Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Got a laugh at the Ford dealership yesterday

So like most Sundays it's either do chores or be lazy and do jack shit, well, since it was so nice outside I said the hell with them both and went riding around in the Z. For some odd reason I like ridng through dealerships just looking to see what they have, maybe hoping for a deal on something. I end up at the Ford dealer which is a Roush dealer, thought, hell I'll look at some mustangs and see what there bringing. Sure enough this little dickhead salesman comes running out of the building, you guys know all about that I'm sure. Like a two year old running after a piece of candy. He saw I was driving a camaro and made a comment that I thought was funny, " Are you wanting to trade that camaro for a real muscle car? " I just kinda looked at him, Hell no, just looking at some stangs. So we look at a few and procede to the Roush lineup. Those 06 Roush's are nice looking mustangs but what got me was the $41,000.00 price tag for a stage one. He said, " I guarantee these cars have more power than that camaro, these are bad ass. "
    O.k., he was really getting on my nerves by that point. So I take this " Roush " on a test drive, it's a peppy car, sounds great and drives good. Cool, but it's still a stock GT with a body kit and wheels. Basically I wasn't impressed. He kept going on on how these new mustangs were the hottest thing since Pamela Anderson and that the new concept camaro would still be inferior. I mean this guy was obnoxious. We get back and he asks what I thought, well, I looked him straight in the face and said, " This car sucks ass for forty grand, think I'll keep my money and go to the chevy dealer where they make real muscle cars. I hurt this idiots feelings, told him how I've smoked at least three of these new GT's in my old 98 Z-28. His reply was that they didn't know how to drive! I said, well, can YOU drive? He said yes so I proceeded to tell him to line that Roush up next to my camaro at the light and if he beat me then I'd sign the paperwork and drive it home right then. He backed out and made up some excuses so I left. Not bashing mustangs at all, just the salesman. Was an amusing evening

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i of this thread. good story.

reminds me of when zboner and I looked at a CE trapped in a dodge dealership...some young punk came out like "our srt2 will smoke a camaro" so i took it for a drive and broke the shifter.

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i of this thread. good story.

reminds me of when zboner and I looked at a CE trapped in a dodge dealership...some young punk came out like "our srt2 will smoke a camaro" so i took it for a drive and broke the shifter.
    That reminds me of when i went to a dodge dealer in texas when the SRT4's came out and wanted to test drive one. The sales guy wouldn't let me drive it because "it was to fast" nevermind the fact i pulled into the dealership with my LS1 Z28. I pointed out my car to him and he said that it didn't matter because those neons spank vettes all the time and my camaro "is no vette".

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ignorance is so aggrevating

Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    ignorance is so aggrevating
    You got that right. I couldn't even think of how to respond to that guy. It was like my brain just blew a stupid fuse.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

this is a reason why we invented trepidation...

Black
    99 SS

yea them sure vetts are fast

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz
    this is a reason why we invented trepidation...
    true or false...i looked up the word trepidation for it's meaning.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Makes you wonder where these dealerships find these fine salesmen. I thought it was funny too, guess he felt like an idiot

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

seriously though. If i was selling any kinda car, i wouldn't harp on a person's original car! that's a sure way to get them turned off. I'd only make fun of their old car if they did, ya know, read the signals. I would never BS a person like that. Proly why i wouldn't make it as a salesman.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1
    So like most Sundays it's either do chores or be lazy and do jack shit, well, since it was so nice outside I said the hell with them both and went riding around in the Z. For some odd reason I like ridng through dealerships just looking to see what they have, maybe hoping for a deal on something. I end up at the Ford dealer which is a Roush dealer, thought, hell I'll look at some mustangs and see what there bringing. Sure enough this little dickhead salesman comes running out of the building, you guys know all about that I'm sure. Like a two year old running after a piece of candy. He saw I was driving a camaro and made a comment that I thought was funny, " Are you wanting to trade that camaro for a real muscle car? " I just kinda looked at him, Hell no, just looking at some stangs. So we look at a few and procede to the Roush lineup. Those 06 Roush's are nice looking mustangs but what got me was the $41,000.00 price tag for a stage one. He said, " I guarantee these cars have more power than that camaro, these are bad ass. "
    O.k., he was really getting on my nerves by that point. So I take this " Roush " on a test drive, it's a peppy car, sounds great and drives good. Cool, but it's still a stock GT with a body kit and wheels. Basically I wasn't impressed. He kept going on on how these new mustangs were the hottest thing since Pamela Anderson and that the new concept camaro would still be inferior. I mean this guy was obnoxious. We get back and he asks what I thought, well, I looked him straight in the face and said, " This car sucks ass for forty grand, think I'll keep my money and go to the chevy dealer where they make real muscle cars. I hurt this idiots feelings, told him how I've smoked at least three of these new GT's in my old 98 Z-28. His reply was that they didn't know how to drive! I said, well, can YOU drive? He said yes so I proceeded to tell him to line that Roush up next to my camaro at the light and if he beat me then I'd sign the paperwork and drive it home right then. He backed out and made up some excuses so I left. Not bashing mustangs at all, just the salesman. Was an amusing evening
    That is great!!! I wish he would've taken you up on the offer!!!

you teh salzman

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1
    "... This car sucks ass for forty grand, think I'll keep my money and go to the chevy dealer where they make real muscle cars..."
    and what muscle cars would those be? Used SS'es and Z28s?
    great story though, enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Car salesmen.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

not to be a dick but theres dealers in this country that are open on sundays? i know the dealers i have worked at arent. yes the stage 1 is a rip off for 40 grand, it does the same 13.5 a stock gt does. but the supercharged roush is pretty f'in quick. u just pay. only rich snobs by tuner mustangs though. your always better off buying an svt or building one up yourself. and another ques, what muscle cars does the chevy dealer sell? are you cross shopping a mustang with a vette? thats a sports car is it not. do you consider the cobalt ss a muscle car?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    That reminds me of when i went to a dodge dealer in texas when the SRT4's came out and wanted to test drive one. The sales guy wouldn't let me drive it because "it was to fast" nevermind the fact i pulled into the dealership with my LS1 Z28. I pointed out my car to him and he said that it didn't matter because those neons spank vettes all the time and my camaro "is no vette".

I never understood the logic behind not being able to test drive a vehicle because its "Too expensive or fast" then why am i going to buy the damn thing?

Also how do they sale any damn cars if thy have no idea what they are talking about.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

they are just waiting to tell that bullshit to someone who doesnt know anything about muscle cars, surely not any of us

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger
    not to be a dick but theres dealers in this country that are open on sundays? i know the dealers i have worked at arent. ?
    We have plenty of dealers open on Sundays in the greater Ciny area.

Lori

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Here too.

DisCrete
    I felt soo good reading this post, I had to go hug my chevy impala SS... while it's no camaro... it's still a chevy

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger
    not to be a dick but theres dealers in this country that are open on sundays? i know the dealers i have worked at arent. yes the stage 1 is a rip off for 40 grand, it does the same 13.5 a stock gt does. but the supercharged roush is pretty f'in quick. u just pay. only rich snobs by tuner mustangs though. your always better off buying an svt or building one up yourself. and another ques, what muscle cars does the chevy dealer sell? are you cross shopping a mustang with a vette? thats a sports car is it not. do you consider the cobalt ss a muscle car?

Hmm, Yeah, the cobalt is the baddest thing out there. The comment was reffering to GM vehicles in General such as a GTO, hell, the Monte Carlo SS would be a better choice for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information