Thread: I hate scammers

rapter34

Thumbs down I hate scammers

SO I was over at tech and someone found this "real" WS6 on autotrader. it says its a 2002 WS6 and the vin checks out, but wait! it has no WS6 hood, V6, speedometer, no Ws6 rims, cloth seats, a LS1 from a 98-00,a v6 air lid, and when the vin is checked it says it has black leather. I e-mail this guy asking about why these things where wrong. He replies back to me "just enjoy the pictures and mind your own Business." I hate scammers.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=249619620

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

did you report it??

rapter34
    I told him I was going to IF he did not change it so we will see.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    I told him I was going to IF he did not change it so we will see.
    fuck um, i emailed auto trader. i hate assholes trying to scam.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    fuck um, i emailed auto trader. i hate assholes trying to scam.
    Bump... I emailed him asking about it. Hopefully, it gets removed and autotrader doesn't let them list any more cars.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

He told me he's going by the VIN & door tag

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

what really pisses me off... i lost this e-mail froma nigerian prince that needs only $15,000.00 to get his money.. he said he'd give me a million... ooo!!! maybe it's this guy!!!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    what really pisses me off... i lost this e-mail froma nigerian prince that needs only $15,000.00 to get his money.. he said he'd give me a million... ooo!!! maybe it's this guy!!!
    I hate that shit too. Get it all the time. Fucktards.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

I am the seller

I finaly found where I was getting all the griping from. I am a licensed dealer and this is not a scam. The Vin on the door that has all of the RPO codes including the WS-6 option matches the metal VIN in the window. There is an abvious story to this car and it is not me trying to scam anyone. If you are truely interested in this vehicle you should call and get the entire story, not just email me telling me I am trying to screw someone. The car was wrecked long ago and put back together. I have no idea as to what the whole story is as I bought the car at an auction. We are not in business to scam anyone and we would not have been in business for the past 20+ years if we were scammers. You folks should all know that the car has to have a storry since I am asking roughly half what it would be worth if it was perfect.... That should be blattenly obvious. I am a used car salesman and not an expert on what T/A's or Camaros are supposed to have. If I knew every option that was supposed to be on every vehicle I sold, you folks would be praying to me because I would be "THE CAR GOD". If you visit our website
    www.4seasonsautos.com you would see we have two other T/A's for sale. You would also see that most everything has a free carfax listed for you to draw your own conclusions. Carfax will not let me post thier carfax on autotrader because this car does not qualify for the buyback gaurantee. Here is a copy of this vehicle's carfax:

Vehicle History
    Report™
    Vehicle
    Highlights™ Warranty
    Check™
    Safety & Reliability
    Ratings™
    Buyback Guarantee™
    Certificate Consumer Ratings
    & Comments™
    Print This Page • Print All Pages Loading...

