Leaving for Lackland soon

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Exclamation Got my Job drop...

Well, I enlisted in the AF and have been waiting to get my job and find out my ship date.... well i got it today... the job im supposed to have is 2A3X2 (F-16, F-117, RQ-1, CV-22 Avionic Systems) and i ship 25 July, 2006.... shitty month to go to Texas, its going to be hot as a MOFO... anyway just thought id share since im excitded about it....

that is all.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by foshizl
    Well, I enlisted in the AF and have been waiting to get my job and find out my ship date.... well i got it today... the job im supposed to have is 2A3X2 (F-16, F-117, RQ-1, CV-22 Avionic Systems) and i ship 25 July, 2006.... shitty month to go to Texas, its going to be hot as a MOFO... anyway just thought id share since im excitded about it....

that is all.
    Have fun in basic....remember don't volunter for anything.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Congrats. An aviation job is a good field to be into. They are always going to be planes to get a job when you get out. Try to get your A&P liscense before you get out.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Thanks guys... as far as the A&P, i kinda want to focus more on the electonics portion of aviation... so im sure A&P wouldnt hurt, but i guess thats not what im really interested in. im pursuing a BSEE so that should get me where i want to be.
    2000 Black Camaro Z28 - !Cags, Spec Stage 3 clutch, Drill Mod, Smooth Bellows, High Flow Lid, Free Ram Air Mod, 150 Wet Shot Cold Fusion Nitrous

N/A 333rwhp 340 RWTQ
    N20 476RWHP 493RWT (Finally got it tuned)
    http://www.dakotafbodies.com

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Thanks guys... as far as the A&P, i kinda want to focus more on the electonics portion of aviation... so im sure A&P wouldnt hurt, but i guess thats not what im really interested in. im pursuing a BSEE so that should get me where i want to be.
    That will work too but in the A&P field they have avi mechs or get on as a Tech at a local base, but normally you have to be in the National Guard once you get out for those jobs. I was in the aviation field when I was in the Corps and I'm back into the National Guard with the same job. That fiels gives you tons of options. Good Luck.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

that is all.
    I went to basic around the same time your going. It was prety damn hot. You will be waking up around 3:30AM to do most of your PT because its "black flag" there anytime after 12. Just remember its all a game and they are breaking you down from a civilian into military. The painfullness of your stay there is going to be determined largly on how much you stand out the first week or 2 that you are there. Don't get into any troubble, dont do anything stupid (Like sneak food in the dorm). Dont stand out at all. The only job there half way worth having is dorm chief, they do get yelled at alot but in the end are treated the best because he is the TI's right hand man. Element leaders get craped on, house mouse is your tattle tail and also sabotages the group so figure out who that is quick, chow runner gets chewd at every meal, everyone hates the door gaurd monitor (schedules people to pull door gaurd). Basically volunteer to be a bed aligner, shoe aligner, or part of the latrine crew. Latrine Queen is not that bad unless you have a crew thats really bad at cleaning the latrine.

I am also an Avionics Troop. I am a 2A011C (about to become a 2A031C soon after I graduate tech school). Its Avionics Back Shop Sensor Systems. I work on Targeting and Navigation pods.

You will prety much follow the same path I did. You will go to basic. Graduate and go to Keesler AFB in Mississippi. You will take a class called Electronic Principles which is basically a crash corse on basic electronics. You will learn in 3 months what most learn in a year in collage. Its really hard if you have no electronics backround like I did. I struggled but managed to stay on top of it and get out with a 92% average. Its mainly a washout course. If you can not understand the basic principles of electronics they don't want you to move on to the next course. You will have another course commonly referd to as "sets". You will be sent to Sheppard AFB TX for about 4 months. It really sucks here. You will actually be in the same squadron im in right now. The building is extreemly old. After being in Keesler AFB you will hate this place. At keesler you have 1 or 2 other roomates and you share 2 sinks and a bathroom/shower. Its really nice, they renovated alot of the buildings at keesler. When you get here you will live in the 365th squadron (Birds of Prey) dorm. I forget what squadron it is in keesler. I think its the 332nd at keesler (called the MAD DOGS). But here at sheppard the building is easily 30-40 years old. Rooms are a decent size but you will live out of wall lockers kinda like in basic but alot more room and they are wooden. At keesler you actually have a large closet to put all your stuff in. Here its a small locker so dont buy a ton of stuff at keesler. The showers are open showers. 4 showers per floor and are community showers. They have mold and crap growing in them.. uckkkk!!! They take up more of your free time here at sheppard than they do at keesler. Here you will learn more specifically your job. Its more or less on the job training. I think its alot harder than Electronics Principles because you have to memorize alot more stuff.

