FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Gotta love the military

So I'm currently an instructor at Field Med and the class is currently at the rifle range. Well this is my rant. I Fing HATE that I have to wake up at 315am to make sure i'm to work on time and then don't get off till around 8pm. By the time I get back I might as well just sleep. Thank goodness it's only for a week haha, and I can say I've had worse. Just really dang annoying right now because I never fall asleep and that's why i'm still up at almost 11. Well I'm going to attempt to sleep now. Goodnight!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

And there's a Ranger Student, SEAL candidate, CAG selectee, out there wondering if they'll make it! There are 54K combat arms troops in harms way in OEF/OIF, wondering if its their last day/night on this earth. And you're complaining about some stateside sleep, C'mon Smoky!!!

I think you could complain about something else than going to a range in the wee hours of the morning! Lucky you're not doing reverse cycle training for a month, on Zulu time, etc. I could go on and on.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Heh. I went through Field Med in NC in 1996. It was fun stuff!

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

LOL I remember plenty of those days. I wont even go into what I've put up with because anyone who's been in has heard it before. My time came around, and I decided to get out and go to college. Glad I put up with it for 4 years, and I still had some good times and now I've got college money too. Also: got the loan for my WS6 from Navy Federal too so... yeah..

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

I wouldn't trade my 6 years for anything.

I got to do, see, and experience some amazing things that I would have NEVER encountered in civilian life. Good things.

One thing I've noticed though, is that the longer it's been since I was in the service, the more I remember the really cool stuff and the more I forget the stuff that really sucked.

Except for the 2 week ORI in Biloxi MS during August wearing CW gear.

I remember that one clearly because it was just before my re-enlistment was due.

I said thanks, but no thanks

Black n Black

Quote Originally Posted by 6Gearss View Post
    And there's a Ranger Student, SEAL candidate, CAG selectee, out there wondering if they'll make it! There are 54K combat arms troops in harms way in OEF/OIF, wondering if its their last day/night on this earth. And you're complaining about some stateside sleep, C'mon Smoky!!!

I think you could complain about something else than going to a range in the wee hours of the morning! Lucky you're not doing reverse cycle training for a month, on Zulu time, etc. I could go on and on.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Easy there killer, I can bitch about what I want to because I've been there twice, getting ready to reenlist and more than likely will be back over a few more times unless I stay here. So don't take everything I say so seriously, I'm a grunt and have been to Fallujah and Ramadi and have had no sleep for days and have lost close friends, and know what it's like to be in harms way, and most of those mother fers over there aren't even close to nor will ever see combat. Those fags that you see on tv at those USO concerts are just on vacation watching free concerts because the real men dont have time to be filmed watching gay concerts because they are out patroling and actually working the streets. But it's not to mention you have a better chance of losing your life here in the states right now then you do being over there, so chill there killer and slow your roll, I don't need this pep talk bs over some faggot a$$ seal or ranger bs wondering if he'll make it, if he's wondering then there is a serious problem, it shouldn't be a question of if he'll make, it should be a question of what the hell he's going to do first once he does make it.

Tungsten Gray
    2006 Mustang GT

Underway i wake up around 0400-0430 every morning and hit my rack around 0100 the next day... but i get some wierd satisfaction out of it..... GOTTA LOVE IT....

D
    Last edited by supadavez28; 04-13-2008 at 02:29 AM.

Black
    , 2007 CBR600RR

I am in Ramadi Iraq right now... its so calm here I dont think its going to be my last day alive... anyway

CLS checking in.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    Easy there killer, I can bitch about what I want to because I've been there twice, getting ready to reenlist and more than likely will be back over a few more times unless I stay here. So don't take everything I say so seriously, I'm a grunt and have been to Fallujah and Ramadi and have had no sleep for days and have lost close friends, and know what it's like to be in harms way, and most of those mother fers over there aren't even close to nor will ever see combat. Those fags that you see on tv at those USO concerts are just on vacation watching free concerts because the real men dont have time to be filmed watching gay concerts because they are out patroling and actually working the streets. But it's not to mention you have a better chance of losing your life here in the states right now then you do being over there, so chill there killer and slow your roll, I don't need this pep talk bs over some faggot a$$ seal or ranger bs wondering if he'll make it, if he's wondering then there is a serious problem, it shouldn't be a question of if he'll make, it should be a question of what the hell he's going to do first once he does make it.

Black n Black

Quote Originally Posted by state69champ View Post
    I am in Ramadi Iraq right now... its so calm here I dont think its going to be my last day alive... anyway

CLS checking in.
    Haha, dude..... I was there with 1/6 a little over a year ago. We built 17th St Security Station, OP Firecracker, the OP outside the hosipital, Quatana, Police Substation... When I was there it was almost suicide to go anywhere north of OP VA and the Gov Center. We were getting attacked 70-80 times a week no joke when we first got there, we got extended there so we were there for a total of 9 months, those last 3 months we only got hit once. I'm so glad to hear it's still that calm. Just goes to show the work that's being done over there.

Black n Black

Quote Originally Posted by supadavez28 View Post
    Underway i wake up around 0400-0430 every morning and hit my rack around 0100 the next day... but i get some wierd satisfaction out of it..... GOTTA LOVE IT....

D
    Man I would much rather be in Iraq or the Ghan any day of the week over Japan. Never been there but the stories I hear, I'll pass.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    I wouldn't trade my 6 years for anything.

I got to do, see, and experience some amazing things that I would have NEVER encountered in civilian life. Good things.

One thing I've noticed though, is that the longer it's been since I was in the service, the more I remember the really cool stuff and the more I forget the stuff that really sucked.

Except for the 2 week ORI in Biloxi MS during August wearing CW gear.

I remember that one clearly because it was just before my re-enlistment was due.

I said thanks, but no thanks
    Very true .. Especially if you went overseas ..How many regular civilians get to see any of the Asian countries ...

Thread Information