Thread: Johnny Jolly

Pewter
    '00 SS

Johnny Jolly

If you watched outside the lines today yoh saw his interview. If you know not who I am talking about, he is a defensive lineman who attended texas aTm and was drafted 6th round by the Packers. He has had drug related issues for awhile now (mainly codeine) and was indefintely suspended from the NFL. Tomorrow he goes to court because of his violation of probation (for codeine) and faces 2-20 years.

He is 28 years old and some say was the best D lineman the Packers had. If he does or does not go to prison for this violation, should the NFL re-instate him?
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    If you watched outside the lines today yoh saw his interview. If you know not who I am talking about, he is a defensive lineman who attended texas aTm and was drafted 6th round by the Packers. He has had drug related issues for awhile now (mainly codeine) and was indefintely suspended from the NFL. Tomorrow he goes to court because of his violation of probation (for codeine) and faces 2-20 years.

He is 28 years old and some say was the best D lineman the Packers had. If he does or does not go to prison for this violation, should the NFL re-instate him?
    Yes, they should.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Agreed

98 Formula
    06 duramax

why wouldn't they? The NFL now has a track record of reinstating convicted felons. I'm not saying it's wrong....I think these guys deserve second chances. People make mistakes and if they pay for those mistakes why not give them another chance at making good? To not give them that chance is almost forcing their hands to continue down the road they were previously on.

Pewter
    '00 SS

I agree with you. I was just asking to see if people remember this guy and what they think about it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

oh.....well....no....I have no idea who he is

Pewter
    '00 SS

Haha. Ok. Fair enough

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    why wouldn't they? The NFL now has a track record of reinstating convicted felons. I'm not saying it's wrong....I think these guys deserve second chances. People make mistakes and if they pay for those mistakes why not give them another chance at making good? To not give them that chance is almost forcing their hands to continue down the road they were previously on.
    I totally agree with 99% of what you are saying but (BIG BUT, work with me here ) if you commit a felony then why should you be allowed to make millions He had his chance and blew it (Plain and simple in my eyes) I don't like Vick, never will. If you commit a felony then why should we allow you to make more money then 99.9999% of every other human being on Earth. Fuck him and fuck this Jolly! Do I want them to do a life of crime.....no! Should they be given 2nd chances.....yes. Should they be given 2nd chances in a job that they make millions.....fuck no! Its only my opinion so take it how you want it. Life is more then sports, plain and simple (In my eyes) I'm already half pissed that pros make what they make. Can they be hurt, yup. Can they be killed, yup (Very Rare) now take that and put it into perspective compared to Military

Not trying to rant you out 0rion I'm just ranting I quoted you and then went off on a tangent

EDIT: I really want to apologize to 0rion here, sorry! I plain and simple think that being a pro athlete is a privilege, not a right! So with that being said, I don't think some guy thats stupid as a box of rocks (But can play a sport) should be allowed to walk all over the justice system**

** = BlackSS is 1/4 stupid himself, BlackSS can't play pro sports level, BlackSS is better then the justice system because we all know the justice system is a fuckin joke.....ask SPAZ
    Last edited by blackSS01; 11-20-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Pewter
    '00 SS

So, the only jobs a convicted felon should be able to have are pitbulls and parolee type? I guess my opinion is to disagree with your opinion. As Orion said, IF you pay your debt to society for the crime you have commited, you should be able to get a job along with the rest of the work force. If the position you specialize in happens to be football where people make millions, then so be it.

Now, if someone goes to prison and comes out and messes up again, then all bets are off. They shouldn't be able to do any DESCENT job because they did not learn their lesson the first time.

red
    2000 Z28

Jolly won't be back in the NFL after he gets out. 1. He's been sentenced to 6 years. With good behavior he'll serve 2.5. That's a lot of time for a 325lb man who hasn't played since 2009. 2. While he was a pro bowl player, he wasn't a once in a generation type player. There have been a lot of pro bowl quality d-linemen come and gone who no one remembers now. 3. He's a junkie. Junkies who go to prison without treatment come out lady junkies. He's got fat tits already.

He's just not special/good enough to get another shot. Even if he doesn't get a leg sawn off from diabetes when he gets to 450lbs, he's going to be too slow, too fat, too out of shape to play semi-pro ball in Racine, WI, much less Green Bay.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

he's a disgrace to Texas A&M. no reinstatement.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Strong opinions fellas. Also, i never followed up on the sentencing part. So, thanks foe that update

Thread Information