HELP need quick question on HDMI cable

I am buying an HDMI cable but they come in different guages, I've seen 22-30AWG listed, I would guess for a longer cable a THICKER cable would be better for the picture quality, so I would want the SMALLEST AWG number, correct? like a 22 would be thicker and better then a 25?

Black
    2004 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    I am buying an HDMI cable but they come in different guages, I've seen 22-30AWG listed, I would guess for a longer cable a THICKER cable would be better for the picture quality, so I would want the SMALLEST AWG number, correct? like a 22 would be thicker and better then a 25?
    The gauge size for HDMI is basically inconsequential and is mainly concerned with the construction of the cable.

I prefer Monster over any other cable as it is absolutly imperative to have the best possible connectors.

For instance here's a Monster M Series
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Monster-Cabl...QQcmdZViewItem

The most advanced M Series HDMI audio/video interface cable for serious movie enthusiasts who demand ultimate 1080p performance from elite home theater systems.
    Engineered to exceed the requirements of HDMI v1.3 and certified for performance by the Imaging Science Foundation, M1000HD features super-fine conductor stranding and high-velocity silver-coated conductors for maximum contrast, deep color, fine detail, plus uncompressed 96/24 high-resolution surround sound.

Large gauge silver-coated conductors for superior signal transfer and ultimate high-definition video.
    Ultra high-density quad-layer shielding for ultimate rejection of RF and EM interference.
    Advanced nitrogen (N2) gas-injected dielectric ensures maximum signal strength, even over longer runs.
    24k gold contacts for maximum signal transfer and corrosion resistance.

Here's a Monster 400 Sereis
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-CABLE-HD...QQcmdZViewItem

Gas-Injected Dielectric for the highest-quality HDTV picture and sound. Provides high-definition video and multi-channel audio in one cable; advanced design and construction delivers optimum signal transfer.

Supports multiple audio formats, from stereo to multi-channel sound.
    Gas-injected dielectric for optimum signal strength and ultra-low loss.
    High-density triple-shielding for maximum rejection of RFI and EMI.
    For high-definition video (720p and 1080i) or standard video formats.

The Ultimate Audio/Video Interface Has Finally Arrived – in One Digital Connection

Monster HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) 400 is a remarkable new high-bandwidth digital connection that offers superior digital video and multi-channel audio in a single cable, reducing the maze of home theater connections.
    It’s simple, user-friendly connection is backwards-compatible with DVI, and it delivers a high-definition picture that’s five times the resolution of conventional TV for the highest quality, crispest image quality available. Now you can connect HDMI-equipped devices such as DVD players, set-top boxes, AV receivers and HDTVs with a cable that helps optimize this next-generation technology:

Monster HDMI 400.
    Advanced Design and Construction for the Best Possible Sound and Picture
    Monster HDMI 400’s advanced design and construction exceeds HDMI standards to transfer digital AV signals with optimal power, accuracy and clarity. 24k gold contacts resist corrosion to provide optimum signal transfer. Triple-layer shielding rejects interference for the clearest picture possible. And Monster’s gas-injected cellular dielectric helps facilitate high velocity transfer and maximum signal strength, even over long lengths.

1996 Viper GTS

Monster is great, if you like paying extra $$ for the Monster name. I'm using a $26 Phillips 6 foot HDMI from WallyWorld after taking back the same length Monster to CrackCity for over 100 bux cuz it crapped out.

I work at Circuit City... the Monster Cable markup is damn near 80% on thier products... I refuse on those very grounds to ever touch thier products no matter how good they are.

i use a $10 ebay on my HD setup and its just fine. Monster is all about the name man, get a walmart brand and it will transfer all the same. I really cant tell any diff. between components and HDMI though

with a 110" glare free sheetrock screen you notice .03% change in picture quality so even if its marginal ill notice... i have a 50ft comps now but the new dvd player wont do 1080p unless its over its hdmi port for some reason

Unless you're an audio/videophile the cable will generally not make a noticable difference other than that of how much your wallet weighs. Especially with DVI/HDMI since they are digital signals.

If money is no object, I would get the one with the best shielding.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

monster blows big time. all hype and your paying for the name. There are tons of others out there that are the same damn thing except cheaper... ask just about anybody at www.avsforum.com what they think of monster or any other high mark up crap cable.

Thread Information