FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

HELP!! Looking for input

I went looking for bikes today got approved to get one. Only question that remains..... WHAT THE HELL ONE:
    All are 07 and all are 1000 cc
    The candy apple red yamaha R1
    The black with silver CBR1000
    Or the GSXR1000 with what looks like the sunset orange metallic?
    Leave your input, I'm at a stump!!

tater_salad
    If you're looking the fastest, the GSXR is the best choice. If I'm not mistaken, Suzuki did some changes with the 07 GSX-R 1000s and made them a little bit faster than last year's model.

A good buddy of mine sells and drag races bikes, and his top choices are Suzuki and Kawasaki. From what he says, and I'd trust him with my life on this, Suzuki or Kawasaki first, Yamaha is trying, and the Honda ain't worth a crap.

I'd take the orange GSXR, those are sweet ass bikes with a sweet ass color, or the R1.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Just a little bit of input, ive owned 6 quads. 5 yamahas, 1 suzuki. The suzu (03 Z400 iirc) was a piece of shit, and broke atleast 2 things every time we took it to the trails. Ive only ever replaced 2 chains in the grizzlys and a stater in my raptor, nothing else has ever broken. But thats just me. I wont ever buy a suzuki anything ever again. Personally i think the R1 looks the best out of all of them, the lines are amazing. And yamaha usually has good deals going around with their bikes. If honda bikes are anything like their quads, they'll be reliable as hell but slower than the competition. I like how they look tho. I also love how the exhaust is tucked out of sight on the Yamaha and the honda, makes it look real sleek and clean.
    At any rate, i envy you... only thing i could afford is an FZ6, but my g/f wouldnt let me get one anyways

Last edited by 01RaptorTA; 09-30-2007 at 05:06 AM.

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Yeah, the only thing is is that everyone around this area seems to ride a GSXR, usually 600's though. I was actually looking last night and one of the yamaha forums the guys were actually complaining saying that the R1 is more set up for the track because they say it seems to lack alot in the low-mid RPM range. My buddy has a CBR1000 and loves it. The GSXR is a bad looking bike, I don't like the picture they have of it, I think it looks alot better in person. I see you included the 2008 model years for the R1 and CBR, I'd be getting a 2007, about the same looks still. The one thing I like about the GSXR is that I guess they have different modes you can control next to the throttle that can restrict or open up the bike depending if your just looking to cruise or if your looking to get and go. I'm excited as hell whatever route I go, I'll be riding everyday this week more than likely, and my buddies dad is brining down his Harley and the three of us will be going on about a 300 mile road trip, with breaks of course. Anyone actually got any comparisons on the bikes?

tater_salad
    Check your PMs man.

Thread Information