Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burgundy
    1995 Razzi Olds Aurora

Insurance Rates for Under 20 crowd

This is for all the guys 20 and under:

What are your FULL COVERAGE insurance rates (whatever deductible) for your Trans Am's (not the V6's). I want to compare to what some people pay here. I am looking at a 1999 WS6 convertible. I can buy the car for 12500, but probably not the insurance. It will be all my money for everything. This is the car I have wanted since I was 11. I'll be keeping my other car as a collectible, but uninsured and covered in garage.

My State farm quotes are $1800-$2500 for 6 months, $500 deductible collision, $1million liability & full tort. I max out liability for everything.

It will be interesting to find out what people here pay. I only pay $954 for my Aurora full coverage every 6 months lol. That my friends is cheap V8 insurance. Has every electronic you can imagine. Expensive as hell to maintain the car though :

FYI...this is at No Acccidents rates or speeding tickets. I have 3 speeding and various traffic violations, but got the points taken out of every single one of them so my insurance doesnt reflect that.

Look forward to hearin from y'al.....
    Last edited by razziAURORA; 02-20-2006 at 07:21 AM.

john
    Why do you have $1million liability? Are you loaded? Are you parents rich?

Unless you are trying to avoid someone running off with your trust fund I'd drop that to $300k and see how much the premium drops.

You'd be a fool to pay an insurance premium equal to car payments. Basically the insurance company thinks you are going to total the car and they want you to start paying them for the replacement one now.

john

Burgundy
    1995 Razzi Olds Aurora

My dad drives a $100k car (the car I got all the tickets in too no less ) That doesnt mean anything here though. I pay for everything (run my own business). My parents are paying for college and I will be living at home so I just want a nice car to cruise around in that I am familiar with working on engine-wise. Everything seems so simple in the LS1 and most of my friends have them. On my Northstar V8 you can't get away from the $500 every month problems. That's a luxury car though, not a beater. I dont expect that shit with a T/A.

Transmissions are uber-cheap on T/A's too which I love. My car is $4400 for the 4T80-E, but it lasts over 150k.
    Last edited by razziAURORA; 02-20-2006 at 07:31 AM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by razziAURORA
    My dad drives a $100k car (the car I got all the tickets in too no less ) That doesnt mean anything here though. I pay for everything (run my own business). My parents are paying for college and I will be living at home so I just want a nice car to cruise around in that I am familiar with working on engine-wise. Everything seems so simple in the LS1 and most of my friends have them. On my Northstar V8 you can't get away from the $500 every month problems. That's a luxury car though, not a beater. I dont expect that shit with a T/A.

dude, have you read the "general help" section here?!!? wow...that's funny shit...

Black
    99 SS

Transmissions are uber-cheap on T/A's too which I love. My car is $4400 for the 4T80-E, but it lasts over 150k.

are u sure about the transmissions being cheap???

check again on that and bet back with us, if you have it done right and built by someone who know what there doing then its going to be 3,500 to 4,000, and its prolly not going to last 75k cuase of the way you will be driving it

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Try someone else other then state farm..they are very expensive but are a very good insurance company....but others are cheaper and also good. I have progressive and have never had a prob with them....but it's not as inter-personal as state farm, being that one don't have an assigned agent all the time...they just randomly give you one when you have a claim. But they're cheap and very popular so it's not like they're a backalley insurance company.
    Quote Originally Posted by razziaurora
    My dad drives a $100k car (the car I got all the tickets in too no less ) That doesnt mean anything
    Yea it does...it means your parents have a good amount of money or have really good credit and are in debt up to their ass. My guess is they're making you get the 1 million liability....since you're still under 18 and they are still legally responsible for you.

Burgundy
    1995 Razzi Olds Aurora

Thats what my dads policy is and I have to have it until im 18...which wont be too far anyway. I'll still probably take 1 million anyway. Why get 300k when its only 100-200 dollars or so cheaper? I can afford the 1M i'm pretty sure when i have my own policy. Although who knows it may skyrocket once i take my own out.

