Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I am getting out of control....

So I was out with my parents today giving them advice as they were looking to upgrade their tube television to a LCD. They saw some good deals at Best Buy so I met them there and we all started to look at tv's....

And guess what, I buy a new TV!!!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Got a Samsung 55" LED for what I thought was a pretty good deal considering what these are going for these days being so new and all.

I get it delivered next Saturday (fawker wouldn't fit in the back of my dad's explorer), just in time to watch some football games all day Sunday!! Don't want to wait, but it works out best as I am getting some new leather furniture and need to rearrange my current living space and get my old 53" widescreen projection tv out of here and into the space bedroom for now.

Anyone else have a LED and if so, how do you like it? Any issues? I am always skeptical on new shit when it comes out. I know they have been out a little while now so hopefully nothing to worry about.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Damn! Merry Christmas to you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Jeff, my spending habits have started to get a little out of control lately lol, but that TV was fawking sweeeeet.

They had interest free for 3 years.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Seems like you can never make enough -- I really don't know where it all goes, lots of little shit here and there I guess. My only big purchases (over $1,000) this year were the 12 bolt Moser and an air compressor.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

I was about to ask you on facebook if it was max out your credit card day today

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    I was about to ask you on facebook if it was max out your credit card day today
    Haha. Yeah I know right. I didn't get the furniture yet, but that will be on a different store CC for another 1 year free financing

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Seems like you can never make enough -- I really don't know where it all goes, lots of little shit here and there I guess. My only big purchases (over $1,000) this year were the 12 bolt Moser and an air compressor.
    That's a damn good purchase though. You should be VERY happy with it. I hope I get my Moser issue handled come spring time.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    That's a damn good purchase though. You should be VERY happy with it. I hope I get my Moser issue handled come spring time.
    Still leaking?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Still leaking?
    Yes, unfortunately. She is parked for the winter now. The shop where I had it installed told me they would replace the whole axle come spring time, along with the seal. I am keeping my fingers crossed it is the axle being bent, and NOT the actual axle housing that is machined incorrectly.....that would need a whole new rear end!!!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Yes, unfortunately. She is parked for the winter now. The shop where I had it installed told me they would replace the whole axle come spring time, along with the seal. I am keeping my fingers crossed it is the axle being bent, and NOT the actual axle housing that is machined incorrectly.....that would need a whole new rear end!!!
    Are the 9" housings new or are they reman'd? I actually have no idea on the 12 bolt either. Guess I should have asked.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Are the 9" housings new or are they reman'd? I actually have no idea on the 12 bolt either. Guess I should have asked.
    I was pretty sure that they were new. I never asked either. Hell, for the price they cost they should be new! Oddly enough, when I changed the axle seal myself, there were (4) score marks on the ID of the sealing surface. Almost looked like (for lack of a better explanation) how a scab would feel on the surface of your skin.

When I saw that I thought for sure that was the problem of why the seal wasn't seating properly. I sanded it own smooth and I also used RTV all around the OD of the seal and even once I pressed the seal in I used RTV on the outside of the seal where it seats against the housing. Fawker still leaks.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Is there any particular reason for choosing the 9" over a 12 bolt or dana 60 and vice versa? Different weights and power levels? My dad's car has the Moser 12 bolt and the fucker leaks pretty good... Probably because the cover is chrome. I might be weird but I love the whine from the 4.11's

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Is there any particular reason for choosing the 9" over a 12 bolt or dana 60 and vice versa? Different weights and power levels? My dad's car has the Moser 12 bolt and the fucker leaks pretty good... Probably because the cover is chrome. I might be weird but I love the whine from the 4.11's
    The 9" is the strongest available. Rule of thumb is 9" for M6 and 12 bolt for A4 if you plan on putting up big numbers.

When my car is done I hope to make around 520whp so I didn't want to chance it with the 12 bolt. I have read about 12 bolts breaking, but have not yet seen a 9" take a dump unless the car was in single digits going down the track.

As far as my leak, it is leaking from the axle seal on the passenger side. It doesn't leak from the center section. The chrome would only be a plating and I wouldn't think that it would hinder the integrity of the diferential housing plate.

I can barely hear my gears on the Moser and I have 4.11s. If they whine really loud, they probably either a) have a lot of hard launches on them or b) were not properly set-up. Aftermarket gears are prone to be a little louder than stock though.

2011 Prius

I need...

Your address
    Pic of TV
    Blue Prints of your house
    With TV and all stuff of decent value marked
    Also for your insuarce to be upgraded
    Need a few hours alone

murdered out 06 z06

get a c6z and your adventurous spending will stop... i know mine did

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    get a c6z and your adventurous spending will stop... i know mine did
    Buy a used Masereti, it's cheaper!

murdered out 06 z06

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Buy a used Masereti, it's cheaper!
    maybe but id rather have my z. on the other hand i really want a big ass tv but thats not gonna happen for another decade

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    maybe but id rather have my z. on the other hand i really want a big ass tv but thats not gonna happen for another decade
    Honestly, I would never buy a new Vette, I think they cost to much... Maybe it's because I can't pay one off in two years...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

The 9" is the strongest available. Rule of thumb is 9" for M6 and 12 bolt for A4 if you plan on putting up big numbers.

When my car is done I hope to make around 520whp so I didn't want to chance it with the 12 bolt. I have read about 12 bolts breaking, but have not yet seen a 9" take a dump unless the car was in single digits going down the track.

As far as my leak, it is leaking from the axle seal on the passenger side. It doesn't leak from the center section. The chrome would only be a plating and I wouldn't think that it would hinder the integrity of the diferential housing plate.

I can barely hear my gears on the Moser and I have 4.11s. If they whine really loud, they probably either a) have a lot of hard launches on them or b) were not properly set-up. Aftermarket gears are prone to be a little louder than stock though.
    It's not a loud whine but you're pretty close to the axle... Not many other modern cars like that. I meant that chrome plating isn't good for making a good seal

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I need...

Your address
    Pic of TV
    Blue Prints of your house
    With TV and all stuff of decent value marked
    Also for your insuarce to be upgraded
    Need a few hours alone
    Prolly would only take about 15-20 minutes to get in, find it, and take it off the wall mount. Only thing is you would need a UPS delivery truck to fit it in so it might look a little obvious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information