I am about a month from graduating. I will be leaving here and heading over to South Korea for 2 years. I signed a contract that extended my leave there for a year for an additional $300 a month.

If you have any questions dont hessitate to pm me or catch me on AOL. Capster78 is my screen name. Good luck. Oh, and here is a really helpfull sight that will give you some good info on basic training. Pass it on to your family and let them read it so they will be prepared.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airfo...n/a/afbmt1.htm

One more thing id like to add. This is by far the hardest thing I have had to do my entire life. Im not sure if it was because I joined at such a late age and was use to civilian life or what. Just be prepared for a challange.
    Last edited by Capster78; 03-03-2006 at 02:41 PM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Air force basic is like high school PE...

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    I will be leaving here and heading over to South Korea for 2 years. I signed a contract that extended my leave there for a year for an additional $300 a month.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    Cant be that bad. Iv lived in the phillipines for a few years and Im told its alot like that. Plus ill have plenty of mod money when I get back . Hello 402

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Exclamation

Funny thing is id bet more than 60% of the general population could not pass the Air Force standard fitness test.

[/QUOTE]

Mexican killed my car

Plus ill have plenty of mod money when I get back . Hello 402
    Not if you drink it all away or spend it on juicies

I've never been there but i've heard about 2 million stories.

Binjo ditches.....Dui's for being drunk on a skateboard.....being in a gas mask non-stop....Sounds fun to me.

Mexican killed my car

Funny thing is id bet more than 60% of the general population could not pass the Air Force standard fitness test.

I'd say more than that couldn't pass it. It's not hard, but you can't be a couch potato and think you're going to pass it.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Not if you drink it all away or spend it on juicies

I've never been there but i've heard about 2 million stories.

Binjo ditches.....Dui's for being drunk on a skateboard.....being in a gas mask non-stop....Sounds fun to me.
    Maybe if I was 18..19..20... and stupid. Other than that, I think ill be able to control myself.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I'd say more than that couldn't pass it. It's not hard, but you can't be a couch potato and think you're going to pass it.
    Im 27 and still managed a 9:57 1 1/2 mile run, 70 pushups and 68 situps in 2 minutes. This is after siting on my ass working retail and eating out of snack machines for 9 years lol.

Mexican killed my car

Im 27 and still managed a 9:57 1 1/2 mile run, 70 pushups and 68 situps in 2 minutes. This is after siting on my ass working retail and eating out of snack machines for 9 years lol.
    It was a bitch for me because i've always been a heavy smoker. I always sucked at pushups too. I could throw out a shitload of sit-ups though. That saved my ass more than once.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

It took me probably 4 months of preperation before basic to get down to that. I remember the first few times I decided to go out joging I ran for about 5 minutes and about keeld over and died lol.

Mexican killed my car

It took me probably 4 months of preperation before basic to get down to that. I remember the first few times I decided to go out joging I ran for about 5 minutes and about keeld over and died lol.
    I should have practiced before i came in. I forgot what my first time in basic was....but it was bad. I wasn't the last guy done running, but i sure as fuck wasn't the first.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

nice. Thanks for the info Capster and the rest of you... ive been working out and running for a couple weeks now, so hopefully i can get in better running shape... i can do the pushups and situps no problem, but like you said Capster, the first time i said i was going to go running, i ran for about 5 minutes and almost died lol

Thread Information