Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

How do I "fix" my neighbors?

So the neighbor kid drives me INSANE with his truck.....

4 hours after I changed the exhaust on my Trans Am for the louder, the little redneck shit kid was outside hacking off his muffler on his 2004 Dodge Ram truck. His redneck dad beat his ass but yet didn't make him reweld it on.

Their driveway is by my bedroom window. He leaves it running outside sometimes for 20 minutes...he revs it up when he starts it...he revs it up right before he shuts it down....he works on a farm and comes and goes at all hours of the night. I tried speaking to his fat mouthy mom...but she said I'm one to talk because of my Bird....yet I'm very considerate of my neighbors and coast in quietly if people are asleep.

Is there anyway I can quiet his truck down without his knowledge? Stick some catalytic convertor stuff in the pipe...splice some wires!? Something?? Also complaining to the local police force does nothing.

Reasoning with these people is not an option.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Be less considerate and see how they like it. Make some noise after they go to bed or an hour before they get up...that would piss me off.

red
    95 Z28

Move out of Oklahoma

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Move out of Oklahoma
    Yes agreed. But I have 2 years left then i can bounce.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I could solve your neighbor problem for you

Seriously, it'll be rough to get anything through to people like that. I wouldn't recommend doing anything to the truck. It'll just lead to you getting in trouble possibly.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

funny....i have almost the exact same situation across the street...except the redneck dad encourages this shit. both father and son have mufflers gone...except the son has straight pipes with fuckin redneck bells stickin out the back of his ram....daddy just has a 90s model swb chevy with the muffler hacked and dumped down....every time im tinkerin with the t/a that little fucker has to come out and start his shit up and rev the piss out of it...hes done it so much that he has fried the rings and now its shittin out blue smoke constantly and misfiring like a sniper with palsy.....not to mention he also comes in at all hours of the night.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

I, in the past have had good success with a tight fitting potato jammed right up the tailpipe.

They cannot see it if far enough up and cannot start the thing

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I vote you stick a 228/232 cam in the car with dual cutouts and leave them open all the time your around the house. lol sorry couldnt be much help though man :/

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    I vote you stick a 228/232 cam in the car with dual cutouts and leave them open all the time your around the house. lol sorry couldnt be much help though man :/

Winner!!!!

I wouldn't screw with the truck or even talk with them about anymore it. It would come back on you in retaliation against the bird.

Nor would I be anymore considerate towards them. Cutout @ 3000rpms as you pull in/out would be fun. Random start ups and short cruises around the block in the middle of the night, etc.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

M18 Claymores

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Pretty much the cam and exhaust set up i already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I could solve your neighbor problem for you

Seriously, it'll be rough to get anything through to people like that. I wouldn't recommend doing anything to the truck. It'll just lead to you getting in trouble possibly.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Winner!!!!

I wouldn't screw with the truck or even talk with them about anymore it. It would come back on you in retaliation against the bird.

Nor would I be anymore considerate towards them. Cutout @ 3000rpms as you pull in/out would be fun. Random start ups and short cruises around the block in the middle of the night, etc.
    Every teenager that comes in and out of there does that. Those people never sleep. Wouldn't really do any good.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You could put a bright ass motion detecting spotlight on that side of the house. Maybe getting the shit blinded out of him in the middle of the night would lead to a deal. put it on a short ass delay so he couldnt get any use out of it.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    You could put a bright ass motion detecting spotlight on that side of the house. Maybe getting the shit blinded out of him in the middle of the night would lead to a deal. put it on a short ass delay so he couldnt get any use out of it.
    That doesn't sound like a bad ideal. I came home the other night pretty late and they were all hanging out on their front porch..so i turned my bright lights on and pulled the Bird angled in my front yard just so my lights hit their front porch and then i got out and went in the house a few minutes. Come back outside to turn the Bird and lights off and they had scattered.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    That doesn't sound like a bad ideal. I came home the other night pretty late and they were all hanging out on their front porch..so i turned my bright lights on and pulled the Bird angled in my front yard just so my lights hit their front porch and then i got out and went in the house a few minutes. Come back outside to turn the Bird and lights off and they had scattered.
    Like cockroaches when you turn the lights on...

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Are we holding a burnout contest on your front yard Jodi?

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    Are we holding a burnout contest on your front yard Jodi?
    Um no. I don't want to hurt my grass.

red
    95 Z28

I think we all have issues with some of our neighbors. There's a single mom who lives a few houses away (culdesac) from me. She has a kid who's somewhere in high school. Little shit turns the bass up so much on his shit music that I can be in my bedroom with the TV on and still hear the bass. It's fucking annoying, and this neighborhood is not a ghetto neighborhood by any means, quite the opposite actually. Sure sounds like one though when he has that shit on. My house is a good 150-200ft away. I cant fathom how the other neighbors with houses on either side of his can tolerate that shit.

The problem with finding a solution (and a problem with many of the suggestions in this thread) is that it needs to be directed only at the one problem person. In your case, making your car louder might piss off the one particular neighbor, but if you have any other neighbors there's no need to start a problem with them. I dont have any interest in pissing off any of my other neighbors.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Neighbor wars can last for years...

Ask me how I know..

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

On a related topic, my girl works in a large office, and she has been getting her
    "very clearly marked" lunch stolen out of the office fridge. Any ideas? She says I have free rein to nip it in the bud. I was thinking about putting somthing "special" in there. You know, those frozen microwave meals.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    On a related topic, my girl works in a large office, and she has been getting her
    "very clearly marked" lunch stolen out of the office fridge. Any ideas? She says I have free rein to nip it in the bud. I was thinking about putting somthing "special" in there. You know, those frozen microwave meals.
    Ha ha ha.

Wasn't the solution on an episode of the Office?

Real food...mixed in with Imodium Ad/laxative or something of the same. And do it a few times til they get the point.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information