Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Jealous POS Pricks

For the past year I have been looking for an intership position with a pharmacy, since I'm a pre-pharmacy student. I was ecstatic when I got a decent paying position 6 months ago, even if it was in the ghetto. Oh how my attitude has changed in that 6 months. Over the course of my time there my car has been fucked with to no-end. I've had badges and centercaps stolen, doors keyed, and just today my entire front bumper was mauled by god knows what, I'm spending all night trying to buff this shit out.

My coworker who owns a clean 350z has also had the same problems. So i've decided to invest in an on board camera to figure out who the hell is doing this and to take matters into my own hands, whether it's beating their face into a pulp, fucking with their car to no end, or reporting them to the authorities.

My questions to you guys are as follows... any suggestion for a good mountable camera? Locations within the vehicle for the camera? And how should I respond once I have the perpetrator on film? I'm already looking for other locations to transfer to, but I will not do so until I find out who is messing with my car. Too much damage has been done for me to just let this fly over.
    M6, MS3 Cam, FAST 92/92, LS7 Clutch, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, Lid, K&N, OBX LT's, 3in ORX True Duals, KYB AGX shocks, BMR 3-Point SFCs, BMR springs, BMR Adj. PHR, LCA Relos, STB, 315 NT555Rs, DeepDish C5Z06s.

red
    95 Z28

There are cheap dash cam setups available on ebay, amazon, etc. And the subsequent dvr that you record to. Get a good enough camera that you can actually identify people and vehicles that come close to your car. And small enough to be discreet. As far as mounting it, try to keep a forward-facing one and a rear-facing one. The front facing camera maybe mount up near the rearview mirror, so it's less obvious. The rear one, same thing, up higher so as to hide it a bit. When you do get the footage, I'd recommend taking it to the authorities. If you start screwing with hood rats in the ghetto, you never know who you're going to come up against, or how many of them. Dont start something with one guy that ends up having an entire gang after you.

Or you could just transfer and move on before your car gets jacked with again and again. Getting the camera and trying to get justice one way or the other is going to take time and money. Just my .02...

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

I was thinking of using the headrests as a mounting location, and if I do choose to take matters into my own hands I will do so on my last day there, before I transfer out.

This idea is a bit extreme but I've been researching the most destructive chemical compounds one could pour into a gas tank, seeing as how I'm a biochem major, I'll figure something out.
    I'm in the heat of anger right now though, such thoughts might pass after I cool down, but after the accumulated cost of damage to my exterior, the damage to their POS econo box engine will even it out.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It's always good to retract a statement like that I'm sorry that your car is being messed with. Is sucks. I agree with 5.0. Just be careful. You have no idea who you are dealing with out there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Any reason you can't transfer to a better location?

Of course you could try the Patrick Swayze approach. Buy a POS car that just runs well. If they dent or scratch it so what. That would be the high road for me.

Low road, I'd be hunting the MoFo and give a little of trunk monkey to the SOB's!!!

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    This idea is a bit extreme but I've been researching the most destructive chemical compounds one could pour into a gas tank, seeing as how I'm a biochem major, I'll figure something out.

Gasoline and Liquid Plumber have a very unique and interesting reaction.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Any reason you can't transfer to a better location?

Of course you could try the Patrick Swayze approach. Buy a POS car that just runs well. If they dent or scratch it so what. That would be the high road for me.

Low road, I'd be hunting the MoFo and give a little of trunk monkey to the SOB's!!!
    This sounds like the best approach imo. Other direction could possibly get you into trouble with the law or worse.
    mount a camera and it might even get stolen as well.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

The Road House idea is a good one

Navy Blue Metallic

Lead, based on what was done it looks to me that it's is stuff that teenagers or young 20's would do.

Anyone hanging outside on a routine bases?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Openly saying you are going to harm someone or their property on an online public forum is not a very intelligent thing to do.

If you're going to be a thug, become a better one.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

You can always publicly threaten to murder them. And each one you murder, do so in the respect of one of the seven deadly sins. Like overfeed one guy till he essentially dies by eating. Then you can cut off one of their noses and glue tranqs to their hand. And another one you can bang them to death with a knife dildo. And then you can tie one to a bed in a chemically induced coma for over a year. But then you'll probably find your wifes head in a box.

wait.... nvm... yes.. this is a movie.

Navy Blue Metallic

one of the few movies Kevin Spacy was one scary character....

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Small cameras can often be removed from their housings. I have seen trucker auxiliary cab light housings that have cameras installed so they are not identified as cameras. That said, getting the problem person in clear view for a full face shot is always difficult unless the cameras are motion activated, and if you are parking on a street that simply won't work.

For crap urban area the best plan is to drive a beater that already has dents and just live with the carnage. Chances are that even if you spend a small fortune to identify the vandals the police won't devote the sufficient resources to stop them so you will likely just be wasting your money.

Also, especially in a bad neighborhood, the odds of you pissing off someone with a low sense of morals, bad attitude, and a fetish for hurting people is fairly high and you are probably better off with your car being the target rather that yourself...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tnthub View Post
    Small cameras can often be removed from their housings. I have seen trucker auxiliary cab light housings that have cameras installed so they are not identified as cameras. That said, getting the problem person in clear view for a full face shot is always difficult unless the cameras are motion activated, and if you are parking on a street that simply won't work.

For crap urban area the best plan is to drive a beater that already has dents and just live with the carnage. Chances are that even if you spend a small fortune to identify the vandals the police won't devote the sufficient resources to stop them so you will likely just be wasting your money.

Also, especially in a bad neighborhood, the odds of you pissing off someone with a low sense of morals, bad attitude, and a fetish for hurting people is fairly high and you are probably better off with your car being the target rather that yourself...
    Well said.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Whatever you do just remember hood rats are almost always in groups that tend to get larger and larger when confronted.

I'm willing to bet they are on foot too.

The cops will do nothing but take the complaint.

The vandals will likely also come back again and again too.

Even if the cops catch them and disperse them that will only likely be temporary and they will return.

Happens a lot here where I live (walking distance 10 or so blocks from the hood) too.

They will loiter around an area, cops will move them along and they will stay gone for a day or two then they are back again.

A video will help, along with a police report for an insurrance claim.

Best bet is as the others suggest buy a beater, and or transfer.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Kill'em all and let God sort them out

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

And one of my all time favorite movies.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    one of the few movies Kevin Spacy was one scary character....

White
    2008 Hummer H3

If you plan to attack make sure you're playing this..

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

People who tamper with other people's things have no respect. They are scum. I like to think that karma is a bitch and it will happen to those deserving of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information