Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Has anyone ever driven a 93-99 viper?

I will be getting a performance car in the next year to replace my ws6 i sold a while ago....I'm looking for something unique and powerful and something that makes a statement.

What do you think of the RT/10 made these years?
    How's the ride quality? Performance etc?

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

they are great but they have some weird stuff that will take some getting used to...

1.) the peddles start from the left and go to the right...so instead of having an open space on the left side of the clutch to rest your foot, its to the right of the gas peddle...never seen any other car have the configuration that a viper does.
    2.) depending on what year you get depends on what it has interior wise...none of the models that you listed "that I know of" have traction control and some of the year models included in your comment have like 1 speaker and a stereo...the later models are better about that.
    3.) early models didnt have A/C either...I say they didnt have it, it was an option after 1993.

If you are serious about getting one I would stick to as close as 1999 as possible...1999 model has about 50 more HP and about 60 more ftlbs of TQ vs the earlier model. Plus the 1999 interior is night and day difference from the 1993 model lol

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    they are great but they have some weird stuff that will take some getting used to...

1.) the peddles start from the left and go to the right...so instead of having an open space on the left side of the clutch to rest your foot, its to the right of the gas peddle...never seen any other car have the configuration that a viper does.
    2.) depending on what year you get depends on what it has interior wise...none of the models that you listed "that I know of" have traction control and some of the year models included in your comment have like 1 speaker and a stereo...the later models are better about that.
    3.) early models didnt have A/C either...I say they didnt have it, it was an option after 1993.

If you are serious about getting one I would stick to as close as 1999 as possible...1999 model has about 50 more HP and about 60 more ftlbs of TQ vs the earlier model. Plus the 1999 interior is night and day difference from the 1993 model lol
    Thanks man, how did she pull? Was she pretty quick? Was the ride smooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Ride isn't going to be smooth. They pull good. I agree on going for a 99 as the interiors are far nicer. Pedals do take some getting used to

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Sounds like a unique choice, what are the build numbers?

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post

Thanks man, how did she pull? Was she pretty quick? Was the ride smooth?
    They pull like a raped ape because they are torque monsters...they dont ride that great but it's not terrible. Those cars are borderline race cars so it's not going to be smooth if that's what you are going for lol they are very cool cars tho.

Almost forgot...the length of the hood takes some getting used to. The front end of the car is very long.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Some years have problems with the panels under the door... The exhaust runs under them and sometimes discolors the paint and a few have even melted the panel...

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Ride isn't going to be smooth. They pull good. I agree on going for a 99 as the interiors are far nicer. Pedals do take some getting used to
    is there any difference between 97-99? Also how much better is the 03-04 viper?????? Have any of you guys driven one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Some years have problems with the panels under the door... The exhaust runs under them and sometimes discolors the paint and a few have even melted the panel...
    Ok cool i will keep an eye out for that

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    is there any difference between 97-99? Also how much better is the 03-04 viper?????? Have any of you guys driven one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Ok cool i will keep an eye out for that
    Unless you're getting a GT/S, the SRT10 is a much better car than the standard 90's viper. More power, better suspension, lighter and more rigid chassis, and way better design imo.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Unless you're getting a GT/S, the SRT10 is a much better car than the standard 90's viper. More power, better suspension, lighter and more rigid chassis, and way better design imo.
    Oh ok cool, i will have to start looking into them, man they are much more expensive though,almost new stingray prices.......thanks for the info man

Black / White

Oh ok cool, i will have to start looking into them, man they are much more expensive though,almost new stingray prices.......thanks for the info man
    They aren't cheap...and an oil change will make your head explode lol keep in mind it's like 8+ liters so it takes a pretty decent amount of oil to fill it up. Maintenance on one of these isn't cheap...but if you can afford it, they'll turn heads like no other car in its class because you don't see a whole lot of them. I look at prices from time to time and find the early model SRT10's from $35,000-$49,000 depending on mileage and where they are.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

96 and later had exhaust out the rear and the rocker exits were cosmetic
    I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

My Cardomain Site My Fquick site Custom Installs

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

They aren't cheap...and an oil change will make your head explode lol keep in mind it's like 8+ liters so it takes a pretty decent amount of oil to fill it up. Maintenance on one of these isn't cheap...but if you can afford it, they'll turn heads like no other car in its class because you don't see a whole lot of them. I look at prices from time to time and find the early model SRT10's from $35,000-$49,000 depending on mileage and where they are.
    MANNNN the more i look into pricing on these viper's the more it makes me want to get another WS6 and modify it to my preference lol...........

Black / White

MANNNN the more i look into pricing on these viper's the more it makes me want to get another WS6 and modify it to my preference lol...........
    That's why you don't see one on every corner lol between the price of the car, gas, maintenance, and insurance its not practical for everybody. They are very cool but they cost a pretty decent amount up front and then maintenance will cost more as well.

Thread Information