Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great...

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Great...

So... I got my first ticket this weekend. I was speeding to go around someone on the highway, and got caught. I'm not on here to like try to figure out how to fight it. He was actually really cool, just kinda talked to me for a little bit, and cut my ticket by half, so I only got a 10 over ticket. I just don't really know what to do with it. I've heard that here in Oklahoma if it's your first ticket you can get a deferral, and if you don't screw up within that time period it doesn't go on your record, you just have to pay it. Which is fine by me. I'd even do weekend traffic school. I just really don't want to go to court, I honestly don't have the time with school. Plus, if I go, I'm not going to contest the ticket.. There's not an amount written on the ticket. So.. do I just waltz up to the county clerks office and ask them all my questions? I'm clueless as to how this works, never had to deal with it before.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    So... I got my first ticket this weekend. I was speeding to go around someone on the highway, and got caught. I'm not on here to like try to figure out how to fight it. He was actually really cool, just kinda talked to me for a little bit, and cut my ticket by half, so I only got a 10 over ticket. I just don't really know what to do with it. I've heard that here in Oklahoma if it's your first ticket you can get a deferral, and if you don't screw up within that time period it doesn't go on your record, you just have to pay it. Which is fine by me. I'd even do weekend traffic school. I just really don't want to go to court, I honestly don't have the time with school. Plus, if I go, I'm not going to contest the ticket.. There's not an amount written on the ticket. So.. do I just waltz up to the county clerks office and ask them all my questions? I'm clueless as to how this works, never had to deal with it before.
    plead guilty pay for it... or you can fight it and say you were passing some one who was going 5 under the speed limit and you obviously are not going to take you good old time to go around some one...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

If it's like here in Ohio, if your over 18 you just send in the money and it's taken care of. I've never checked on the defferal but I'm sure you can just call the courthouse and they'll explain how you go about it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

go to traffic school-you'll be thankful. It'll clear the ticket, all you pay is like $80 and insurance never hears about it.

PS, call the clerk's office-they normally are very helpful

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    plead guilty pay for it... or you can fight it and say you were passing some one who was going 5 under the speed limit and you obviously are not going to take you good old time to go around some one...
    True.. but then it's still against the law..

I don't mind paying it, I just don't want it on my record or for insurance to go up.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Wow, normally cops don't write tix to chicks. You must have really pissed him off.

Since you don't have a bad driving record you're eligible for taking drivers ed course as to not get a ding on car insurance. There's online course's you can take which are easy and only take an hour or two. It's been a while for me but I don't remember it being too difficult.

Good luck you naughty, naughty little girl.

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Thanks guys, I think I'll actually try to look nice and go in there tomorrow to talk to them.

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Wow, normally cops don't write tix to chicks. You must have really pissed him off.

Since you don't have a bad driving record you're eligible for taking drivers ed course as to not get a ding on car insurance. There's online course's you can take which are easy and only take an hour or two. It's been a while for me but I don't remember it being too difficult.

Well, I was on the way back from an exercise class, so I wasn't exactly looking my best. That, and I can't bring myself to flirt like that to try to get out of something.

Eh, he was a nice guy. Now.. if he was an ass to me, I might have tried to be more of a headache. Of course, that would have ended worse for me I'm sure.. but I wouldn't have been able to help it.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Thanks guys, I think I'll actually try to look nice and go in there tomorrow to talk to them.
    i would mail a money order and a copy of the ticket to the county clerks office (make sure it's the county you were cited in) and be done with it, that is what i have always done

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    i would mail a money order and a copy of the ticket to the county clerks office (make sure it's the county you were cited in) and be done with it, that is what i have always done
    I really need to know how much it is first.. but I'm definitely going to be as little a pain as possible, mostly because of school and everything I really don't have time during normal business hours to deal with it

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I really need to know how much it is first.. but I'm definitely going to be as little a pain as possible, mostly because of school and everything I really don't have time during normal business hours to deal with it
    DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY fuck that...it'll be on your record for 5 years and insurance won't rape you gently for it.

Go to the clerk, tell her you want to take "driving school" it's a 3 hour class held once during some night. Make time for it and you'll be happy you did.

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY fuck that...it'll be on your record for 5 years and insurance won't rape you gently for it.

Go to the clerk, tell her you want to take "driving school" it's a 3 hour class held once during some night. Make time for it and you'll be happy you did.
    I'm going to try.. but here sometimes you get traffic school once, other times you have to take it a few days.. and I will if I can. I just meant I don't have time to go to court and try to fight the ticket and all that. I'll go in and talk to them about what I can do, and if it's a night or weekend class, I can do it.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Try fighting the ticket on the basis that the cop wrote the ticket wrong.

"The cop wrote the ticket as 10 over, when in reality, I was going 20 over."

See how that works out for you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

I love the way my insurance is setup. Speeding tickets won't raise my rates. Stupid stuff like DUI and wreckless Op. will of course though

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrectformula View Post
    I love the way my insurance is setup. Speeding tickets won't raise my rates. Stupid stuff like DUI and wreckless Op. will of course though
    please PM me your insurance company contact.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

The deferral seems to be different in every county in Oklahoma. When I got mine, I had to go to court a couple of times and then took a two or three day course at night for a few hours. I don't know how it is in Norman, but most likely if you don't have the time to take off a couple of times, you might be in trouble.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrectformula View Post
    What?? Of course those would raise your rates, otherwise its like saying speeding is more dangerous than a DUI or wreckless op.

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post

well....we have a thing "against" fat chicks

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    well....we have a thing "against" fat chicks

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Try fighting the ticket on the basis that the cop wrote the ticket wrong.

"The cop wrote the ticket as 10 over, when in reality, I was going 20 over."

See how that works out for you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information