Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink I test drove an 07 mustang gt and an 07 GTO on my birthday...

The mustang was first...

Gun Metal was my favorite color, but we drove the black one. I loved the look of the car honestly, but not so much the interior.

The interior felt real congested (I am 6' 212lbs of hard mucle ) and the door panels made it seem like I was sitting so far DOWN.

The seats were as comfy as youd expect.

During the drive I noticed the exhaust didnt sound too bad for a stock car.

But this car is not fast. I drove it like I stole it and it really feels like its dragging a ball and chain.

The car was a 5-speed and that shifter fucking SUCKED. Oh, that would be the first to go. It appears to be a short shifter, but it sure isnt. Most "rubbery" shifter Ive used. Id rip that fucker right out.

Next thing Id get would be gears. That might had been why it seemed so sluggish and heavy.

The GTO was unfortunelty an automatic, so the comparison isnt as spot on.

I do not like the looks of the car whatsoever, but if anyone has seen my posts, you know that already.

The seats WERE in fact more comfortable than the mustang's and I guess I liked the red dash better than the Mustang's retro, but NOT by much.

Not as congested, more spacious.

I could hear the exhaust too! In fact, Id say they were about equal in sound. Funny thing about the GTO though was that I could feel the exhaust through the seats and this was IDLING exhaust. Imagine with headers! I kinda didnt like it, made me have a tummy ache.

The ride was smoother and it was definetly faster. Way faster! Being slung back into your seat from an automatic is one thing, but when compared to driving a mustang with a v8 and a manual, thats a helluva difference.

Overall, my predictions were accurate. I love the look of the mustang over the GTO hands down and it says it gets 19 city miles vs. GTO's 16, but thats not too much. The GTO's power is clearly why youre paying $30K+. Even though the seats were more comfortable and the interior was a tad better than the mustangs, in MY taste, I can see both of them eventually turning bad. Bottom line, I like to modify cars and the GTO doesnt need much depending on your power goals. THe mustang would be fun to modify, but dollar for dollar, youd end up spending more for all that than the total price of a GTO. However, you know that GTO wont stay stock.

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Funny thing about the GTO though was that I could feel the exhaust through the seats and this was IDLING exhaust. Imagine with headers! I kinda didnt like it, made me have a tummy ache.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

GTO FTW!

Awaiting Activation
    happy b-day. '06 was the last year for the GTO.

Yea, I was going to say that, must have been an 06, but there are still new one's out there on the lots!!
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

i had a similar experience, but i for some reason like the GTO looks. and the interior is awesome. the mustang was slow. it was winter when i drove it (no snow on the roads) when i drove it back to the dealer, the thing couldnt get up the dealer driveway with very little snow matted on the road. the GTO seemed to not have much trouble with the slick streets tho.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

i would imagine after headers and exhaust you would feel it in the mustang as well. in my 97 ta i have stock exhaust with just a cutout and i feel it all the time but it makes it more fun knowing that i'm in a car that can produce that kinda feeling and power. jmo.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

You won't be paying 30k for a GTO. 06s still on lots will have prices dropping sharply soon. Late last summer I saw new 05s still on the lots down to 26k.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i wanna test drive those two, and a new charger

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I drove the 2006 GTO today....here are my opinions

1. GTO was faster 0-60 than my SS but didnt smoke the tires any better than my a4 that was a surprise since the GTO is a m6
    2. Top end from a 50 mph roll no way it beats my 01 ss
    3. My SS sounded much better @ full thottle
    4. GTO rode more smoother
    5. SS looks better
    6. SS monsoon system sounded better
    7. GTO interior looked better, much more high tech.

Overall very nice sports car could have got it for 29,000 but since performance is close and the SS has t-tops think I will just stick with the camaro

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    I drove the 2006 GTO today....here are my opinions

1. GTO was faster 0-60 than my SS but didnt smoke the tires any better than my a4 that was a surprise since the GTO is a m6
    2. Top end from a 50 mph roll no way it beats my 01 ss
    3. My SS sounded much better @ full thottle
    4. GTO rode more smoother
    5. SS looks better
    6. SS monsoon system sounded better
    7. GTO interior looked better, much more high tech.

Overall very nice sports car could have got it for 29,000 but since performance is close and the SS has t-tops think I will just stick with the camaro

Thats a pretty good write up. Comparing my car to the GTO, it cant come on top with that price.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i took an ls2 M6 out for a test drive. scared the piss out of the guy in the car. hit 100 in 3rd going up a hill and upon exiting the freeway, droped the clutch @ 2500 and got sideways making the left onto a street; kept the smoke pouring until i was satisfied.

those cars kick so much fucking ass it's unreal

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I guess its my turn for a GTO write up.
    I would like to start by offering you a short video clip
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19524608533619

Ok now the GTO in the video belongs to my roommate. Has K&N CAI, SLP Longtubes and custom built exhaust. Total $$$ for mods- 1500$ (the longubes were bought when the car first came out, SLP is way overpriced but they had them when no1 else did) He now has 389rwhp WITHOUT a tune and the 05 GTO is EXTREMELY limited by its torque management because of the drive by wire so the tune will help him greatly. The car is WAY more comfortable and a much better daily driver car than my WS6. It is extremely fast throughout the whole powerband. I dont know what was up with the GTO that akira drove but it is much quieter and can feel the exhaust much less inside than on my WS6 and on the outside it is just as loud as my car only with a lower tone (you can also hear it in the vid) About to do a head/cam swap on it which is actually the reason im online, we needed to find some cam specs but the whole swap should only be around 1500-1800$ and will bump the car to right around 500rwhp with the tune and will still maintain great driveability. What I am getting at is for a total price of under 35,000$ he will have an 05 car with 15,000 miles on it and be sitting at around 500 tire smoking horsepower. Cant really go wrong there

I thought that the exhaust feeling I got through the seats, may had been just that car. I mean, Ive sooped the shit out of cars before and none of them made me feel nausiated by the feel of their exhaust.

Thats not a bad fact you got there (price to power), but I just dont like the look. Granted your in the car more than walking up to it, but I smile when I walk up to my current car. Hell, I smiled a shit load more when I walked up to my previous 94 stang.

I guess the first thing to do to help the look is to ditch the wheels.

Lakewood
    Get a M6 LS2 GTO in black, put some nice chrome rims on it and buy some bolt-ons and you will be very happy with it.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I thought that the exhaust feeling I got through the seats, may had been just that car. I mean, Ive sooped the shit out of cars before and none of them made me feel nausiated by the feel of their exhaust.

Thats not a bad fact you got there (price to power), but I just dont like the look. Granted your in the car more than walking up to it, but I smile when I walk up to my current car. Hell, I smiled a shit load more when I walked up to my previous 94 stang.

I guess the first thing to do to help the look is to ditch the wheels.
    I dunno, i personally love the look of it. Its kinda laid back but also has a little bit of a mean factor that just says dont fuck with me lol

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Just be happy you guys can test drive a goat.

Here in Canada you cannot buy a GTO.

Something about the rear gas tank placement not being safe enough for our rear crash standards.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You guys need to drive my 600 RWHP 3600 lb GTO and "report"

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Just be happy you guys can test drive a goat.

Here in Canada you cannot buy a GTO.

Something about the rear gas tank placement not being safe enough for our rear crash standards.
    No its because you guys left the Australians holding their peckers and out of ammo in Belgium in 1944. I think that pissed them off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information