Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Im gonna shoot this guy

Ok so get this guys. I had to go to court on dec 20, 2007 to testify about the minivan guy that i paid the $457 ticket for when i didnt do anything. So i walk into the court room on dec 20, and the guy saw me and wanted to make a deal with the prosecutor. (He thought I already paid my fines, so i woodnt care) so he was shocked to see me. He then asked the judge to re-schedule his court date. The judge agreed and made the new date for jan 14, however the judge told me I didnt have to show up because the mini van guy changed his date. The judge told me that if they needed me that they would call me. On Jan 14, they never called, so i thought the guy confessed and paid his fines. Last week I get another subpoena, saying that the new date was on feb 7th. Today i recieved another subpoena saying ITS FUCKING RE-SCHEDULED AGAIN FOR MARCH 7TH!!!

I was pissed off and went to the court house bitching and complaining. I told the lady in charge of all this.....
    Me- "I have a question regarding this please"
    Lady- "Ok go ahead, wuts ur question"
    Me- "I was sent a letter and a subpoena saying I had to testify on Dec 20th regarding Mr. Whic's case. I came in and Mr. Whic told the proescutor he wanted another court date. The judge agreed to this and told me that IF they needed me he would call me on Jan 14th. I did not attend college that day thinking I would get the call, and I never did. Last week I get another subpoena saying again there is a new date which is the 7th of Feb. Today I get another letter saying its moved to March 7th?? Can u please tell me wuts going on, and y this is so complicated mam? I do not appreciate this, becasue the court is wasting my time, and i had things planned which i had to cancell"
    Lady- "O im so sorry, but sometimes it happens. We change the court dates becasue sometimes the court gets to full"

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Court is full my ass...the dude is dragging it out in hopes that you won't show. Find out the exact time of the next date and show up anyway....tell the judge he's already asked for a later court date several times. If you win you might be able to bring him into small claims court for lost wages....couldn't hurt to try anyway.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sounds like the dumb cunt doesnt know what she's talking about, this sucks man, he's just trying to get you to pay up , but dont, keep fighting it, hang in there

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    keep fighting man, no matter what, show up on that date and own that mofo.

Black
    99 SS

yea the court system is seriously screwed up, im going through the same thing kinda with them right now. i had a signed paper from the diversion guy saying I had to take and anger managent assesment and a substance abuse class (got drunk and into a fight) and that everything would go away, so i complete all said classes, mail the paper work in and then 2 months later get a letter saying there opening my case back up????????

I was like WTF? so i call the dude and he was like I just wanted to make sure you are still in your classes, I asked what classes and he said anger management classes, which are $50 a class i might add and they want me to attend once a week. i dont have the cash to pay for that in the first place. and this is all after I was deemed that I didnt not have an anger problem, that I just got drunk and shit happens.

so I hate the court system as much as you do, I hate all state 'progrmas'

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

In reference to your thread title... on the plus side... if you DO kill him... the court date thing probably won't matter as much to you...

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    sounds like the dumb cunt doesnt know what she's talking about

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

no i already paid my fine. The prosecutor said hed waive my points, so my dad wrote a nice check for $457!! Now this dickhead, still thinks hes innocent when the prosecutor tells him hes not, so he decided to get his lawyer, attorney etc... Im a calm guy by nature, but what the fuck man? The court date changed 4 times in the past 5 weeks. And whats the guarantee it wont change again in 2 weeks.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

This is the way it goes man. Layers and their clients always change their schedules, usually at the last moment. It's always been like that. My court date got stretched out over 9 months.

By the way, why are you going to court?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    This is the way it goes man. Layers and their clients always change their schedules, usually at the last moment. It's always been like that. My court date got stretched out over 9 months.

By the way, why are you going to court?
    The storie goes like this..... Back in Nov I was at an intersection in my town. The dude in the minivan was in the left lane and i was in the right. Light turns green we go, it got to a point where one of us had to let the other go ahead or stay back. I decided to speed up and overtake him (after the intersection it becomes a one lane road, and to make things worse there was a truck parked in front of me, about 100ft). He woodnt let me pass him and slams the gas as well. Now its almost a one lane road and i HAD to get into the left lane or else id go straight into the truck. I go all out in 1st gear and overtake him. As im going into 2nd, he gets behind me and throws on the HB and tailgates me. Officer pulls us over and i tell him wut happened. He gave me 2 tickets one for tints and another for careless driving. He told me, he wasnt there to see it, nor where there any witnesses thats y he gave me a ticket cuz he doesnt know who to believe.

When i told the prosecutor he told me it was my fault, because i shuda pulled over and dailed 911?? UMM OK... when was the last time u tried dailing 911 when some1 was tailgating u and harrasing you? He said he would wave the points but i had to pay a $250 surcharge on top of court fees and the ticket(s) cost. GAY!!! But wutcha gonna do? I just hope this old fuck dont get away with a slap on the wrist.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

So what did they nail the other guy for?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

The guy prolly thought i was trying to race him. He was trying to impress his g/f "Hey look baby, that punk ass kid thinks hes gonna take me" Poor guy....kinda looked like the type that never got laid.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    The guy prolly thought i was trying to race him. He was trying to impress his g/f "Hey look baby, that punk ass kid thinks hes gonna take me" Poor guy....kinda looked like the type that never got laid.
    So what kind of fine did he get?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    So what kind of fine did he get?
    I know he got one for using highbeams in public road, and i forget the other one. But court presence wasnt mandatory, i just went to cut a deal with the prosecutor. This guy thinks hes gonna get away with nothing, but im not gonna let that happen.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

his lawyer is probably the one moving the dates. They like to do that until they get a favorable judge. Sometimes if you get a ticket that requires the cop to show up they'll schedule it for the cops day off so there's a less chance they'll show up or move the dates around and shit like that. Lawyers.......gotta love 'em.
    My older brother got an DUI many years ago. He has connections and ended up with this really good lawyer. High dollar type lawyer. At their first meeting the lawyer said "Have you ever watched the news and saw where some scumbag gets out of a crime do to some petty techinicality? My brother says "yes". The lawyer said "You're now that scumbag."

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

OK, had you told the judge in the beginning "I object" to moving the court date, and told him the trial is today, and I am prepared for court today you wouldn't be in this situation, Now granted I did not read ALL the crap posted in this thread, but NEXT time you go to court do that and the judge will most likley grant your request.....But hay what do I know?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    his lawyer is probably the one moving the dates. They like to do that until they get a favorable judge. Sometimes if you get a ticket that requires the cop to show up they'll schedule it for the cops day off so there's a less chance they'll show up or move the dates around and shit like that. Lawyers.......gotta love 'em.
    My older brother got an DUI many years ago. He has connections and ended up with this really good lawyer. High dollar type lawyer. At their first meeting the lawyer said "Have you ever watched the news and saw where some scumbag gets out of a crime do to some petty techinicality? My brother says "yes". The lawyer said "You're now that scumbag."

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You were in the right lane, right lane merges over, but I have this happen a lot to me...but wtf, you deserve the ticket, you practically got beat by a mini-van, you should go cut your nutsack off, throw in out the window and then hang yourself.

I do that to people all the time when I am in the left lane, I floor it and piss em off so they have to stop, or when someone pulls off a sideroad onto highway in front of me, I speed up to at least 15mph over speed limit just to come up on their ass fast then I slam brakes on getting close to bumper. I hate jackasses that pull out in front of you.

Thread Information