Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Question How many bottles????

OK, I know this is an "estrogen filled" question....I hear my husband in the shower last night counting. I'm thinking WTF???? He comes in the bedroom and says "Do you realize how many bottles of shampoo you have in there?" My reply"" YOU HAVE 25!!!!! and that doesn't include what you have in the closet! Why do you need so much?" Now, he is including shampoo, conditioner, detangler, shaving cream, and body wash (I don't like to smell the same every day). My reply was "Why do you need 5 of the same size wrench or screw driver? Just because!" So my question is...."Is this unusual or do alot of people (male or female) have a lot of bottles in their showers/baths? Go count.....

My husband made up my sig for me this weekend, glad I caught him before he wrote all that he wanted to! Can't figure out how to get the pic of my car to show up though, just posts the link to the pic....
    Bad Ass Chick, with a Bad Ass Car
    2000 SS camaro NBM A4
    [img=http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6008/ssig8mf.th.jpg]

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

I have ONE bottle of Dr. brommers peppermint soap that I use for washing and shampoo in the tub area. My wife has seven bottle of various shampoo/conditioner crap in the tub area, plus some sea oil crap for her skin.

Under the sink she has a multitude of crap for hair, face, body, hair and whatever. I have ONE small bottle of Dr. Bronner Peppermint soap in my shaving kit.

In regards to tools, the value of having multiple tools is often we need a screwdriver under the hood, and then we need one under the car, and then we need one in the car, and we need one in the kitchen, and we need one at the office, and since we may have multiple cars we need them in each vehicle. Multiple tools are a logitical solution. multiple bottles of shampoo when you can reach any of them just fine, from a guys perspective, is insane.

NBM
    '99 Z28

I have shampoo conditoner and some body wash. So 3 bottles

I thought it was a little much when I counted 7 bottles for my wife, but 25 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy over the top.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

I also have two SPOILED daughters, so it isn't all mine. All three of us have long hair and we have different kinds of hair too so we each use a different shampoo/conditioner/detangler. I know I'm just making up excuses! LOL
    As for the tools, I understand what you were saying tnthub, but I was talking about the three toolboxes (I think it is three, maybe more) in the garage full of the same tools, just different brands Snap On, SK, Craftsman ect.....

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

2. One shampoo, 1 body wash.

My homosexual roommate "Vathana" has about 20 though. About 15 different kinds of moisturizers, anti-wrinkle creams, bubble bath, all kinds of gay stuff.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

I have 1 shampoo and 1 body wash.

The kid has 3 bottles and the wife has 4 around the tub. She has a bunch of shit in the closet though. I don't even want to count all that stuff.

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by myss
    I also have two SPOILED daughters, so it isn't all mine. All three of us have long hair and we have different kinds of hair too so we each use a different shampoo/conditioner/detangler. I know I'm just making up excuses! LOL
    As for the tools, I understand what you were saying tnthub, but I was talking about the three toolboxes (I think it is three, maybe more) in the garage full of the same tools, just different brands Snap On, SK, Craftsman ect.....
    Three sets sounds about right if someone actually uses tools.

My brother doesn't qualify, he just buys tools and keeps them becasue he can and he has plenty of money so it is just something he likes to do.

However for a car guy, we really need three sets. One set is a god set with a lifetime warranty so we always have the right tool in good shape for the right job. This set stays in the garage so we don't lose anything becasue it is expensive.

The next set is a "cheapie" set or something we got a good deal on. These are probably just cheap tools and we take them with us as spares and backups and if we break something we can probably buy another cheap set to replace it for less money than we can buy the one broken tool so this set grows and multiplies like ants at a picnic.

In between we need a pretty good set of tools for travelling. This is for when we need to help a neighbor or buddy and we know we need good stuff but we don't want to take our good set becasue things will get lost and mixed up with our friends stuff and we don't want to worry about losing veryu expensive tools. e can't use the real cheap stuff for this becasue we don't want to have to screw around and replace something if we break it. Also, its just plain old embarrassing to show up with a set of tools so cheap they fall apart in our hands.

The problem comes when someone borrows a good socket, for example, and it never returns. We are then faced with either replacing the good socket or buying a whole set of less good sockets. Our decision depends on how we feel, when payday occurs, and what other obligations we have right then and there.

Also, there is the wife factor..... That is the "Can you please fix this" of "honeydew" list for which we never seem to have the right size tool for the job regardless of how many hundreds or thouands of tools we have so we need to go buy a "one off" of one of a kind tool. This tool doesn't fit in any of our tool boxes so we often have a fourth box just for stuff like this.

Then, for example, I have my fathers tool box as well. When he passed it came to me, and he had all kinds of weird crap in it that I simply can't bear to part with like a 2 1/2 socket for which I couldn't even afford to buy a ratchet for but I keep it anyway. And so we end up with lots of "stuff"
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

black
    98 WS6

black
    98 WS6

the above pic is your sig
    find different space provider

one of each, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, there's only more of than that if one is about done... just curious, how many pairs of shoes do you have?

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

we have 11 bottles and containers of stuff currently in the shower. way too many for my taste...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have 3 bottles to me.
    Body wash, crew shampoo, and crew conditioner.

She only has 5.

Orange
    2010 Camaro SS

I'm bald so one bar of soap is enough for me. Between the wife and kids there are 7 different bottles. We do have an over abundance of things to scrub your body with. Some poof ball things, different pads for the face, elbows, knees etc. One end of the shower has those things hanging all over it. I just counted them. There are 12 of them.

ive got all kinds

2 types of shampoo

2 types of conditioner

apricot scrub
    body wash
    facial cleanser
    bubble bath
    avon skin oil

stuff like that. and don't call me gay.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Spiral
    ive got all kinds

2 types of shampoo

2 types of conditioner

apricot scrub
    body wash
    facial cleanser
    bubble bath
    avon skin oil

Sorry man... but bubble bath? You leave us little recourse.

LOL, always wanted to use that smilie because it's funny.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myss
    OK, I know this is an "estrogen filled" question....I hear my husband in the shower last night counting. I'm thinking WTF???? He comes in the bedroom and says "Do you realize how many bottles of shampoo you have in there?" My reply"" YOU HAVE 25!!!!! and that doesn't include what you have in the closet! Why do you need so much?" Now, he is including shampoo, conditioner, detangler, shaving cream, and body wash (I don't like to smell the same every day). My reply was "Why do you need 5 of the same size wrench or screw driver? Just because!" So my question is...."Is this unusual or do alot of people (male or female) have a lot of bottles in their showers/baths? Go count.....

My husband made up my sig for me this weekend, glad I caught him before he wrote all that he wanted to! Can't figure out how to get the pic of my car to show up though, just posts the link to the pic....
    I am now redirecting my investment portfolio...maybe Johnson&Johnson...Suave...?If you continue to use that many different products...I should be able to retire soon......!

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

We have 23... not to mention whats in the cabinets..

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I have 2; they're both the same shampoo, but ones empty.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Spiral
    ive got all kinds

2 types of shampoo

2 types of conditioner

apricot scrub
    body wash
    facial cleanser
    bubble bath
    avon skin oil