Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar

Unhappy Got pulled over tonight and it was UGLY.

Well we all make mistakes, and in no way shape or form am I justifying my actions and stupidity but I figured I would share. I've had my car back on the road now for about 3 days, I saved up lots of money and built a new motor for it complete with a sweet heads and cam, and a 3200 stall. As I'm leaving the coffe shop to take a friend home, I decided to give a demonstration for all the guys sitting in the parking lot. Bad move. A little bit up the road sure enough there was a cop sitting there, who probably caught and heard me right in the middle of it. I'm talking completly sideways exhaust roaring tires smoking, I gave it the works. Sure enough he pulled a U turn, and stoped me. I pull over shut the car off, and hand him all of my information. He started yelling at me, and called for a tow truck. Next thing I know more officers are showing up, checking out the car, and doing their thing. At this point, calm but upset I preparing for the worst. He then later comes back with my stuff and asks me what I do, replying with I'm a student studying to work with the DA and a security gaurd, and wanted to work as a police officer this year, all in which are true.

He then starts going on about the car, stating sarcastically that it was nice, and he was apparently impressed with the wheels and condition, perhaps to make me feel bad about the tow truck that was comming to haul it away as I'm guessing at this point. He asked me why he shouldn't cite me. I replyed with, "well sir, I've been upfront with you since you've pulled me over. I admitted that my actions were in fact uncalled for and worthless. If you cite me with the list that I know you could get me for, I'll no longer be able to drive to school and persue my career in the legal field". He then informed me that with a criminal record, your career plans are over, which I told him in an dissappointed voice, "I know". He let me go, but now I'm on real thin ice in my town. He told me if he catches me doing anything stupid again, that the car is getting impounded, and he's nailing me with all the citations he could have given me.

So lucky? You would say yes. To be completly honest I really don't know what made him change his mind about giving me all those tickets. Perhaps he knew I was being honest, I don't know. I feel bad, like I deserved worse, but really I don't know what to make of it. I don't feel lucky, I don't feel cocky that I got let go, I feel like I let myself down and should have known better. Right now I'm taking it as a lesson learned, and don't do it again. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and will straightin up my act. Somebody was watchin over me tonight I guess.
    1995 Camaro Z-28
    Black/Neutral|A4 GU5
    Modifications:
    Borla, MAC Mid's, SLP Level 1 Suspension with Prokit, SLP STB, SLP CAI, 1LE Elbow,Phillips HID, Advanced Induction 180cc Heads/224 Cam,Built 355, Yank 3200

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

You got lucky, so just rack it up as a lesson learned and go on with your life. I don't thik it is in anyway necessary, but if you feel real bad, you could write him a letter

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent View Post
    You got lucky, so just rack it up as a lesson learned and go on with your life. I don't thik it is in anyway necessary, but if you feel real bad, you could write him a letter
    good idea... be nice to the cop for cutting you a break, now i understand you weren't really trying anyhting too stupid like putting other people in harms way, but yeah jsut take it as a lesson learned and be more careful next time... man im so scared of shit like that you have no idea... i barely speed anymore.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

He was just jerking you around. He can't go back and retroactively charge you shit you did earlier. Just be cool.

What was he planning on charing you with? Wreckless driving?

1986 mustang

You Are very lucky!!

I'd get the officer a gift certificate for a years supply of donuts.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

you are very lucky man.. in most states an exibition of power or speed is a misdemeanor. I would know seeing as I have a court date set up right now because I got arrested and my car impounded 2 weeks ago for a race against a charger which only went from 30 mph to 55 mph in a 45 zone...

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN N View Post
    You Are very lucky!!

I'd get the officer a gift certificate for a years supply of donuts.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

oh my god... dude, can you send me some spit? maybe a jar of pee i need some of that luck!

Black
    99 SS

man i think you should of just ran from him??

no but seriously man, your lucky just dont get cought next time, cause you know that you will do it again

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You learned a valuable lesson for a cheap price. Trick is now....did you really learn? We all light em up from time to time. But I choose my time and places very carefully. Don't ever forget...driving a muscle car is like being the best looking girl with the biggest titties at school. You aint gotta show em to everybody...they know already you got em....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow...sarge....just wow.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    ...Don't ever forget...driving a muscle car is like being the best looking girl with the biggest titties at school. You aint gotta show em to everybody...they know already you got em....
    i need to meet up w/this guy!

i caught my 'lucky' break to speak when i got pulled out of my car at gun point by 3 cop cars and charged w/exhibition off acceleration, driving to fast for conditions, and flee/elude law enforcement. I was arrested, processed, and went to trail after pleading not guilty. I was given diversion, completed it and met my requirements for probation, and the violations and arrest never hit my insurance or driving record. Did i learn, yes i did. this is in my old 95z28 back in 2002 when I was still in college. To this day, I still have no tickets, no wrecks. Been pulled over plenty of times, but not since that happened. Sometimes I think it was the wake up call I needed. Like Sarge said, pick your battles, your time and place...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL....I'll be in Addison Thursday and Friday.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Maybe its just the area i live in, but im able to fuckoff on the rd quite a bit and not get into any trouble.

the one time i did get pulled over, the cop pulled me over to talk about the car and how he had a CETA at home himself.... we now cruise around once in a while together....

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Shoulda told him to jump in his Crown Vic and go for a run.....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Don't sweat it. You're 20. When I was 20 I was doing stupid stuff too just like everyone here. Actually, showing out isn't really that stupid. I have some stuff that would trump that by a long shot.

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie View Post
    What was he planning on charing you with? Wreckless driving?
    He could have charged me with Wreckless, which according to him is an automatic 6 month suspension if convicted. A noise ordinance cause it was a little past midnight I did it. My registration wasan't signed because I forgot to have my mom sign it, the car is in her name. And there was somethin else, I don't remember. Plus the added fee's of getting my car towed and he was going to call my parents. All in which I couldn't afford.

I gotta say, this cop sounded like a total dick, had a bad day at work, and you were the last guy he ran into during his shift.

Sure, driving like an idiot around town is stupid, but if you don't hit any other cars, I don't give a shit what you do.

NBM
    99 TA

he probably let you go because he didn't actually see you do it... he probably just heard the tires squeeling and then saw your car come down the road

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information