Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Lightbulb I want to invest some of my money. Where do I start?

I want to invest in the stock market, or whatever else will make me some money, but know nothing about the market blah blah.

So what should I do & where should I start?
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    I want to invest in the stock market, or whatever else will make me some money, but know nothing about the market blah blah.

start with low risk mutual funds... and also if you don't have a 401k or IRA set up already then do it now...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

get a roth ira. it even helps you on your taxes. put the max in per year if you can swing it and you'll have a huge wad of cash at retirement.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Wherever you start you need to do alot of research........im talking quarterly to annually and beyond.......dont go to anything blind

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    start with low risk mutual funds... and also if you don't have a 401k or IRA set up already then do it now...
    excellent advice.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

the advice spaz gave is great advice because theres a guaranteed yield of return. Start saving in ira's and 401ks now, its much harder when you are older. You will have to work so many more years later in life if you dont start now.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

start with a 401k first and max it out. then move onto IRA's and money market accounts. regardless of what you choose to do DIVERSIFY in it all...

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Where the heck is FUTURETRADER when we need advise on stocks and investments?

He was a good member and quite a character.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Where the heck is FUTURETRADER when we need advise on stocks and investments?

He was a good member and quite a character.
    he lost all his money and went in to his garage closed the doors and turned on his car... j/k

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    get a roth ira. it even helps you on your taxes. put the max in per year if you can swing it and you'll have a huge wad of cash at retirement.
    Already have 1. Have not been able to put anything in b/c of my work situation this past year.

I don't have my IRA setup for anything special. It just sits there & collects peanuts for interest.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

he lost all his money and went in to his garage closed the doors and turned on his car... j/k
    But he had such a fleet of cars which one did he have running?

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Right on Spaz, I was going to say the same.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Though risky, stock options can make money scary fast. They can also lose money scary fast. The greater the risk the greater the reward. The less the risk, the less the reward.

Here is a basic example. You want to buy an option on XYZ company. XYZ company is currently trading at $50 a share. The option you want, betting that the stock will go up in price, is $1.25. The stock goes to $55. The option goes to $2.50 or higher. While the stock only moved a little bit, the option doubled or more in price. A lot of money can be made with options very quickly if you do your homework and understand them. I've been kicking some serious ass in my virtual/fake trading account. I started with $500,000 in it on 12/1/06 and as of right now it is worth $842,655.89. Unfortunately I'm a broke college student so I only have like $2,000 in my actual trading account.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Already have 1. Have not been able to put anything in b/c of my work situation this past year.

I don't have my IRA setup for anything special. It just sits there & collects peanuts for interest.
    Yeah it doesnt really help unless you're contributing to it. I try to get the maximum in for the year every year and theoretically I could have a million dollars from it at 50. Not bad at all.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Yeah it doesnt really help unless you're contributing to it. I try to get the maximum in for the year every year and theoretically I could have a million dollars from it at 50. Not bad at all.
    even $20.00 a week is giong to make a massive impact on a IRA account... $20.00 a week in nothing... for some people that is two hours, hour,1/2 hour, of work... your not really going to miss taht $20.00 that much... *so you can't get a few packs of smokes or a few breakfast sammiches...*

oh... and if you ever make a premature withdraw from a IRA account or other make sure that you with hold 10% so you don't get butt fucked at the end of the year with taxes...

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Silver is finding new uses every minute, on top of its myriad industrial uses.

silver iodide is placed in baby eyes to prevent infection.. its a time honored antibiotic. burn wards have used bandages dipped in low concentration silver solutions for a hundred years. they used to put a silver coin in milk to keep it fresh longer.

new washing machines inject silver ions and dont need detergent. silver water filters and disinfectants. silver impregnated hospital blankets fight germs. silver impregnated underwear and socks never stink. Curad silver bandages on are sale right now.

those defroster lines in your rear mirror? silver
    need a high dollar electrical contact?
    need a photgraph developed? silver
    mirrors use silver, electrical contacts that dont arc, etc etc etc
    circuit boards.. silver

Silver is being used up faster than it can be mined. there are two classifications for silver, above ground and below ground. above ground silver stands for silver that has been mined and is accounted for. there is more above ground GOLD than there is above ground SILVER, the reason being that gold doesnt have near as many industrial uses as silver. silver has been consistently used up since it stopped being used as a currency decades ago. the stockpiles are keeping the price of silver low because it is cheaper to use up the stockpiles of silver instead of mine it at a huge cost. silver mines have shut down and opening them is a years long process. it is my opinion that silver is set to go very high once large scale buying of silver for new industrial applications take place and the limited quantity available for industrial use.

The best thing is, you can go to a coin store and buy junk silver. junk silver is old american nickels dimes and quarters made from silver. the worst case scenario is that the price of silver plummets and you have to redeem your silver for face value. lol, you cant lose.

ive made quite a bit of money holding physical silver, but you can also make money off of warehouse receipts if you are afraid of having beautiful silver in your physical possesion. http://www.marketwatch.com/quotes/slv

barclays silver etf = exchange traded fund. basically, they stockpile silver under scrutiny of the SEC and you purchase shares of the stockpile, the price of which will fluctuate with the demand for silver.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

buy an exotic? (dancer or car)

Yea roth IRA is great & so is the 401k. My company does 3% & I do 3%, so I get 6% in there. Also as of right now I am putting $333 in my roth, $4k max for the year & it seems to be doing well. Now unless I get a better job, that will be going down, as we just had a baby & the wife isn't working Dam day care costs!!!
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse Red GTO View Post
    Yea roth IRA is great & so is the 401k. My company does 3% & I do 3%, so I get 6% in there. Also as of right now I am putting $333 in my roth, $4k max for the year & it seems to be doing well. Now unless I get a better job, that will be going down, as we just had a baby & the wife isn't working Dam day care costs!!!
    My company doesn't match anything in the 401k

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse Red GTO View Post
    How come you need daycare if you wife doesn't work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information