Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Important info for nj members.

As of this new year all HID headlights WILL NOT pass inspection if the car did not come with them. This is for the ones that are blue or purple only. The inspector in our shop told me this and said the headlights have to be "white light" only. He also stated that fogged headlight lenses will now pass inspection,along with other things that shouldn't.

Now time to rant,. This state has to be the most ass backwards state in the union with the laws that they come up with. now which would make more sense having brighter lights that allow you to see better at night,or fogged headlight lenses that cuts your night vision? I don't want to hear shit about "well the hid's are to bright and blind me" CLEAN YOUR FUCKIN WINDOWS. I have never had problems with them as long as my windows was clean. the dirt,nicotine film,salt grime (in the winter) and all around road grime on windows cause a glare causing you to be "blinded"

Another example is the damn CCW permits, you may get one, if you are law enforcement,or in the state Govt'. but other than that your pretty much shit out of luck, and the assholes that run this state wonder why the crime is high.

However there IS a silver lining,there are people putting bills in,and some went to the next step already. One being changing to a shall issue state. where if you want a ccw and you have no issues you will get one. another is the castle law, which means no more running and trying to hide,or getting the farthest from an escape as you can before blowing an intruders brains out all over the walls. Once they enter they are fair game. there are many other good bills for firearms owners ,and sportsmen/women on the table,I just hope the powers that be have the sense to pass them.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Well, I guess I am not getting HIDs for my car. I guess I will get a set of SilverStars to match the foglights.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

just swap em for inspection. You looking to get blue hid's cammed?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I want the 6k ones. Slightly purple/blue.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Well, I guess I am not getting HIDs for my car. I guess I will get a set of SilverStars to match the foglights.
    they have "white" hid's I believe. I know the kit I am looking at for the intrepid has a choice between white,blue and purple.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...Q5fAccessories

see if they have something like that for your car

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

oh according to the ad 6000k is "hyper white" so your good

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yah. I think 6k is the legal limit, but I could be wrong.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You don't want super blue. Lower is brighter, like 4k is brighter than 8k. Oh,,,and as for your rant. I nearly shat my pants last night. Going 60 in a 35 trying to beat a train to a crossing. When a car comming down the cross street, had the bluest headlights I ever seen. Slammed on the brakes thinking a cop was flashing me. Also, I regularly see a car with green headlights that just annoys me, and one with pink headlights which is alright as long as the girl is hott.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    they have "white" hid's I believe. I know the kit I am looking at for the intrepid has a choice between white,blue and purple.
    yep, they got plenty of pure white kits

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    You don't want super blue. Lower is brighter, like 4k is brighter than 8k. Oh,,,and as for your rant. I nearly shat my pants last night. Going 60 in a 35 trying to beat a train to a crossing. When a car comming down the cross street, had the bluest headlights I ever seen. Slammed on the brakes thinking a cop was flashing me. Also, I regularly see a car with green headlights that just annoys me, and one with pink headlights which is alright as long as the girl is hott.
    so a dude in a 4 cylinder altima coupe with pink headlights isn't cool misguided youth at my school..

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    yep, they got plenty of pure white kits

so a dude in a 4 cylinder altima coupe with pink headlights isn't cool misguided youth at my school..
    It's you isn't it

Impounded
    gmcheviac

naw, I got dem green hids in my bloated sentra (rogue). It really does need a lighting upgrade, headlights are terrible. I guess when an hid option is offered you NEED to get it. I'll put some silverstars in, not messing with wiring or ballasts on the mom car

Awaiting Activation

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    I don't want to hear shit about "well the hid's are to bright and blind me" CLEAN YOUR FUCKIN WINDOWS. I have never had problems with them as long as my windows was clean. the dirt,nicotine film,salt grime (in the winter) and all around road grime on windows cause a glare causing you to be "blinded"
    If you'd adjust your damned headlights so they don't shine in my eyes you wont hear shit. It's not that the windshield is dirty, it's that the douche who puts HIDs in a stock housing that isn't designed to reflect the light properly and then has them set to shine upwards or at the stock angle. You ever notice how most high end and properly installed HID's sort of stop at a certain height at the top of the light beam?? It's so that they don't shine in oncoming traffic's eyes. It don't make a shit if I'm driving with no windsheild, if you're shining HID light in my eyes I can't see shit.

Thread Information