silver
    2007 Caprice

Holden - Customer Assistance - Xxxxx - Australia

just thought i would vent a little of MY frustration with

HOLDEN - CUSTOMER SERVICE

we purchased 2 Holden Caprice's on the 29th of March this year

the first car arrived at The Holden Dealer but they were unable to deliver it as it had some Electrical Issues, the car sat there for two weeks as the Holden Tech's there were unble to rectify the fault, we were told that Holden sent a tech out but he too was unable to rectify the fault, in the end we sent one of our Auto Electricians to The Holden Dealership & he rectified the fault much to there embarrisment

the second car of witch i call a Billion Dollar Blem has had more faults that i care to even list here

i gave a list of faults to the Salesman that i bought the car from & also to the Service Manager at the Dealership. He took photos of the faults & told me that they would arange for the faults to be repaired - i am still waiting

after having to jump start it several times & my neighbours asking me why i brought a Hybrid Caprice - (they thought it was an Electric Car) i had to eventually take it back to Holden as it had gone into limp mode

I took it back to the selling dealer & after some minor disagreement with the service manager i was told that they dont have the software required to rectify my car but should have it in the next few weeks

as i was not happy with what i had been told buy the Service Manager at the dealership i sort enother Holden Dealer to rectify the issues with my car

i have now been dealing with Holden Customer Service as i belive that the issues with my car have been handled in a very poor manner

the car has now been shoped to 3 different Panel Shops by Holden to have the Body issues rectified - i guess Holden are shopping for Quality as i am sure they wouldnt be shopping it around for price

i belive the service that i have received from Holden Customer Service is Very Poor

i have several Paint issues with my car & one of them is that the Paint is very mottley on the front bar, it appears that the front bar is Black under the Silver top coat as you can see the black through the paint, not to mention the transport Damage to the underside of the front bar

Initially when i first took the car back to the Selling Dealer i was told that it would be rectified & as i wanted to have the clear stick-on plastic paint mask fitted to the front of my car i was told not to do it untill the front bar was repaired as Holden wont cover the cost to reaply the stick-on film if i have it done

now that i have had the run around from Holden for the last 3 Months & the front bar has suffered some sand blasting from road grime they decided in there wisdom that they wouldnt cover it due to it beeing sand blasted after several disagreements with Holden Customer Service they have finally agreed to have the front bar repaired but now they wont give me a loan car for the 10 or so days they need to repair my car

as you can now imagine the glory of my purchase of Holdens "Flagship" there "Billon Dollar Baby" has turned to mud due to the service that i have received from Holden

if you or anybody you know have had similar issues with Holden Customer Service i would be happy to hear of there story

either get them to post it up or they can email me direct at

rodjclark@optusnet.com.au

thanks for letting me vent
    Last edited by rodrocket; 07-21-2007 at 05:50 AM.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by rodrocket View Post
    just thought i would vent a little of MY frustration with

HOLDEN - CUSTOMER SERVICE

we purchased 2 Holden Caprice's on the 29th of March this year

the first car arrived at Ballan Holden in Hoppers Crossing but they were unable to deliver it as it had some Electrical Issues, the car sat there for two weeks as the Holden Tech's there were unble to rectify the fault, we were told that Holden sent a tech out but he too was unable to rectify the fault, in the end we sent one of our Auto Electricians to Ballan Holden & he rectified the fault much to there embarrisment

the second car of witch i call a Billion Dollar Blem has had more faults that i care to even list here

i gave a list of faults to the Salesman that i bought the car from & also to the Service Manager at Ballan Holden. He took photos of the faults & told me that they would arange for the faults to be repaired - i am still waiting

after having to jump start it several times & my neighbours asking me why i brought a Hybrid Caprice - (they thought it was an Electric Car) i had to eventually take it back to Holden as it had gone into limp mode

I took it back to the selling dealer & after some minor disagreement with the service manager i was told that they dont have the software required to rectify my car but should have it in the next few weeks

as i was not happy with what i had been told buy the Service Manager of Ballan Holden i sort enother Holden Dealer to rectify the issues with my car

i have now been dealing with Alan at Holden Customer Service as i belive that the issues with my car have been handled in a very poor manner

the car has now been shoped to 3 different Panel Shops by Holden to have the Body issues rectified - i guess Holden are shopping for Quality as i am sure they wouldnt be shopping it around for price

i belive the service that i have received from Holden Customer Service in particular Alan Matecki who i have been told is the Supervisor there is very poor

i have several Paint issues with my car & one of them is that the Paint is very mottley on the front bar, it appears that the front bar is Black under the Silver top coat as you can see the black through the paint, not to mention the transport Damage to the underside of the front bar

