navy blue metallic
    1999 Camaro SS

GM's competition

Does anyone else feel that half of GM's problems are who they consider their main competition? I for one would never buy a Toyota and don't want a GM car that looks/drivers like one. AKA, the idea of covering up a cheap stamped steel wheel with a plastic cover that looks like an aluminum rim. Toyotas have done this for years, GM just more recently. That hits me as being deceiving. Also this hybrid crap...why on earth? What a waste of money. There isn't a car company on earth that couldn't put a diesel in one of those same cars for less money, get near the same economy and be MUCH more reliable. I think they should focus more on competing with the German automakers. Make a car tight and handle decent..spend a little more money on the shock absorbers..and well every other hidden item they go cheap on that you don't notice until you've owned the car a year or so. That's the end of my rant...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by leet View Post
    Does anyone else feel that half of GM's problems are who they consider their main competition? I for one would never buy a Toyota and don't want a GM car that looks/drivers like one. AKA, the idea of covering up a cheap stamped steel wheel with a plastic cover that looks like an aluminum rim. Toyotas have done this for years, GM just more recently. That hits me as being deceiving. Also this hybrid crap...why on earth? What a waste of money. There isn't a car company on earth that couldn't put a diesel in one of those same cars for less money, get near the same economy and be MUCH more reliable. I think they should focus more on competing with the German automakers. Make a car tight and handle decent..spend a little more money on the shock absorbers..and well every other hidden item they go cheap on that you don't notice until you've owned the car a year or so. That's the end of my rant...
    No its the UAW

navy blue metallic
    1999 Camaro SS

hahaha the UAW? what difference does it make if part of the profit gets spread amongst more people? I would think a happier worker would probably make a better car. note the U.S. isn't the only country with unions.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

hahaha the UAW? what difference does it make if part of the profit gets spread amongst more people? I would think a happier worker would probably make a better car. note the U.S. isn't the only country with unions.
    happier worker?? where have you been..you see the benifits and wages those workers made??? fuck that ...we should have been getting cars that would last 100 years without as much as a creak if that was the case

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It makes a big difference.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Considering that BMW and Mercedes combined had only ~25% of the sales Toyota had in the U.S. in 2008, I’d say that most people find Toyota adequate to fill their transportation wants.

It is not like GM doesn’t target the Germans, look at what Cadillac is doing. But Chevy’s main competition is now and will be for a long time Toyota.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Considering that BMW and Mercedes combined had only ~25% of the sales Toyota had in the U.S. in 2008, I’d say that most people find Toyota adequate to fill their transportation wants.

It is not like GM doesn’t target the Germans, look at what Cadillac is doing. But Chevy’s main competition is now and will be for a long time Toyota.
    corolla >gm

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm anti-import as that's not a big secret but I could think of much larger things to complain about than the wheel covers. Ever heard of hub caps? They used to be on pretty much every American made car out there. Just an easy way of covering up an ugly ass wheel.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Welp since the UAW demands so much money for the fender hangers GM has to cut costs somewhere else now don't they. Since not only do they have to make a product of competing quality but have to be competively priced as well. Since Toyota is smart and doesn't allow the UAW in their plants its no wonder who's using the nicer little fasteners and such you don't see but hear down the road

What difference is there between the badge GM and any other car on the planet. I own a Toyota Highlander, a Subaru Legacy, and until just recently a 2000 Pontiac Formula. Out of those 3 cars, GM at one time owned at least 2 of them. Through the last 15 years GM wasn't a car company it was a car company purchaser. How could it possible have a vision on the cars it should build when it hadn't decided on what cars it wanted to own yet. Also every car manufacturer puts out their base model with cheap wheel covers if you don't option up. The reason you see less of it now is because most dealers realized they could make a better profit by optioning all cars on the lot with dealer add ons.

Thread Information