The Vehicle Highlights are not available for this vehicle because of potential problems found.
    See the full CARFAX Vehicle History Report for more information.
    Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title
    A Rebuilt/Reconstructed vehicle is a salvage vehicle that has been repaired and restored to operation. These vehicles are often severely damaged before they are rebuilt and refurbished parts are typically used during reconstruction. In most states, an inspection of the vehicle is required before the vehicle is allowed to return to the road. Manufacturer Buyback or Lemon
    A DMV or a state agency marks an official document or issues a Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon title when a vehicle has been repurchased by the manufacturer. Not all states issue manufacturer buyback titles and the specific requirements for a lemon law vehicle varies by state. Odometer Rollback
    If a more recent odometer reading is less than an older reading, then the odometer may have been tampered with and "rolled back". Manufacturer Recall
    Automobile manufacturers issue recall notices to inform owners of car defects that have come to the manufacturer's attention. Recalls also suggest improvements that can be made to improve the safety of a particular vehicle. Most manufacturer recalls can be repaired at no cost to you. Basic Warranty
    Most manufacturers offer a basic warranty for new vehicles. These warranties vary by manufacturer and typically last for a certain amount of time and/or a set number of miles. Not Actual Mileage Title
    When the seller certifies, under the Federal Odometer Act, that the odometer reading does not reflect the vehicle's actual mileage. This may occur because the odometer was tampered with, broken, or replaced. Junk Title
    A Junk Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value. This damage threshold may vary by state. The majority of states use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage. Loss Due To Fire Title
    The vehicle sustained major damage due to fire. In most states, fire damage titles are issued when the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value. Exceeds Mechanical Limits
    A vehicle with a 5-digit odometer cannot accurately track mileage after 99,999 miles because the odometer rolls over. This title is the result of a seller certifying under the Federal Odometer Act, that the odometer reading EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS of the odometer. Structural / Frame Damage
    In most cases, a vehicle is inspected for structural or frame damage, depending on the body design, after an accident or other incident. All levels of accidents from minor to severe can cause structural / frame damage and in most cases it can be repaired. Airbag Deployment
    Occurs when the driver, passenger or side airbag has been used or deployed during a crash or other incident. If an airbag has been deployed, it must be replaced by a qualified technician. Have this car inspected by a mechanic prior to purchase. Salvage Title
    A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value. This damage threshold may vary by state. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state. The following eleven States also use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR. Total Loss
    An insurance or fleet company declares a vehicle a total loss when a claim exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value or if the vehicle is stolen and not recovered. This damage threshold varies by company. These companies typically take possession and obtain the title. Not all total loss vehicles result in a DMV-reported branded title, like a Salvage or Junk title. See the glossary for more information. Accident Indicator
    Various events could indicate an accident in a vehicle's history, such as: salvage auction, fire damage, police-reported accident, crash test vehicle, damage disclosure, collision repair facility and automotive recycler records. See the glossary for more information. Hail Damage Title
    The vehicle sustained major damage due to hail. In most states, hail damage titles are issued when the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value. Flood Damage Title
    States issue flood titles when a vehicle has been in a flood or has received extensive water damage. Standard Equipment
    Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM CD, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer Safety Options
    4 wheel ABS, Running Lights, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

had to break up the post, here is some more....

This CARFAX Report provided by:
    Four Seasons Auto Sales
    500 Volunteer Hwy
    Bristol, TN 37620
    423-652-1057

2002 PONTIAC FIREBIRD FORMULA/TRANS AM
    2G2FV22G622103916
    HATCHBACK 2 DR
    5.7L V8 PFI OHV / REAR WHEEL DRIVE
    Standard Equipment | Safety Options

Hi-I'm the CARFAX Xpert™. I'm here to help you better understand the data in this CARFAX Report. Did you know...
    We checked over 5 billion records from thousands of data sources for this vehicle
    This vehicle DOES NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
    The last reported odometer reading was 49,853

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

The number of owners is estimated by CARFAX Owners 1-6 Owner 7 Owner 8
    Year purchased 2001 2007 2007
    Type of owner Personal --- ---
    Estimated length of ownership 5 yrs. 10 mo. 3 months 6 months
    Owned in the following states/provinces North Carolina, Virginia Virginia Virginia
    Estimated miles driven per year --- --- ---
    Last reported odometer reading 36,831 45,289 49,853

CARFAX guarantees the information in this section Owners 1-6 Owner 7 Owner 8
    Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt
    Alert!
    Problem Found Alert!
    Problem Found Alert!
    Problem Found
    Fire/Flood | Hail Damage | Buyback/Lemon No Problem No Problem No Problem
    Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Alert!
    Problem Found Alert!
    Problem Found Alert!
    Problem Found
    Alert! Severe problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle does not qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

Not all accidents or other issues are reported to CARFAX Owners 1-6 Owner 7 Owner 8
    Total Loss Check
    No total loss reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
    No Issues Reported
    No Issues Reported

Structural / Frame Damage Check
    No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
    No Issues Reported
    No Issues Reported

Airbag Deployment Check
    No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported
    No Issues Reported
    No Issues Reported

Odometer Rollback Check
    See State DMV-reported Title Problems above. Alert!
    Problem Found
    Alert!
    Problem Found
    Alert!
    Problem Found

Accident Check
    See State DMV-reported Title Problems above. Vehicle sold at a salvage auction on 08/20/2003. Alert!
    Problem Found
    Alert!
    Problem Found
    Alert!
    Problem Found

Manufacturer Recall Check
    Check with an authorized Pontiac dealer for any open recalls. No Recalls Reported
    No Recalls Reported
    No Recalls Reported

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 5 billion vehicle history events and found 16 record(s) for this 2002 PONTIAC FIREBIRD FORMULA/TRANS AM (2G2FV22G622103916).

