into his own hands since the courts didn't side with him.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Good victory, I agree with 5.0. Just give him a nod next time you see him and go about your business.

Thank god my neighbors aren't dicks.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

^^Amen to that.

Definitely beware of reprisals and make sure your son does as well.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree with 5.0........A lot to be said for just giving him a smile and nod every time you see him from now on. He knows and you know what happened....no reason to voice it. I would like to think that's what I would do but I know how I am....I would never be happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Hopefully he'll leave you alone now. I also agree with 5.0 and everyone else. You won. Just let him simmer on that

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Watch your SIX!
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Thread Information