Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Gt500 Dyno Video

I cannot wait for the new Camaros to hit the street so we can play with the cars like this that are being put out while ours is in hibernation for almost 5 years now

http://media.putfile.com/GT500-Dyno
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Damn, they over rate their cars.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Bring it. I gotta lil sumpin sumpin for em. Thing that always tickled me about the Cobra crowd. They like to quote " Bone Stock"...no...a internal combustion engine that is "Bone Stock" aint got a blower dipshit. It is an engine that must have a blower to compete with naturally aspirated bow ties running heads/cams Now the LSX crowd goes throwing blowers on everything...we all are running around with 600+ RWHP.

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Bring it. I gotta lil sumpin sumpin for em. Thing that always tickled me about the Cobra crowd. They like to quote " Bone Stock"...no...a internal combustion engine that is "Bone Stock" aint got a blower dipshit. It is an engine that must have a blower to compete with naturally aspirated bow ties running heads/cams Now the LSX crowd goes throwing blowers on everything...we all are running around with 600+ RWHP.

Ain't that the truth Sarge. I never understood it either.

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

WTF??
    So by your logic a GN is not bone stock because it has a turbo? It's like an intelligence vacuum here. FFS, "Bone Stock"is what the factory produced. A bone stock 03/04 has a supercharger, yes or no? So NONE of the following cars are bone stock:
    Buick GN,
    GTP,
    Cobalt SS,
    Bonneville SSEI
    Buick Parke Ave SC,
    SRT-4
    VW 1.8T
    Audi S4
    ANY turbo equipped diesel engine
    ETC..

Think before you post.
    Last edited by Stills; 08-19-2006 at 09:31 AM.

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
    Ain't that the truth Sarge. I never understood it either.
    No, you don't understand, read above and be informed^^^

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Stills View Post
    WTF??
    So by your logic a GN is not bone stock because it has a turbo? It's like an intelligence vacuum here. FFS, "Bone Stock"is what the factory produced, FFS. A bone stock 03/04 has a supercharger, yes or no? So NONE of the following cars are bone stock:
    Buick GN,
    GTP,
    Cobalt SS,
    Bonneville SSEI
    Buick Parke Ave SC,
    SRT-4
    VW 1.8T
    Audi S4
    ETC..

Think before you post.

thats breaking it down for the people.

dont forget the TTA or the SVO little 4 cylinder mustang.
    or those little 4 cylinder volvos that build like 3 lbs of boost at full throttle. they arent bone stock either

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    I cannot wait for the new Camaros to hit the street so we can play with the cars like this that are being put out while ours is in hibernation for almost 5 years now

http://media.putfile.com/GT500-Dyno
    500hp but slower than the 400hp stock corvette!!!! thats gota suck. wow that thing is slow for what it is.

The Rookie
    WTF??
    So by your logic a GN is not bone stock because it has a turbo? It's like an intelligence vacuum here. FFS, "Bone Stock"is what the factory produced, FFS. A bone stock 03/04 has a supercharger, yes or no? So NONE of the following cars are bone stock:
    Buick GN,
    GTP,
    Cobalt SS,
    Bonneville SSEI
    Buick Parke Ave SC,
    SRT-4
    VW 1.8T
    Audi S4
    ETC..

Think before you post.
    Stills you have a point. But I think they have nothing to Brag about. As Sarge stated above... Too bad Ford had to add a supercharger to make it compete against GM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    Damn, they over rate their cars.
    that put down roughly the same numbers as the new zo6 and that is rated at 505 hp, so it aint like chevy isnt doin it

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

those are good numbers, how much do those stangs go for

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

WTF??
    So by your logic a GN is not bone stock because it has a turbo? It's like an intelligence vacuum here. FFS, "Bone Stock"is what the factory produced. A bone stock 03/04 has a supercharger, yes or no? So NONE of the following cars are bone stock:
    Buick GN,
    GTP,
    Cobalt SS,
    Bonneville SSEI
    Buick Parke Ave SC,
    SRT-4
    VW 1.8T
    Audi S4
    ETC..

Think before you post. I didn't
    You didnt digest all of what I said. I said bone stock for a internal combustion engine is not forced induction. Carbs/Injectors are what a bone stock internal combustion engine is. Yes I will not argue the side logic that something that comes with the car from the factory is "stock"...what I am saying is from the internal combustion engine ( on the average ) does not come with a forced induction. Heed your own advise friend. No biggie....If a manufacturer must put a blower on an engine at the factory to even come close to a competitors all natural engine then it is difficult to say it is "in the same ballpark" as the competition....obviously....slap a blower on the competitions motor and voila....aint even no more is it

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
    Stills you have a point. But I think they have nothing to Brag about. As Sarge stated above... Too bad Ford had to add a supercharger to make it compete against GM.
    Well, run what you brung. Ford is selling a 500 hp car, albeit weighing in at 3900 lbs, for 46k. 46k gets you a car that runs low 12's @ ~116. That's pretty good math to me. We're all still waiting for GM to produce an affordable for the masses performance muscle car. Ford can do it, and so can Dodge, GM well....we'll see if the next Camaro is in the price range of a Mustang GT, hopefully.

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

You didnt digest all of what I said. I said bone stock for a internal combustion engine is not forced induction. Carbs/Injectors are what a bone stock internal combustion engine is. Yes I will not argue the side logic that something that comes with the car from the factory is "stock"...what I am saying is from the internal combustion engine ( on the average ) does not come with a forced induction. Heed your own advise friend. No biggie....If a manufacturer must put a blower on an engine at the factory to even come close to a competitors all natural engine then it is difficult to say it is "in the same ballpark" as the competition....obviously....slap a blower on the competitions motor and voila....aint even no more is it
    You have odd logic. Forced induction has been on vehicles for decades, it's stock. Whatever the factory equips is stock, plain and simple.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well, run what you brung. Ford is selling a 500 hp car, albeit weighing in at 3900 lbs, for 46k. 46k gets you a car that runs low 12's @ ~116. That's pretty good math to me. We're all still waiting for GM to produce an affordable for the masses performance muscle car. Ford can do it, and so can Dodge, GM well....we'll see if the next Camaro is in the price range of a Mustang GT, hopefully.
    Ugh...you need to go and see the "stock" ( I know you like that word and all it's definitions ) GTO's....they are in the 12's for much much less money. Yes many manufacturers are loading up on the mucsle car scene again and I am happy about that! Dont care who makes it....

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

....obviously....slap a blower on the competitions motor and voila....aint even no more is it
    Ifs and buts..., .

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You have odd logic. Forced induction has been on vehicles for decades, it's stock. Whatever the factory equips is stock, plain and simple.
    No...fairly simple friend...I never said forced induction is new or rare....Hell WWII fighter planes ran nitrous kits and turbo's....so what....I guess our discussions needs beer so we can understand each other.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Ifs and buts..., this reeks of ricer.
    LOL....19 post and the guy is calling me a ricer. Unreal.

Midnight Blue
    1988 Mustang 5L Coupe

Yes many manufacturers are loading up on the mucsle car scene again and I am happy about that! Dont care who makes it....

Agreed

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh I see....I read your other post...your a Mustang Troll. Well hell. Lemme see if I can fix you up there Troll.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information