Gopro- who has em?

I'm going to a track rental on the 8th and will be the first time spraying at the track. (Yes...a long, long time in coming). Before you get your hopes up, I'm probably going to run out of gear since the 4.11s are still in there. Anyway...do any of you have Gopro video cameras? If so...what do you have? I was looking at the Gopro Motorsports Hero, Hero 2, etc

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    I'm going to a track rental on the 8th and will be the first time spraying at the track. (Yes...a long, long time in coming). Before you get your hopes up, I'm probably going to run out of gear since the 4.11s are still in there. Anyway...do any of you have Gopro video cameras? If so...what do you have? I was looking at the Gopro Motorsports Hero, Hero 2, etc
    I've got a hero 2...whats up? I have used it for dirtbikes, jet ski's, etc...havent bolted one into a car yet.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

I'll take a look at that one then. Just want something good to attach to the car at the track.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I got the Hero3. Great system so far. Need a decent size memory card 32gb or 64gb best. I had a GoPro thread here around Christmas, must have dropped off.

Will (98TransAmWs-6) I think sells them.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 05-15-2014 at 06:27 AM.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I'll take a look at that one then. Just want something good to attach to the car at the track.
    i've had mine for a little over a year now and I love it...might want to look at comparing the 2 and the 3. 3 might be worth the extra $$...I dont know anything about the 3 lol I bought the 2 and never looked back.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I do sell them and all of the accessories as well. I personally would get the Hero 3+ Black edition as it is the best one out there now and it is not much more than the previous versions and the quality of the video is astounding. They sell a car mount with a suction cup that I have used and gone over 150 mph without it budging a bit. If you have any questions about them feel free to ask away. Let me see if I can find some videos with my 3 black edition to post up. I don't have a 3+ but it is essentially an improved version of the 3 black edition.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 05-15-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Navy Blue Metallic

Not sure with all the Hero 3's but I do know the white & black versions you can operate them with your smart phone with their app. It's great becasue you can turn on and record with out getting out the car.

They also have a ton of accessories for just about any environment you are planning on operating in.

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I do sell them and all of the accessories as well. I personally would get the Hero 3+ Black edition as it is the best one out there now and it is not much more than the previous versions and the quality of the video is astounding. They sell a car mount with a suction cup that I have used and gone over 150 mph without it budging a bit. If you have any questions about them feel free to ask away. Let me see if I can find some videos with my 3 black edition to post up. I don't have a 3+ but it is essentially an improved version of the 3 black edition.
    Cool, how much?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Not sure with all the Hero 3's but I do know the white & black versions you can operate them with your smart phone with their app. It's great becasue you can turn on and record with out getting out the car.

They also have a ton of accessories for just about any environment you are planning on operating in.
    That's a pretty awesome feature. Uses blue tooth?

Navy Blue Metallic

IIRC you create a mini wifi area thru the app with your cell and it links to the phone.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I have a gopro 3. I don't know if the 2 has wifi. But i always use my Android phone to control it. So much easier than the small screen on the camera.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Cool, how much?
    I sell the hero 3+ black edition for $399.95. PM me for more details. I would suggest getting the extended battery pack and the car mount as well, that is what I have and it works really well. I also sell filters for glare for the go pro as well.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 05-16-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I have the original Hero and got the wifi kit for it. Got the motorsports kit with the suction kit and it works great. Awesome video quality and it's the older one, sound is so so.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

At Black Friday I got the surf edition and havent used it. Was going to ask about the battery life. What about get generic head straps and things like that? What is the difference between what I got and the black+? I stuck a micro sd card in it and isnt recognized. Does it have to be formatted in a special format? Ok just did a google and even more confused. There is

White
    Silver
    Silver 3 +
    Black
    Black 3
    Black 3+
    Last edited by redls1; 05-19-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Thread Information