Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Its official, Done with the Suburban....

Well, if you all can remember my story, it was about how my dad thought I deserved to get a car and I ended up choosing the suburban. Well, i'm disowning the suburban. It's not gonna be "my truck" anymore, i'm tired of looking like i'm taking little Conner and Susan to the soccer game i can't take that truck anymore. What we are gonna do is (parents have agreed to it by the way) i'm gonna drive the truck through 11th grade (this year) then when summer break comes i'm gonna try to pick up an F-Body with the money I have saved up WITH a little help from my parents and the suburbans gonna go to my brother since he likes it so basically for my senior year if i get my car the suburbans just gonna sit until my brother can drive. My budget is like 8-9k i'm really gonna try hard to find an LS1 f-body. I have around 4k and growing. My parents are gonna help pay the difference. Insurance is a big concern, but I'm gonna help them pay for it by getting a job because I know it's probably gonna be a lot. Me being 17 and a male. It's not gonna be cheap.

Basically what I have to do to make this happen is

1. Keep my grades up.
    2. Find a Job.
    3. Keep getting money so I can help pay a nice portion of the expenses on the car, and not be such a money sucking brat to my parents.

Well, thats the situation. I may be able to get my dream car after all. Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

white
    1997 dodge dakota

get a trans am

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike97dakota View Post
    get a trans am
    The name says it man, i'm gonna try.

01' Firebird Pewter
    98' Trans Am Black

Good luck man just make sure you do good in school and dont go out doing stupid shit.

if anything do what i did

My dad bought me a Firebird for 2,000$
    I spent about another 2,100$ on making it "look" like a trans am
    so now it looks like a trans am
    and once you have the money sell it and get a trans am

I`m using my firebird in the meantime because its cheap, gas isnt bad
    and it runs perfect

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by AfterYou View Post
    Good luck man just make sure you do good in school and dont go out doing stupid shit.

if anything do what i did

My dad bought me a Firebird for 2,000$
    I spent about another 2,100$ on making it "look" like a trans am
    so now it looks like a trans am
    and once you have the money sell it and get a trans am

I`m using my firebird in the meantime because its cheap, gas isnt bad
    and it runs perfect
    Thanks for the advice man.

But, I'm gonna be getting a 6 speed car, and those get pretty nice gas mileage, their actually not far off from what your car gets, so i don't think mpg's will be a big concern.

And I need that power, so the V6 is not for me man. Good suggestion though.

01 modded gtp

Nice hope ypou find what you are looking for

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    The name says it man, i'm gonna try.
    Come on, you know ws6 Formulas are sexier, just impossible to find

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Dont just let the truck sit. i've learned the hard way a few times that letting a vehicle sit almost always ensures you needing to spend money on it whether its a battery or brake rotors lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

oh yeah being 17, when you get the LS1, find a really big open parking lot and go crazy, get it out of your system, get used to the power and what it feels like to break traction etc. Not only will this hopefully make you respect the car more and not be compelled to lose your mind every time you take it for a ride, but you will know what it feels like when the rear breaks loose and it wont be as much of a surprise/panic. I believe this will greatly increase your odds of being one of the teenagers that doesnt crash his car

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Yeah, you could take the Suburban mudding and or friend carrying senior year just to run it. Mudding wouldn't help save parts though Stabil is your friend

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    oh yeah being 17, when you get the LS1, find a really big open parking lot and go crazy, get it out of your system, get used to the power and what it feels like to break traction etc. Not only will this hopefully make you respect the car more and not be compelled to lose your mind every time you take it for a ride, but you will know what it feels like when the rear breaks loose and it wont be as much of a surprise/panic. I believe this will greatly increase your odds of being one of the teenagers that doesnt crash his car
    O man, i dream about doing that, i'm pretty chill when I drive, so i don't think i'm gonna wreck it, i'm gonna reaaaallly baby it, it's my dream car for christ sake lol.

And yea, your previous comment is true. I mean, were not just gonna let it sit for 3 years. We'll drive it sometimes, i know i will don't get me wrong i like it, i'm just ready for something a little different, i'm not gonna neglect it. Still a good truck, no need to put it to waste.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Yeah, you could take the Suburban mudding and or friend carrying senior year just to run it. Mudding wouldn't help save parts though Stabil is your friend
    Yea, i'm not gonna let it sit that long, my brothers gonna learn to drive on it and keep it like i did. Gotta take care of it. And just like i said before, it's still a good truck, no need to waste it, and neglect it.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    Nice hope ypou find what you are looking for
    Thanks, stay out of trouble man lol.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

O man, i dream about doing that, i'm pretty chill when I drive, so i don't think i'm gonna wreck it, i'm gonna reaaaallly baby it, it's my dream car for christ sake lol.

And yea, your previous comment is true. I mean, were not just gonna let it sit for 3 years. We'll drive it sometimes, i know i will don't get me wrong i like it, i'm just ready for something a little different, i'm not gonna neglect it. Still a good truck, no need to put it to waste.
    trust me, there will be days when you dont feel like shifting and want that cushy sofa bed seating and smooth ride.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

trust me, there will be days when you dont feel like shifting and want that cushy sofa bed seating and smooth ride.
    My truck may not be fast, but it meets above perfectly, or atleast when I get rid of the damn 3/4 ton rear coils A literal couch-like bench seat, luv it

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

There will never be a day when i don't feel like shifting a 6-speed LS1 F-Body NEVER haha.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    My truck may not be fast, but it meets above perfectly, or atleast when I get rid of the damn 3/4 ton rear coils A literal couch-like bench seat, luv it
    It's bouncy as hell haha. Thats how my freinds bench seat is in his truck at least.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

There will never be a day when i don't feel like shifting a 6-speed LS1 F-Body NEVER haha.
    You think that now. Go sit in traffic on the highway and have to go from neutral to first 1.5 million times. shift all day everyday and there WILL be times where you wanna drive an auto just to run to the store or something. Im not saying that you will suddenly not want a stick anymore, im just saying this notion that you have, that you will NEVER get tired of shifting.... I'm telling you, after 10 yrs of driving 2 vehicles with a stick, there will be times you wanna drive an auto for the day/night.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

You think that now. Go sit in traffic on the highway and have to go from neutral to first 1.5 million times. shift all day everyday and there WILL be times where you wanna drive an auto just to run to the store or something. Im not saying that you will suddenly not want a stick anymore, im just saying this notion that you have, that you will NEVER get tired of shifting.... I'm telling you, after 10 yrs of driving 2 vehicles with a stick, there will be times you wanna drive an auto for the day/night.
    This is why I will always have at least 1 automatic car.

Automatics for Traffic and the track
    Manuals for fun

see what I did there?

White
    1999 Transam WS6

I daily drive my car, and have gone through hellish traffic here in NYC. The only time I would rather have an auto is sometimes when I'm coming home late at night after being out with friends and I don't care for shifting. Traffic has never really bothered me with the neutral-first-neutral routine.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    This is why I will always have at least 1 automatic car.

Automatics for Traffic and the track
    Manuals for fun
    see what I did there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information