Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Here Kitty, kitty...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

so goes life in the wild......that took a lot longer than a broadhead to the chest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Navy Blue Metallic

Those cats are big....

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

140lbs for the average male. They are good size animals. Still I would rather go up against a 120-140lbs Mountain Lion than 6-11 120lbs wolves.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    140lbs for the average male. They are good size animals. Still I would rather go up against a 120-140lbs Mountain Lion than 6-11 120lbs wolves.
    Yup your odds are better.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    1 on 1 though a big cat would destroy a wolf.....probably 2-3 wolves.

Arctic White, red/gray

Yep

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we get reports/rumors here every year of lions being seen or caught on trail cameras. Not sure how much I believe it but I do know that when I'm walking in or out of the woods in the dark I'm on high alert. I was at the base of my stand this year one morning getting ready to climb the ladder. I was kneeling on the ground getting all my shit together and tying my rope to my bow when I heard a twig snap about 30-40 yards behind me. It was pitch black and I put my flashlight in the area I heard but there was still a ton of cover on so I couldn't see shit. I keep doing what I'm doing and hear another twig snap but this time it was closer. Lets just say I didn't spend a lot of time dicking around from that point on and got my ass up in the stand Never did see what it was because it was gone by the time it got light enough....I would guess a coon or possum but in the dark your imagination is your worst enemy. There was a black bear hit by a car about 5 miles from my house this year. I've never seen one in the woods here but there's no doubt in my mind there in there. Just hope I bump into my first one in the daylight to at least give me some warning.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Are you allowed to carry a handgun during bow season there?

I don't go without my .357 GP100

Oh wait, I forgot.

That pistol, along with all my other ones, was lost in a tragic boating accident...

Arctic White, red/gray

We had the Milwaukee Lion for a week or so. A Mountain Lion that was seen, video and pictures in the city of Milwaukee. 600,000 people. Police were everywhere anytime someone called in a report. I think only pets were harmed, no human attacks and they never actually found the damn thing. Everyone thought it was a joke for a while until real video was taken and a few cops saw it going into a wooded area by an overpass.

Navy Blue Metallic

Glad those animals stay up north.....Around here it's coyotes, wild dogs, boar, and an occasional bear. Bears are very, very rare. Last one reported was in 07 which they caught, tagged and relocated somewhere north. Oh and snakes......lots and lots of snakes....also if hunting near swamps then include gators. I didn't know just how many of them are in our area.....

Arctic White, red/gray

I think WI is a pretty safe place to play. Very rarely does anyone encounter a poison snake. We have black bears which are deathly afraid of anything bigger than a fish. Coyotes rarely attack humans anywhere unless they know you are injured badly. Mountain Lions are very rare, I have been in the woods of WI my entire life and have never seen one in person, nor has anyone I know. We have no gators to worry about or really any poison animals. You can jump in any lake and the worst thing that will happen is a small nibble from a northern that probably tickles more than hurts. The worst we have to deal with are mosquitos and they are only alive for 5-6 months out of the year.

The wolf population is growing so we will see if that has an affect on humans. Other than a new hunting season.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-18-2015 at 06:58 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Are you allowed to carry a handgun during bow season there?

I don't go without my .357 GP100

Oh wait, I forgot.

That pistol, along with all my other ones, was lost in a tragic boating accident...
    yeah...you can ccw with a license as long as you don't take game with it. Not sure how many dealings you've had with a game warden but the last thing I want is to have a ccw on me when being checked. I've yet to meet one that isn't a complete asshole and the only being with more power than they have is God.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

had someone post this pic of their trail camera this year on a local board with a lion on it

only took me a few minutes to find house cat pictures that looked almost identical haha

Arctic White, red/gray

I hunt a lot of farmland so I have seen a few farm cats in person and on camera.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

We have everything in nc it seems. Black bear come into greensboro all the time. But mostly stay to the wildlife trails. We have one run up a tree by a dog a couple times a year at least. The mountain lions tend to stay in the higher elevations but are spotted in this area every few years. Bob cats wild boar alligators you name it they are in some part of the state. Joys of having a coastline and mountains with everything in between the two.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    We have everything in nc it seems. Black bear come into greensboro all the time. But mostly stay to the wildlife trails. We have one run up a tree by a dog a couple times a year at least. The mountain lions tend to stay in the higher elevations but are spotted in this area every few years. Bob cats wild boar alligators you name it they are in some part of the state. Joys of having a coastline and mountains with everything in between the two.
    That diversity is pretty cool.

We have cats here. One was shot to death here. It was hanging out in the middle of town.

Omaha police officers shoot, kill mountain lion outside Project Harmony near 120th, Q Streets - Omaha.com: OMAHA METRO

Navy Blue Metallic

Forgot about the Bobcats. Been seeing more this yr then previous yrs. I think it is because new home building has increased this summer.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    That diversity is pretty cool.

We have cats here. One was shot to death here. It was hanging out in the middle of town.
    Click for full size

Omaha police officers shoot, kill mountain lion outside Project Harmony near 120th, Q Streets - Omaha.com: OMAHA METRO

Too bad they killed it. Fuck the people, leave the lion alone.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Too bad they killed it. Fuck the people, leave the lion alone.
    didn't have a whole lot of choice...injured and cornered in a populated area.

Thread Information