Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

I caught the first mouse second one is tricky

This is a discussion on I caught the first mouse second one is tricky within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; one Guy on y-tube says to add dawn soap to make water and sides of bucket extra slippery...

silver
    99 ws6

one Guy on y-tube says to add dawn soap to make water and sides of bucket extra slippery
    cam-LTs-FAST78-Susp.-Rims

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

We caught 16 in my dad's outbuilding and just used water. I would tend to think the smell of Dawn would detour them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It's on jackstands.

silver
    99 ws6

ok I'll hold off on dawn/water

the roller I used was a plastic wood glue bottle maybe mouse is getting jumping traction? mite switch to metal can more slippery.

edit this storage shed is part of the house not a separate building in backyard.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Does it spin really easily? If not, they could be crawling across it without falling it. Ours is a wood cylinder with "fans" coming off of it which is where the bait it put (peanut butter spread on). When the mouse goes out onto the fin to get the bait the device spins making it fall in the bucket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

My baits of choice: Peanut butter for mice, almonds for red squirrels and high velocity lead for anything larger.

silver
    99 ws6

yes the glue bottle spins very easily this mouse is trickie

now I have two roacks in bucket.
    yes Jeff I'm using peanut butter not the creamie Jiff in the jar but the whole foods PB made from there instore machice it's kindof thick uncreamie and doesn't realley stick that good.

can't even upload a 14KB image says I exceed size whats wronge I've only got a few images stored here?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I built a couple of these a few days ago. Evidently my poison did a pretty good job.....not a single mouse in either bucket so far. It's still warm out though....the real influx is when it turns cold and starts forcing them to look for cover. That's when they get in my shed and garage. Hopefully I can stay in front of them this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

This thread is starting to make me appreciate the cats that free roam in the neighborhood. They keep the mouse population down it seems cause I've only ever seen one over the last 10 yrs. Now frogs are a different matter. Those bastards are all over the damn place. The cats go after them as well but with this year raining almost every damn day they've boomed in population. What's funny is my wife hates them, and by hate I mean phobia hate. I kinda understand it because where she's from frogs can kill you. No matter how many times I tell her that's not an issue here for her it doesn't matter. There are times my son pushes her buttons on it by playing jokes on her with them. Somewhere he got a plastic one that was realistic enough that he placed it in the garden knowing she was going to be weeding that area. He comes up to me and says hey watch this. So we are both standing there and she moves the plant that was hiding it and then sees this big ass frog toy. She damn near jumps out of her skin. For some reason she didn't laugh as much as we were .....and proceeds to start throwing shit at both of us.

Now if only the little shits (the cats) will quit walking on my cars I would like them a little more....I have no idea why they enjoy walking across the bird.

silver
    99 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    This thread is starting to make me appreciate the cats that free roam in the neighborhood. They keep the mouse population down it seems cause I've only ever seen one over the last 10 yrs. Now frogs are a different matter. Those bastards are all over the damn place. The cats go after them as well but with this year raining almost every damn day they've boomed in population. What's funny is my wife hates them, and by hate I mean phobia hate. I kinda understand it because where she's from frogs can kill you. No matter how many times I tell her that's not an issue here for her it doesn't matter. There are times my son pushes her buttons on it by playing jokes on her with them. Somewhere he got a plastic one that was realistic enough that he placed it in the garden knowing she was going to be weeding that area. He comes up to me and says hey watch this. So we are both standing there and she moves the plant that was hiding it and then sees this big ass frog toy. She damn near jumps out of her skin. For some reason she didn't laugh as much as we were .....and proceeds to start throwing shit at both of us.

Now if only the little shits (the cats) will quit walking on my cars I would like them a little more....I have no idea why they enjoy walking across the bird.
    yeah we have are share of wild or roaming outside cats I have had my full of that darn cat shapening it's claws on my car cover and shredding it.usalley allways the rear driver side where he shreds cover.