So what are your rates zboner? I'm sure they are pretty high unless you live out in hickville with a pop of 250. Or does that not apply, because Daddy pays for it?
    Last edited by razziAURORA; 02-20-2006 at 12:31 PM.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i jsut checked this out: www.netquote.com and an allstate agent called me back and said "we don't care about tickets, we care about accidents" maybe that's a lead you can follow. Infact, i should give you his direct line b/c i feel like a shmuck b/c i won't be using them [my current company ended up saving me $ on the renual]

his name is Mike: 888.811.5322 tell him Jaison with the firebird sent you I just feel bad when I don't use people who are genuinly trying to help

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If you get your own policy under your name...your rate will probably double, if any major insurance companies will even insure you.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Thats what my dads policy is and I have to have it until im 18...which wont be too far anyway. I'll still probably take 1 million anyway. Why get 300k when its only 100-200 dollars or so cheaper? I can afford the 1M i'm pretty sure when i have my own policy. Although who knows it may skyrocket once i take my own out.

So what are your rates zboner? I'm sure they are pretty high unless you live out in hickville with a pop of 250. Or does that not apply, because Daddy pays for it?
    dude, you're not gonna need a 1million policy, unless you actually plan on driving through a bank with your car...even then, the t/a will fold before the reinforced structure will.

zboner's policy is retarded he has a 1000$ deductable and state minimums. There is just no comparison, cuz-but i think that guy mike could help you?

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    dude, you're not gonna need a 1million policy, unless you actually plan on driving through a bank with your car...even then, the t/a will fold before the reinforced structure will.

zboner's policy is retarded he has a 1000$ deductable and state minimums. There is just no comparison, cuz-but i think that guy mike could help you?
    But he could hit a guy worth alot of money, and that guys family would more than likely not sue him..

I've already had a guy this year max out a $300,000 liability policy, cause he pulled out in front of a semi truck causing it to turn over.

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Mine is upards of 3k a year.
    1995 Camaro Z-28
    Black/Neutral|A4 GU5
    Modifications:
    Borla, MAC Mid's, SLP Level 1 Suspension with Prokit, SLP STB, SLP CAI, 1LE Elbow,Phillips HID, Advanced Induction 180cc Heads/224 Cam,Built 355, Yank 3200

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

$50 bucks a month, but I keep it insured under my dad's name with both out names on the title and am insured as the primary driver on a 1989 Toyota pickup.

4 banger + auto = low ass insurance rates

Black
    99 SS

my rate for full coverage is 1,200 s year and thats with a 1,000 deduct, i figure if the damage is 1,000 im not going to claim it anyways since if i do my rates are going to go fucking sky high anyways.

but the car is under my moms name and she is listed as the primary driver of my Z

for full coverage on a 99 T/A i was looking at under my name under the same policy was like 3,500 a year or something retarted like that

BLUE
    2000 SS M6

I pay 950yr for full insurance and maximums. but 37 and no tickets in MI also. 1,000 deduct for my 2000SS m6

4 cyl colorado

$471 for 6 months and mad about that. No tickets since 1985(probably get one now that I've mentioned it)
    '73 Plain Jane Camaro, Gen III, T56
    '02 WS6, M6
    All gone but not forgotten

BIGRED Z
    I'll still probably take 1 million anyway. Why get 300k when its only 100-200 dollars or so cheaper? I can afford the 1M i'm pretty sure when i have my own policy. Although who knows it may skyrocket once i take my own out.

You only insure liability to cover your net worth. (Your net worth is what you own, minus what you owe.) That way, if someone sues you, you don't lose your house, cars, and other assets. (what would happen if you underinsure.) If you are the average 18 year old, student, out on your own, you have a Negative net worth. Meaning you owe more than you own. In this case, you need only insure to with state minumum requirements until you buy a house. Then you insure to cover the cost of the house and any other assets you have so that if you're ever at fault, you can satisfy the judement against you with your insurance policy payout and not become homeless.

Point being, to overpay premiums is just plain stupid. Why pay premiums on a 1 million dollar liability if you're only worth 200G? You'll never recover the one million, so it's just wasted money. Unless of course it sounds really cool to say shit like that thinking people will be impressed. Which leads me to the next question, how impressed would you be if the idiot next to you at Walmart was buying a 200 TV but insisted on paying 500 just because his Dad was a millionaire?

Lori

Black
    97 z28

Lori,

Do you work in insurance??
    -SprFstZ28

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

Hm..you live in WC Pa too, You go to Henderson, East, Shannahan? Just got my car last week and its about $250 a month with my 91 explorer on it. When I had just my formula I believe I was paying $160 or so.

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

I actually think I have seen you driving around in that car. It sounds familiar. No offense or anything, but do you drive like an asshole sometimes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information