Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1966 Corvette Coupe

insurance blues......

that should be nuff said, but here is the whole story...

i am trying to get everything straightened out in my life... so im gonna buy my 2002 monte carlos SS off of my rents... and get insuracne and such under my name... and hoping to buy a 2002 ws6 T/A somewhere in the near future...

so i go down to the state farm place and they tell me that they cant insure me since ive never had insurance strictly in my name and i have alway been on my rents policy...

so i go down to the all state place and he ask me if i have any claims in the last 3 year... i have 3 (none my fault: deer ran into the side of my car, tree branch fell on my car, and a fire pipe gate was left unlocked by a security guard during a storm and it swung through my windshild)... he tells me the im uninsurable, but checked me out anyway and i came up clean... none of the clames showed up, nor did my ticket...

so he takes down all my info and tells me that for just the monte it would be $1226.26 every 6 months... and for both cars it would be $1124.97 for the monte and $1354.12 for the ws6... ok so my shitty 6 banger front wheel drive is only like 15% cheaper than a fire breathing monster? and you want me to pay you $5000 a year for insurance when i barely pay that for payments?

ummm sorry but thats rediculous... especially when they will just charge me more if i use the services im paying for... i have a wreck.. will they say heres your check thank you for using us... nooooo... they will tell me that becuase i was driving on the right hand side of the road that my claim cant be processed and then thank me for reporting the accident so that they can raise my rates... oh its not your fault... who cares... that will be $2000 a year more... oh no im sorry i cant give you a reach around... thats just against our company ethics...

any ideas anyone? im thinking about doing what all the mexicans do... i mean no insurance ticket is only like $200... that 25 tickets a year... and i can just pay up on insurance for like a month a year so i can get my car plated... and if i have a wreck its not like insurance would do shit for me anyway... (im not serious, but still its tempting)

Black
    97 z28

Most states suspend your license for driving without insurance...

Seriously though, Do NOT go with allstate please.. They are horrible, not just in pricing but in service as well, they will turn down claims for anything possible... www.allstateinsurancesucks.com
    www.allstateinsurance.org

surprisingly, a HUGE part of your insurance is your credit score.. If your credit score is high, then that means BIG difference with most companies.. being 23 with no prior insurance, I would definately suggest Progressive, or AIG insurance company. They specialize in first time insurance programs.. your gonna get screwed in any standard company without prior insurance.. My suggestion is, Find an agent that represents Drive insurance from Progressive, and get a quote, then find an agent that represents AIG, and get a quote. If they are similar in price, go with AIG if you can, they are bigtime a better company, and not as money hungry as progressive. Also, make sure you go through an agent rather than progressive direct, or AIG direct. The rates are lower through an agent, even most people think they would be higher because an agent makes commission off of it, but they are lower through an agent. Plus if you go through a good agency, they will be the ones who service your account, not the actual company, and they want to keep you as a customer alot more than the company does, so you WILL get better service. Hopefully that helps you out a little, and just ask if you have any more questions.
    Last edited by Sprfstz28; 02-17-2006 at 12:32 PM.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

GIECO did me good:
    24 yr old
    2001 Ford Lightning
    Full Coverage.....380 every 6 months

white
    2001 camaross

buy a piece of shit car and put liabilty on it and dirve it for like a year but still get the ws6 but have that in your parents name and wait about a year and maybe that would help. ??????i hate insurance (it like having 2 car payments for 1)

White
    1998 Trans Am

not too bad for me...22 year old male...one ticket for 69 in a 60...full coverage on a 98 TA...$502/6 months

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

380 for 6 months...holy shit dude....you live in BFE with a pop of 200 or something?

BIGRED Z
    You need to shop around, sit down for a nice afternoon with the yellow pages.

Driving without insurance will only get your license suspended and more fees and fines.

Others had good suggestions too.

Lori

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

19, 99 Trans Am and a 91 Explorer, $270 a month. I have Nationwide. I'd recommend Nationwide or Geico. I've even heard some good things about AAA. Don't go without insurance though, if anything ever happened you wouldn't be covered. They could fight it even if it wasn't your fault. To get inspection they ask for your insurance card too. Good luck with picking a company. Shop around and get some quotes though if you can.

1966 Corvette Coupe

what the hell is an inpection?

you need to move to a state that pretty much lets your run methonol... one good thing about AR...