Initially when i first took the car back to Ballan Holden i was told that it would be rectified & as i wanted to have the clear stick-on plastic paint mask fitted to the front of my car i was told not to do it untill the front bar was repaired as Holdden wont cover the cost to reaply the stick-on film if i have it done

now that i have had the run around from Holden for the last 3 Months & the front bar has suffered some sand blasting from road grime they decided in there wisdom that they wouldnt cover it due to it beeing sand blasted after several arguments with Alan at Holden Customer Service they have finally agreed to have the front bar repaired but now they wont give me a loan car for the 10 or so days they need to repair my car

as you can now imagine the glory of my purchase of Holdens "Flagship" there "Billon Dollar Baby" has turned to mud due to the service that i have received from Holden

if you or anybody you know have had similar issues with Holden Customer Service i would be happy to hear of there story

either get them to post it up or they can email me direct at

rodjclark@optusnet.com.au

thanks for letting me vent
    Oi Mate, I would be furious, not only would I make them give me a loaner(which they will if you throw a big enough fit) I would threaten them with a full news article, law suit, what ever worked....haha, and to top it all off, before I picked the car up I would go over it and look @ any and all defects and blame them for it, tell them it was not like this when I dropped it off. Hey thats just me, tell them to bugger off,,,,Good luck
    Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 07-21-2007 at 02:40 AM.

Sandstone
    09 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

rodrocket,

I'd caution you about naming individuals in your "desire" to let everyone know about your Caprice!

Mike

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mmciau View Post
    rodrocket,

I'd caution you about naming individuals in your "desire" to let everyone know about your Caprice!

Mike
    Why are you one of the Buggers thats jurking him around?....screw there service department. People buys cars from dealerships for there service, thats what you hear about how were you treated?....If it was a bad experience, then you won't go back, however he doesnt need to use the peoples last names....unless he wants everyone to know what an ass the guy is and is being...LOL....my .02 worth....what do I know, I don't play well with others

Black
    2004 GTO

There I edited out said "asses" name out of my quote....LOL

Sandstone
    09 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Why are you one of the Buggers thats jurking him around?....screw there service department. People buys cars from dealerships for there service, thats what you hear about how were you treated?....If it was a bad experience, then you won't go back, however he doesnt need to use the peoples last names....unless he wants everyone to know what an ass the guy is and is being...LOL....my .02 worth....what do I know, I don't play well with others

perhaps you just might wish to read this.

Mike

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutnick_v_Dow_Jones

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/HCA/2002/56.html

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mmciau View Post
    I read it, and It sounds like lawyers getting a piece of a big companyThats what we need is a few more lawyers...Those wig wearing justices over there are probably getting some money for there next run @ office too........

Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 07-21-2007 at 04:05 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Guy is having a bad experiance.....OK....shit happens and justice and service often times moves at a snails pace....so it pisses him off...eventually the right thing will get done....it normally does in these cases.....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

cant help you but i just spent some time on the holden website thay make some nice ass cars man

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Guy is having a bad experiance.....OK....shit happens and justice and service often times moves at a snails pace....so it pisses him off...eventually the right thing will get done....it normally does in these cases.....
    agreed.

One thing that customers do when they purchase a new car that has problems is slam the dealer first chance they get. Now dont get me wrong, there can be lots of things that a dealer can do wrong when delivering a new car or handling a customer but lots of times especially if they are quirky electrical problems all you can do is wait. Lots of these weird issues are so unheard of that the dealer doesnt even have the means to fix them. The dealer basically gets blasted everytime theres a car with problems and its not always their fault. On a brand new car blame the carmaker and assembly. If the dealer doesnt have the updated software then how is it their fault? damage and paint, I can see how customers get pissed. Beleive me though, the dealer wants to fix your car everytime you bring it in, its not in their favor not to. I get jus as pissed when i get a car that drags out and still isnt resolved because it means I lost money. Jus today I had a brand new 08 Hyundai Sonata I had to pdi. The fucking a/c doesnt work. I hook it up to the a/c machine figuring that the factory didnt fill it with enough refrigerent. Still no cold. Brand new car! why the fuck did it leave the factory with inop a/c? now I'm gonna eat shit because I'll get paid warranty to fix the problem. Thanks a lot sonata plant. These fucking lazy ass union auto workers are the main problem. They shove it up their employers ass because of their fuckin union and haphazardly put the cars together. Their is lil to no quality control anymore. God help me if I actually totaled up how much the UAW has fucked me when I've had to repair bullshit on new cars. But yeah, the dealer/tech didnt engineer your car. The automaker did.

silver
    2007 Caprice

my gripe is not with the car or the dealership

i am just not happy with the way that Customer Service has handled this

regards
    rod

White
    2002 VY SS

You talk about the billion dollar blem, so I assume at least one of the Caprices is the 'E' series. What about the other one? I dont see this as a public flaming, but more like a discussion about dissapointing results with a product and follow up servicing. So be it.

Yep, I think everyone who has anything to do with Holden after sales service has a story to tell some level.

They failed to find a fuel problem I had a while back. Instead played with some engine codes and sent me on my way. Ended up I had a rusted out fuel system from front to back. Pump to injectors replaced. I would have thought even a basic mechanic could diagnose that...

Good luck with it mate...

White
    2002 VY SS

By the way, where in Oz are you??

silver
    2007 Caprice

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    By the way, where in Oz are you??

i am in Victoria

both cars ar WM Caprice's

i am happy with the cars & the dealerships its just the way that this has been handled by Holden Customer Service that has given me the irrits

regards
    rod

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Nothing wrong with getting pissed off....

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Nothing wrong with getting pissed off....
    you can say that again. Sometimes thats the only way to make anything happen

Thread Information