I feel like i have no say and it's ticks me off!!

My girlfriend is a month pregnant. She has decided not to keep it when I tell her I don’t believe in abortion she says I don’t care about her or her kids and that I’m being selfish. She lives paycheck to paycheck and takes care of two kids on her own. I have offered to help her through it but still no luck. Everything I try to do to keep the baby is wrong to her. We can’t even talk to each other now really. What the hell am I going to do?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by nite2viper View Post
    My girlfriend is a month pregnant. She has decided not to keep it when I tell her I don’t believe in abortion she says I don’t care about her or her kids and that I’m being selfish. She lives paycheck to paycheck and takes care of two kids on her own. I have offered to help her through it but still no luck. Everything I try to do to keep the baby is wrong to her. We can’t even talk to each other now really. What the hell am I going to do?
    Let her have her way on this one or find a girlfriend that will have your baby. I can understand given her situation why she wouldnt want another kid. What if she breaks up with you? then shes stuck with 3 mouths to feed.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Let her have her way on this one or find a girlfriend that will have your baby. I can understand given her situation why she wouldnt want another kid. What if she breaks up with you? then shes stuck with 3 mouths to feed.
    +1...touchy situation

Black
    2005 GTO

I say tell her you will keep the baby no matter what happens. Weather ya'll stay togheter or not. I really don't see why she would have a problem with that. Maybe even look into some legal documents stating that you will take the baby if you split to give her some insurance that she won't get stuck having another kid to take care of. At least your willing to step up to the plate unlike some guys.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I say tell her you will keep the baby no matter what happens. Weather ya'll stay togheter or not. I really don't see why she would have a problem with that. Maybe even look into some legal documents stating that you will take the baby if you split to give her some insurance that she won't get stuck having another kid to take care of. At least your willing to step up to the plate unlike some guys.
    I agree. Just hope it looks like you when it comes out.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Sadly it's her decision and not yours

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Exactly. It is her decision and if she doesn't want an extra mouth to feed then that is probably the way she will go with it. There was a similar situation in my town a while back and the girl started taking meth and drinking and had a miscarriage because the guy wouldn't let her end it by abortion. Be careful and let this be a lesson learned.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

You guys can do whatever the hell you want, but I'd say don't keep it.

And if you're already living paycheck to paycheck.... she should've done that first and second time around too.

she lives paycheck to paycheck I don't. her kids that she has is from a marriage where her husband used to beat her.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Bro just sounds like drama no matter what way you cut it. If it was me I'd let it go. If its a kid you really want, that girl would not be the girl to have it with. I dont mean to be mean. I dont know your situation or how you feel about each other. Just the outside looking in, I think its a huge mistake having a baby with her. Later on down the line you'll be paying for it. In more ways then one.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

sounds to me like someone needs to learn how to put on a damn condom

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

How about you make GD sure that you never make a baby by accident in the future!!
    Take the initiative.....don't make your irresponsibility someone elses liability!!

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Doesn't sound like she was to worried about getting pregnant. Sounds like the OP wants to step up to the plate and I give him respect for that. IMO she should have take the precautions if she didn't want to have another kid.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Doesn't sound like she was to worried about getting pregnant. Sounds like the OP wants to step up to the plate and I give him respect for that. IMO she should have take the precautions if she didn't want to have another kid.
    They BOTH need to take the necessary precautions!!!

Leaving it up to someone else to take care of what YOUR dick does isn't being responsible!!
    You have to make sure YOU control the situation & not leave it up to someone else to mop up the mess YOU created!!
    Yes, it takes two....but SOMEONE has to have brains enough to take the initiative.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Sounds to me like he was ok with having a kid, but she wasn't. They should have talked about it before free firing though.

Thats the problem is men have no choice right now selfish as it is for her to make the hoice for the both of you. One day that might change. Until then you are screwed. Sorry for your luck you might want to think about the women you date in the future.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Wow, I guess it's never really hit me until just now reading this thread and the fact that I have kids now. I used to think it's the womans choice and I still feel that way but my views on it have changed a little. That's a human life and just throwing it away is a harsh ass decision. I'm not one of those rights people. I figure most people are gonna do what they're gonna do so I stay out of it. Just kinda sunk in that you guys are throwing a human life away like it's nothing.
    Personally, I would do whatever it took to try to convince her to keep it. There's a shit ton of people out there that can't have kids and would love to adopt yours as a worst case scenario. The best case scenario is she keeps it and you get to raise your child. I applaud you for willing to take on the responsibility and hope you get her talked into keeping it.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

I can understand that you want her to keep it and that you will help out.
    But what is "Help Out" to you? Are you going to help pay the rent? Food? Insurance? Doctor?

If she lives pay check to pay check, she is already struggling pretty damn good, and now, she has to be pregnant, be sick, be tired, make doctor visits, and still pay all the bills plus more. She will be missing days of work for this child and then maybe no work and no pay.

Help out - What about moving in and paying her rent? Marriage?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

There thousands of a kids in adoption agencies already that CANT get adopted. Not to mention the process is so lengthy in the US, thats why everyone is adopting foreign babies. Jus food for though. Inevitably I had a feeling this would go into a pro life pro choice discussion. I vote pro choice every time. Unless someone is gonna pay for and raise the baby nobody has the right to say what someone should and shouldnt really do. His case is unique and he really cant do much about it because its her body. For his own grief it was my advice to not go through with having a baby with her because she sounds like a lousy mom. my 2 cents

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    I can understand that you want her to keep it and that you will help out.
    But what is "Help Out" to you? Are you going to help pay the rent? Food? Insurance? Doctor?

If she lives pay check to pay check, she is already struggling pretty damn good, and now, she has to be pregnant, be sick, be tired, make doctor visits, and still pay all the bills plus more. She will be missing days of work for this child and then maybe no work and no pay.

Help out - What about moving in and paying her rent? Marriage?
    Great points.

Thread Information