Owner 1
    Purchased: 2001
    Type: Personal
    Where: North Carolina
    Est. miles/year: ---
    Est. length owned: 8/27/01 - 8/7/03
    (1 yr. 11 mo.)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
    08/27/2001 North Carolina
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Havelock, NC First owner reported
    Registered as
    personal vehicle

Owner 2
    Purchased: 2003
    Where: North Carolina
    Est. length owned: 8/7/03 - 8/20/03
    (13 days)

08/07/2003 36,831 North Carolina
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Clayton, NC
    Title #406564032198904 New owner reported
    SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

08/20/2003 Salvage Auto Auction
    Clayton, NC SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
    Sold at salvage auction
    Collision damage reported

Owner 3
    Purchased: 2003
    Where: Virginia
    Est. length owned: 9/8/03 - 3/9/05
    (1 yr. 6 mo.)

09/08/2003 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Thaxton, VA Title or registration issued
    New owner reported

Owner 4
    Purchased: 2005
    Est. length owned: 3/9/05 - 4/7/06
    (1 year)

03/09/2005 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Raphine, VA Title or registration issued
    New owner reported

Owner 5
    Purchased: 2006
    Est. length owned: 4/7/06 - 4/26/06
    (19 days)

04/07/2006 36,831 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Alpharetta, GA New owner reported
    NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED
    CARFAX Advisor™
    A NAM title is issued when the owner discloses to a DMV mileage fraud, a broken odometer or that the actual mileage of this vehicle is unknown.

Mileage reported after this reading is potentially unreliable.

04/26/2006 Auto Auction Sold at auction
    in Eastern Region
    Listed as
    a salvage vehicle

04/26/2006 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Cedar Bluff, VA Vehicle purchase reported

05/16/2006 36,831 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Cedar Bluff, VA Dealer took title of this vehicle
    while it was in inventory
    REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
    Loan or lien reported

02/15/2007 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Doran, VA Vehicle purchase reported

Owner 6
    Purchased: 2007
    Est. length owned: 4/6/07 - 7/13/07
    (3 months)

04/06/2007 36,831 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Doran, VA New owner reported
    REBUILT TITLE ISSUED

Owner 7
    Est. length owned: 7/13/07 - 10/15/07
    (3 months)

07/13/2007 45,289 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Cedar Bluff, VA Vehicle purchase reported
    New owner reported
    Dealer took title of this vehicle
    while it was in inventory
    REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
    Loan or lien reported

10/15/2007 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Raven, VA Vehicle purchase reported

Owner 8
    Est. length owned: 11/9/07 - 5/16/08
    (6 months)

11/09/2007 45,289 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Raven, VA New owner reported
    REBUILT TITLE ISSUED

05/16/2008 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Grundy, VA Vehicle purchase reported

06/16/2008 49,853 Virginia
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Grundy, VA NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED
    REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
    Vehicle repossessed

last of my response

Have Questions? Consumers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfax.com. Dealers or Subscribers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfaxonline.com.

Accident Indicator
    CARFAX receives information about accidents in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. Various events in a vehicle's history can indicate an accident, such as: salvage auction, fire damage, police-reported accident, crash test vehicle, damage disclosure, collision repair facility and automotive recycler records. Not every accident is reported and not all reported accidents are provided to CARFAX. Details about the accident (e.g. severity, impact location, airbag deployment) vary depending on the source of the accident indicator. CARFAX recommends you obtain a vehicle inspection from your dealer or an independent mechanic.
    According to the National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2007 edition, 7% of the 245 million registered vehicles in the U.S. were involved in an accident in 2005. Over 75% of these were considered minor or moderate.
    CARFAX depends on many sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 12.Aug.2008 15:29:25. New data will result in a change to this report.