I keep my car covered at all times mainly because of the neibors trees shearching over are property major sap and bird poop poop will ruin the paint.

he also likes to piss on my car usalley it's always on the driver side rear bumper I can easiley see him marking his terriory dripping from my bumper it leaves a dripp mark.

better suck up to the wife about fake frogs are you in the dog house?

off topic I've been boat cruising down there a few times to Orange Bch/ ft/morgan kindof dissapointed in how shallow the water is down there in its GOM kindof liked cruising around in the inshore bay around the Dauphin island and fishing off the naturaul gas rigs,

need to give this area more cruising/exploring time however I prefer to cruise Destin /ft.Walton in it's cleaner deeper waters.

the cats like to laydown on a nice clean warm car/
    later Scot

I think this mouse has decided to move in pernamentely because he has a free meal. I got news for him his days are #ed
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 08-17-2017 at 05:17 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Roaming cats around here get shot. Not by me....the neighbors up and down the road shoot them. I was feeding one outside last year trying to keep it around. It was wild and wouldn't let you near it but I figure any cat around would be good. One of the neighbors shot it a month or two later for tearing up his trash. I was hoping if I fed it then it would stop doing that but hard learner I guess.

blue
    1999 TransAm

i've found the "rat zapper" to be an effective product, ...electrocutes them (mice or rats), ...no mess, reuseable, many many strikes off of just four AA batteries...

silver
    99 ws6

I'm starting to think the dead mouse /rat that was lieing on patio was the second mouse

all I'm catching w/ the bucket trap is roachs (which is allways a good thing)

think I rebait all traps and see what happens.

the zapper looks interesting wonder if we hear a zap when the mouse gets it?

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by qwik219d9 View Post
    the zapper looks interesting wonder if we hear a zap when the mouse gets it?

Thanks!

Can't say for sure what, if any, notification I can give you if you catch a mouse.

silver
    99 ws6

yesterday I heard a small none insect making a squeaking sound so the mouse is there.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I've had two traps out in the back yard. I've since found one dead mouse in the pool, and apparently the rat(s) are not interested in peanut butter. It hasn't been touched. But, I've not found any rat droppings back there since I put the traps out either, so...

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I've had two traps out in the back yard. I've since found one dead mouse in the pool, and apparently the rat(s) are not interested in peanut butter. It hasn't been touched. But, I've not found any rat droppings back there since I put the traps out either, so...
    Maybe something was waiting around the bait for the rats and ate them?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Could be. All I know is that there isn't anymore droppings back there. I'm good with that.

But... I did find that I had a mouse in the house. He was apparently enjoying my birds sunflower seeds. I normally keep all his seeds in hard plastic containers, but had put the bag of sunflower seeds that I mix with his other seeds in the cupboard about a week prior

I set a trap and had him within a few hours though. Kept a few more traps out for a few days and nothing. I used some of that Great Stuff insulating foam on the area he must have come in, I first sprayed some rodent repellent inside the hole, and I'm hoping that will be the end of that.

Of the 17 years I've lived out here in the canyons, I've never had a mouse problem in the house before. I suppose it was time.

red
    69 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I used some of that Great Stuff insulating foam on the area he must have come in, I first sprayed some rodent repellent inside the hole, and I'm hoping that will be the end of that.
    For future reference, they make "Pest Deterrent" spray foam. It's suppose to taste "really bad". I'll take their word for it. I'm not going to try any. :-)

Home Depot carries it. It can also be ordered from Amazon.

http://greatstuff.dow.com/product/pestblock.htm

GREAT STUFF 16 oz. Pestblock Insulating Foam Sealant with Quick Stop Straw-99053993 - The Home Depot
    16 oz. Pestblock Insulating Foam Sealant with Quick Stop Straw
    $7.25 / each

https://www.amazon.com/GREAT-STUFF-P.../dp/B007TUF0FY
    GREAT STUFF Pestblock 12 oz Insulating Foam Sealant
    Price: $5.17 Free shipping for Prime members when buying this Add-on (NE-Firebird comment: typically $25) Item.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That is the exact stuff I got

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information