Black
    1995 Firebird

Iphone vs Itouch?

So besides the obvious that the Iphone is well...a phone and a required phone contract upon purchase is there really a difference? Just wondering

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

No camera either. I bought a 32g touch a couple of weeks ago. It works pretty well. The wifi is decent but doesnt pick up a signal as good as my laptop. Also a few of the accesories that worked for my ipod classic dont work with the touch, mainly the charging part.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    No camera either. I bought a 32g touch a couple of weeks ago. It works pretty well. The wifi is decent but doesnt pick up a signal as good as my laptop. Also a few of the accesories that worked for my ipod classic dont work with the touch, mainly the charging part.

what.... apple products...not compatible with other apple products?

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

no phone, no camera. everything else is the same.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

In my opinion the Iphone is garbage.... If you unlock it or jailbreak it, it is ok Still no picture messages (unless through email) no flash on camera...

the iphone is cool if you surf the web alot, the internet is probably the best on any phone out there. And movies and music it is also great, but as for being a "smart" phone it lacks a ton compared to the blackberries on the market..

I had a BB then bought a Iphone and came back to BB If you are just wanting it as a music/video player then go with the touch..

Just my .02

Black
    1995 Firebird

Yea I was thinking of getting a Itouch for a nice mp3 plus imo all the cool features are a plus (different apps, so on)

But my phone is also beyond crappy so I thought why not get both? Plus if I don't like the Iphone I can still use it in its basic sense of almost like a itouch I guess...(once the contract was up with the phone part, I have AT&T anyways).

Anyone know the price for each?

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

not sure bout the price but do know that you got to be careful about just using Iphone as a touch... once the Iphone is activated thru ATT it is locked onto that, now say you decide you dont want to use it as phone anymore and get a different ATT phone. If Itunes updates the program and you update your Iphone your Iphone becomes locked and has to be "activated" to be able to use it even as a touch.... If you jailbreak it you dont have to worry about this though. I still use my Iphone from time to time, since it is jailbroken I can swap sim cards into the Iphone when ever I want... It works just like I have a contract on the Iphone... You can use a sim card from a blackberry in jailbroke Iphone as long as you have the BB data plan, but cannot use a sim card from jailbroken Iphone in a BB even if you have the Iphone data plan

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by QKSLVR99 View Post
    not sure bout the price but do know that you got to be careful about just using Iphone as a touch... once the Iphone is activated thru ATT it is locked onto that, now say you decide you dont want to use it as phone anymore and get a different ATT phone. If Itunes updates the program and you update your Iphone your Iphone becomes locked and has to be "activated" to be able to use it even as a touch.... If you jailbreak it you dont have to worry about this though. I still use my Iphone from time to time, since it is jailbroken I can swap sim cards into the Iphone when ever I want... It works just like I have a contract on the Iphone... You can use a sim card from a blackberry in jailbroke Iphone as long as you have the BB data plan, but cannot use a sim card from jailbroken Iphone in a BB even if you have the Iphone data plan
    Whhhhaaat? Are you kidding me? So years down the road if I wanna switch to a different phone it could lock up? Damn thats lame..

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

iTouch cant get 3G internet.. Has to connect on WiFi i believe... So you'd have to be in a hot spot

NBM
    99 TA

i have the itouch and just got an iphone as well.... they are similar with the obvious differences but so far i prefer the iphone to my old blackberry.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Powerhouse View Post
    iTouch cant get 3G internet.. Has to connect on WiFi i believe... So you'd have to be in a hot spot

I got the iTouch and it works in wifi areas only. Only bad thing I can think of is if the wifi is a pay to use your fucked with the iTouch, but with the iPhone you can use the interntz anywhere

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Iphone has some advantages for sure but all depends on what you use your phone for... I like the Blackberry over the Iphone, due to I can do so much more with the BB such as (atleast with the new Bold) view and edit microsoft documents, Pic txt (MMS), video camera, flash on the camera and light on the video camera..

Don't get me wrong Iphone is cool but it all really depends on what you want in a phone, for the money you might as well get the Iphone and jailbreak it.. That way if you do change phones down the line you still got a Itouch..

As stated above do be careful when purchasing attachments for the Iphone, most of them are generation specific even though the plug looks the same.. just cause you Ipod works doesn't mean the 3G will...

Also do homework on the Iphone 3G, not sure if they are still pushing out the original 3G but I heard alot of people having issues with it... Hell friend of mine bought one yesturday and it crashed while it was sitting on his desk LOL

Thread Information