Thread: Guitar help

Guitar help

I just have an acoustic that i've been fuddling with for the last few years... but i've decieded i really want to learn and all... but i want to go electric after messing with my friends for awhile... its just far more me and much easier to play!!

anywho... i was looking to spend around $500 but soon relized that decent amps cost just as much as decent cheap guitars... so i'd have to settle for a $200 type guitar... but then I thought of something...

Do they make any software for your computer that turns it into an amp? I have a 1000 watt 7.1 system and more inputs on my computer then i even know about. it would allow me to get a decent guitar not having to buy an amp, and i think if the software existed it could probably alter the sound and do all kinds of shit like record or whatever. i've googled but come up with only "teach you guitar" programs, nothing to do with what i'm looking for.

i'm guissing it exists because my brother used to have something similiar for his keyboard, he hooked it up to his computer and used the speakers for it and had like 1000+ sound effects and reocrding ability.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Forget all about running thru your computer and get yourself a tube amp. You'll be glad you did in the end. For a really nice inexpensive electric guitar look into Agile & SX at Rondo Music. Although their prices have been going up they are still an outstanding value. I purchased this 1st edition Agile Ghost (Explorer copy) for $200. I've upgraded the pickups and converted it to gold hardware. Be sure to have it professionally set up too. It makes a world of difference in the guitar's playability.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

dont go through your PC.. Go by a pawn shop .. You can get a good Fender or Crate amp for that , just to see if you realy want to get into playing ... then you can look into the big name amps ...

Thread Information