Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Just saw a guy arrested for having a loaded 22 in his car

On COPS.

so let me get this straight.

In America, where we are protected by the second amendment, you can get arrested, charged with a felony, and your firearms confiscated and your car towed for having a loaded .22 rifle in your backseat?

WHAT THE FUCK?

this government is out of control.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

was this a concealed weapon charge?
    what if it wasn't loaded, I wonder if they can still throw you in the clink...

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic
    On COPS.

In America, where we are protected by the second amendment, you can get arrested, charged with a felony, and your firearms confiscated and your car towed for having a loaded .22 rifle in your backseat?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Okay we have the right to bear arms but not in the back seat of our vehicles. You ever heard of road rage? Happens all the time.

So the gov. is not out of control, People are.

But what are the guts to this story? What else is behind it besides what you wrote?

gray
    07 duramax

There are laws against road rage and shooting people. thats like banning pencils to combat hate speech.

you would be shocked to see what I have in the back of my car. I have been able to restrain myself from shooting idiots that pull out in front of me.

dude. fucking cop pulled the guy over, found a semi auto hunting rifle loaded with some rounds, cuffed him up, towed his car, confiscated his firearm.

Id be ashamed of myself if I was that cop.

Black
    '98 Z28

This is what I have been told. If you have a gun in your car, the ammo and gun need to be in seperate places, like the glove box and the trunk. If you have the gun in your glove box it should be locked. Also, when a cop approaches you HAVE TO announce that you have a gun in the car, otherwise you can be cited.

There are laws against road rage and shooting people. thats like banning pencils to combat hate speech.

you would be shocked to see what I have in the back of my car. I have been able to restrain myself from shooting idiots that pull out in front of me.

dude. fucking cop pulled the guy over, found a semi auto hunting rifle loaded with some rounds, cuffed him up, towed his car, confiscated his firearm.

Did he have a license? Did he have a felony? how old was he?

Here in texas dont you have to be 21 to get your concealed? BTW these questions are for your first pot i quoted the wrong one

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews
    This is what I have been told. If you have a gun in your car, the ammo and gun need to be in seperate places, like the glove box and the trunk. If you have the gun in your glove box it should be locked. Also, when a cop approaches you HAVE TO announce that you have a gun in the car, otherwise you can be cited.
    yup

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

On COPS.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Simple traffic stop, had no ID, officer asked for permission to search, car he was driving was stolen, he had a rifle with 20 rounds hidden in a towel on the back seat.

Yes, this government is out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93
    Simple traffic stop, had no ID, officer asked for permission to search, car he was driving was stolen, he had a rifle with 20 rounds hidden in a towel on the back seat.

Ahhh so we get the whole sotry. I guess he decided to leave that part out seems like the media now.

gray
    07 duramax

the car wasnt stolen.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Ahhh so we get the whole sotry. I guess he decided to leave that part out seems like the media now.

shutup.

gray
    07 duramax

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=4

http://www.geocities.com/videogamelists/cops1.html

Indio CA (11:04 PM Suspicion Vehicle) A man comes out of an abandoned building so the cops stop him. He says he has a 22 rifle in the backseak and gets arrested because the gun is loaded and unregistered #1607 1/10/04

what the shit? at what point in time did Americans have to start registering long guns?

yes, rbob, the fucking government is OUT OF CONTROL. all that cop was talking about was how he was getting this nasty .22 rifle off the streets. he should go home and slit his throat in the same way he is slitting americas throat.
    Last edited by Modulistic; 05-25-2006 at 03:24 AM.

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

in wyoming you probably would get arrested if it wasnt loaded,{land of the free} at least for know///

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Naw u said it yourself. U had to restain yourself over a traffic incident. A minor incident.
    So maybe the Officer of the Law saved someone from a road rage incident.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

modulistic you might be able to restrain youself but guess what your a grain of salt in a big salt shaker we call the united states. many people cant. we cant jus have people driving around with loaded guns. although a .22 is basically a 10 yr olds first hunting rifle. its not like your gonna be in a lethal shootout with a guy with a bolt action .22 rifle. i think an airsoft bb gun is prolly more dangerous lol the cops on "cops" sure do have a holier then thou attitude though. i agree with that. i dont understand the effort they waste busting people with small amounts of pot. they are non violent offenders. its not like they are drug dealers with large quantities of coke.

it is still illegal and therefore has to be upheld by law until it is deemed to be a legal substance, that is why we have a court system.........they decide(right or wrong) to what degree the law should be upheld. Cops always get a bad rap................he was driving a stolen vehicle(? conflicting info....) had a weapon hidden in a towel(was he planning to shower with it or what) so therefore he was trying to hide it for some reason. I agree that some laws we have are too strict but obviously this may have prevented a robbery or shooting of some sort.

I'm not saying you can't own a gun.

Hell, I'm not saying you can't carry a gun.

I'm just saying you can't carry a gun in your car.

You have to understand where Mod comes from when reading his posts. He doesn't see the reasons for the guy being arrested, that doens't make for good arguments against "the man". He just sees guy being arrested for having a rifle in his car.

It looks so much better for Mod's argument that he wasn't driving a stolen car, with no license, coming out of an abondon warehouse district, etc, etc.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z
    I'm not saying you can't own a gun.

Hell, I'm not saying you can't carry a gun.

I'm just saying you can't carry a gun in your car.
    why?? i carry my gun in my car all the time

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor
    Naw u said it yourself. U had to restain yourself over a traffic incident. A minor incident.
    So maybe the Officer of the Law saved someone from a road rage incident.
    Thats the risk you take when you get in your car and go driving. nobody said you were going to be safe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information