Federal Odometer Act
    The Federal Odometer Act requires a seller to disclose the vehicle's mileage on the title when ownership is transferred. Congress enacted this Act to prohibit odometer tampering and to protect consumers from mileage fraud. Under this act, sellers must disclose any issues with the vehicle's odometer. These disclosures translate into the Exceed Mechanical Limits and Not Actual Mileage titles.

First Owner
    When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.

New Owner Reported
    When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

Not Actual Mileage Title
    When the seller certifies, under the Federal Odometer Act, that the odometer reading does not reflect the vehicle's actual mileage. This may occur because the odometer was tampered with, broken, or replaced.

Ownership History
    CARFAX defines an owner as an individual or business that possesses and uses a vehicle. Not all title transactions represent changes in ownership. To provide estimated number of owners, CARFAX proprietary technology analyzes all the events in a vehicle history. Estimated ownership is available for vehicles manufactured after 1994 and titled solely in the US including Puerto Rico. Dealers sometimes opt to take ownership of a vehicle and are required to in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Dakota. Please consider this as you review a vehicle's estimated ownership history.

Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title
    A Rebuilt/Reconstructed vehicle is a salvage vehicle that has been repaired and restored to operation. These vehicles are often severely damaged before they are rebuilt and refurbished parts are typically used during reconstruction. In most states, an inspection of the vehicle is required before the vehicle is allowed to return to the road.

Repossession
    When a repossession occurs a vehicle owner fails to make loan payments, and the financial institution holding the title takes possession of the vehicle.

Salvage Auction Record
    Most vehicles sold at Salvage auctions were declared totaled by insurance companies. Most of these vehicles have sustained significant damage but there are some exceptions. For instance, recovered stolen vehicles are often declared a total loss regardless of the actual damage. Rebuilders and Recyclers purchase these vehicles at auction with intentions to rebuild them or dismantle them for parts.

Salvage Title
    A Salvage Title is issued on a vehicle damaged to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds ~ 75% of its pre-damage value. This damage threshold may vary by state. Some states treat Junk titles the same as Salvage but the majority use this title to indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in that state. The following eleven states also use Salvage titles to identify stolen vehicles - AZ, FL, GA, IL, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, OK and OR.

Title Issued
    A state issues a title to provide a vehicle owner with proof of ownership. Each title has a unique number. Each title or registration record on a CARFAX report does not necessarily indicate a change in ownership. In Canada, a registration and bill of sale are used as proof of ownership.

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS

This is the reason the car is so cheap. We are always more than happy to provide a carfax and any information we know about the vehicles. Last but not least if someone will host, I will email them a picture of the VIN on the car as well in the door. Therefore, whatever the car has been through other than this is your guess as well as mine, my crystal ball was dropped during shipping last week and thus this is all I know about the car. So please stop sending me rude ass emails about me being a scammer and otherwise. I have nothing to hide what-so-ever..... Thanks, Drew

This was supposed to be above the carfax

I finaly found where I was getting all the griping from. I am a licensed dealer and this is not a scam. The Vin on the door that has all of the RPO codes including the WS-6 option matches the metal VIN in the window. There is an abvious story to this car and it is not me trying to scam anyone. If you are truely interested in this vehicle you should call and get the entire story, not just email me telling me I am trying to screw someone. The car was wrecked long ago and put back together. I have no idea as to what the whole story is as I bought the car at an auction. We are not in business to scam anyone and we would not have been in business for the past 20+ years if we were scammers. You folks should all know that the car has to have a storry since I am asking roughly half what it would be worth if it was perfect.... That should be blattenly obvious. I am a used car salesman and not an expert on what T/A's or Camaros are supposed to have. If I knew every option that was supposed to be on every vehicle I sold, you folks would be praying to me because I would be "THE CAR GOD". If you visit our website
    www.4seasonsautos.com you would see we have two other T/A's for sale. You would also see that most everything has a free carfax listed for you to draw your own conclusions. Carfax will not let me post thier carfax on autotrader because this car does not qualify for the buyback gaurantee. Here is a copy of this vehicle's carfax:

I seem to be having problems on this forum. Here is what I was trying to say.... http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...=1#post9912591 Thanks to everyone that jumped to conclusions and if you still don't believe me and someone is willing to host, I will email pictures of the vin tag and the RPO code tag. Drew

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Welcome to LS1

Thread Information