Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i haven't had this much fun since...

i dunno...

i had my tonsils and my uvula out this morning...well...about noon. and i had me esophagus widened. no jokes please. doc said that a normal esophagus is 20mm and that his scope he was going to use to check out my upper g/i tract is 9mm. my esophagus was 7mm. i think that that adequately explains my history of choking on food.

so now i've been at home for a few hours watching blackadder and star trek III.

anyone else have their tonsils out or recently had outpatient surgery?

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Which parts the uvula?

I had my tonsils out due to recurring/chronic Strep throat when i was like 12-13. I would get strep, bad, for about 2 weeks, take meds, be off meds for a day, get it right back. Wouldn't go away. They were going to take my adenoids at the same time, but couldn't because of a LACK of adenoids. The cases of strep i'd had were so severe they were literally eaten away.

Tonsilectomy = mean bear-attack-like fuckin' pain that i dont wish on my enemies, but entirely necessary at the same time. Now if i get a sore throat its gone in like 3 days.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

the uvula is that drippy hangy thing in the back of your throat...when you watch cartoons and the little mouse ends up the cats mouth it's what he punches like a speed bag. doc said it serves no purpose best as they can determine and that it was also "large and ugly" as he described my tonsils.

doc said that with my tonsils out i should be able to swallow better and it should ease my snoring and improve my ability to get a good nites sleep for once.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Next time i need an insult I guess ill just tell her i'm gonna speed-bag her uvula with my cock.

I didn't ever notice anything different with having mine out, they were simply just causing me medical grief, not so much a hazard to my life like yours.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Next time i need an insult I guess ill just tell her i'm gonna speed-bag her uvula with my cock.

I didn't ever notice anything different with having mine out, they were simply just causing me medical grief, not so much a hazard to my life like yours.
    hahahaha...ohhh...ouch...damnit...bastard. that was funny though.

i used to get strep throat a lot when i was young but i haven't had a bad case of it now for several years...thank god.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I half-blame public education for the spread of disease, those places are so full of fuckin-yuck (if i may).

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

I half-blame public education for the spread of disease, those places are so full of fuckin-yuck (if i may).
    nah that's about the way it works. in basic training you are all but guaranteed to catch something from all the different guys from all over the country. me...i got a nasty chest cold and toenail fungus.

you can always tell when "the sickness" is goin round campus as well. you look around your class and see 1/2 the people are gone and 1/4 of those still in class are hacking up a lung. makes me glad i don't live on campus or in the dorms.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    the uvula is that drippy hangy thing in the back of your throat...when you watch cartoons and the little mouse ends up the cats mouth it's what he punches like a speed bag. doc said it serves no purpose best as they can determine and that it was also "large and ugly" as he described my tonsils.

doc said that with my tonsils out i should be able to swallow better and it should ease my snoring and improve my ability to get a good nites sleep for once.
    Insert joke here:________________________________

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

so getting your tonsils out helps with snoring?? I might need to look into that!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Damn does that mean you won't have a gag reflex without the uvula? I got my wisdom teeth yanked out recently, don't know if it compares but I did get some vicadin

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Aaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticZ06 View Post
    so getting your tonsils out helps with snoring?? I might need to look into that!

meh, I dont think that proven. I dont think there is truly any proven benefits to haveing them removed other than to reduce infection/strep. Depends on the doctor you ask though...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

my tonsils were as i've had three doctors put it "ugly and quite large." they weren't inflamed or anything like that...just very very large. so they blocked a good portion of my throat. according to the one doc having them taken out could help me breath better leading to better sleep and reduced snoring.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

EW! why would u do something that like!?!?!?! unless....EW!

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Incomplete post of the year right there. Stevie, what the hell were you trying to say!?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I had mine removed when I was young. I had the same thing as Zapper. Repeated strep after strep... Fucking sucked. They removed them bitch's and I was eating Frosty's the next day with a button to push for some bitch to serve me. Felt like I was king.

Did you wake up naked after getting your tonsils out? I did, and I was fucking pissed off. I woke up in a weird room, with about 6-8 doctors around me. I sat straight up and started cussing out every damn nurse and doctor within screaming distance. Worse part about it was my mom works at this hospital ( U of M) and I had to have been 13 or so. Swearing every word in the book at these people who just operated on me. My mother can laugh about it now at least.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

No, but i did come and go from consciousness from the Anesthesia. Never again unless I have to. That is the worst fucking feeling in the known world. It felt like I was dying, entirely powerless and being tortured. They give the shot of shit to knock me out, i felt it, smelled it, tasted it. Every last bit of the anesthesia can go to hell. Then I could feel them blocking my mouth open and putting the tubes down my throat, felt like i couldnt breathe, fought it and didnt do a damn thing except piss off whatever part of my brain was still awake.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I had the stuff your breathe

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i had the stuff you breath as well. didn't wake up naked or have any in and out of consciousness occur.

at any rate i recall when they were doing the esophagus stretch that they gave me a mild sort of anesthesia but when they were putting the scope down my esophagus i seem to recall them holding me down as i struggled about feeling as though i was choking. and the next thing i remember was being strapped down for the tonsillectomy.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

My daughter had hers out this year, she is 20. It took her over a week before she could eat or drink much.

I know someone else who had issues choking on food and went through same thing you did . It seemd to help..

Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information