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

Just another thing that they use to get more money out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    what the hell is an inpection?

you need to move to a state that pretty much lets your run methonol... one good thing about AR...

1966 Corvette Coupe

called an independent agent today... got a quote of... $948 / 6 mo.... that was just on the monte... didnt waste her time on the T/A... thats a lil better and she said there were a few more deductions that could be taken off... but i really need this down to more like $750 / 6 mo... insurance is such a rip...

i wish i had a way to make an insurance company that didnt treat ppl like trash... there should be no way your insurance payment gets even close to your car payment, unless you are clearly a risk...

Black
    97 z28

Trust me man, I know how you feel, I deal with this stuff every day.. It just sucks that the only thing they have to base their rates on is statistics, basically all an insurance company does is gamble on the odds that you won't make them lose money, and they get to set how much money it takes for them to take that risk..
    -SprFstZ28

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Also make sure you check the rates for a new zip code if you ever plan on moving...I didn't and my insurance went up $100 a month for moving 2 miles away I called progressive and they said it's because it's a different county...guess the population is higher....crock-o-shit

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    my insurance went up $100 a month for moving 2 miles away
    I remeber reading that... i laughed sooo damn hard... not that its funny its just SOOOOOO typical...

or they say its based on population... i lived in a county with 0, thats right zero, stoplights and insurance on my truck was like $1600 a year.... now you tell me how a county of like 5000 constitues that...

White
    2003 Ram 2500

GIECO did good for me 2. Both my trans am and s10 blazer for 6 months is 425. I had tickets and 2 claims. check them out

92 K Blazer/'03 H-D Deuce

when i had my z, i was paying about $1200/yr full coverage. Now im paying about $500/yr for my blazer. I dont have 3 cars anymore

BIGRED Z
    there should be no way your insurance payment gets even close to your car payment, unless you are clearly a risk...
    That's the sad part, by virtue of you being a young unmarried male, you are a HUGE risk in their eyes. It's all a stats game. When you shop around make sure you're comparing like coverage. That's to say the same deductibles, the same coverage limits etc.

Lori

1966 Corvette Coupe

ah yeah cuase when i get married and have a wife bitching at me all the time about stupid ass shit... im less of a risk to go insane and slide curves at 90 mph to get shit off my mind...

plz dont hit me Lori...

like i said insurance is a crock of shit... what does it matter if you are married or single... and who cares about things like this... thats right the 2 biggest shit eating organizations on the planet... Insurance companies and the IRS...

-Me

BIGRED Z
    ah yeah cuase when i get married and have a wife bitching at me all the time about stupid ass shit... im less of a risk to go insane and slide curves at 90 mph to get shit off my mind...

plz dont hit me Lori...

like i said insurance is a crock of shit... what does it matter if you are married or single... and who cares about things like this... thats right the 2 biggest shit eating organizations on the planet... Insurance companies and the IRS...

-Me
    The idea being that a married person is settled down, more responsible, ie spouse, children, mortgage, etc. Most folks are a little less inclined to drift on curves at 90 mph with a baby in the car. BTW, don't marry a nag and you won't have to worry about that.

The zip codes, or part of town matters based on that areas crime rate.

The type of car you have includes 2 factors; 1 How expensive is it to repair and replace parts? 2 How often is it stolen, or in other words how popular is it with thieves?

Age: statistically, younger drivers are in more accidents due to inexperience. Of all accidents, statistics show that 16-24 year olds cause the most.

Gender: Males statistically are involved in more crashes than females, mostly thought to be becasue males are risk takers.

If you're a young male, you're just fucked. Also, chances are if you're white, you can bend over even more as chances are greater that you will be driving a more expensive model that your black counterpart Tyrone.

Lori <-----knows insurance companies are the devil

NBM
    '00 Z28

Well, I'm insured through USAA, which you can only get if you're in the military, but for my DD(liability, glass and roadside assist.), my fiance's DD(liability only), and storage insurance on the Z28, I pay 549.00 for 6 months.

Try dropping full coverage off the monte during the summer and carrying only the minimums for storage. Vice Versa for the toy during the summer. That should keep your costs down.

Just, DO NOT DRIVE ON STORAGE INSURANCE!!! That'll get you screwed over bad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information