Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give me Advice on tvs pleaseeee!!

I have a projection with dlp the stupid bulb has blown twice in that time at the tune of 450 per bulb. Im just sick of it so I want either a lcd or a plasma Im leaning towards a 50 inch LG I know it only has one hdmi but ican live with it. They say it has a life of 60,000 hours plasma. I need help does anyone have this type of tv?? the guy takes trades he said he will trade my projection for a 50 inch plasma lg for $2580 thts tax included plus delivery of new tv and pick up of old one?? what the heck should I do??

Red
    1998 SS

dont know if u know this, but if u play any video games on it, stick to lcd's, plasma burns images on the screen with video games. if u dont play games, then plasma seems to give little better color and picture quality....my .02

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Agreed, stay away from plasmas. LCD's are getting better, I saw some Sonys and Samsungs I liked. But it eventually comes down to this: We need HDTV in order to make the flatscreens look as good as our old tubes did...
    (I got that from a TV engineer). If you wanna go flat, take LCD. Otherwise: Get a second hand tube and wait another one year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by redz284u View Post
    dont know if u know this, but if u play any video games on it, stick to lcd's, plasma burns images on the screen with video games. if u dont play games, then plasma seems to give little better color and picture quality....my .02
    I think that the burn-in issue is actually only a problem on the earlier plasmas. The ones made in the last year or two protect it against it from what I've read. I use a newer one at work that displays the same computer screens most of the day and it's been working flawlessly. Do some reading on the specific plasma's that you're considering and I'm willing to bet that it will list burn-in prevention as a feature.

I've got a 50" LCD at home that's been very good to me as well.

I feel for ya man...For what I spent on my TV, I'd hate to have to replace it for the next 10 years at the earliest.

Found this:

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...tv-burnin.html

disclaimer: I'm not for or against plamsa, just providing some info.

I have a LCD so I'm biased

I didnt know they make 50 inch lcds ?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by burnout View Post
    I didnt know they make 50 inch lcds ?
    Yep. They're getting bigger and bigger every day

Red
    1998 SS

Quote Originally Posted by my5thNewUsernameHere View Post
    Found this:

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...tv-burnin.html

disclaimer: I'm not for or against plamsa, just providing some info.
    man, i wish i woulda had that info a month ago. i just bought me a 50" hdtv 1080p plasma along with ps3. needless to say, i hooked them both up and went at it for 8 straight hours . after the first use i had burn-in image. so then i disconected the ps3 and just watched regular programing, and it went away with in a week. since, i have turned the image shift on and it seems to help, but still get some burn-in. for what i paid, i wish i woulda gone the extra grand and got me a lcd just for the peace of mind. but i do love the picture sharpness and quality of my display. i guess im gonna wait to see when the 50" lcd's become a little more affordable and then ill have the plasma in my bedroom, and the lcd in the livingroom .
    Last edited by redz284u; 01-18-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I do not gaym on my TV but imo LCD's are for computer moniters and Plasma's are for tv screens esp. when watching HDTV channels.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i have a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV 1080p, and it's freaking awesome. I picked it up from Best Buy for abouy $700 less than what it sells for. One sale, then 10% off and then another 10% off cause they FUBAR'd my payment for it...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by burnout View Post
    I have a projection with dlp the stupid bulb has blown twice in that time at the tune of 450 per bulb. Im just sick of it so I want either a lcd or a plasma Im leaning towards a 50 inch LG I know it only has one hdmi but ican live with it. They say it has a life of 60,000 hours plasma. I need help does anyone have this type of tv?? the guy takes trades he said he will trade my projection for a 50 inch plasma lg for $2580 thts tax included plus delivery of new tv and pick up of old one?? what the heck should I do??
    Dude you can get a hitatchi 55 inch plasma for 2500 bucks at bestbuy, make the dlp a bedroom tv, that what I'm going to do because my sammy dlp bulb has already blown once, it was covered under warranty, the new bulb has been doing fine just as bright as the day it has been installed, you know certain such as turning the tv on and off and then on again can decrease the bulb life because of the temperature of it overheating.........anyway 450 a bulb
    you must have a mits dlp my sammy bulbs are $180

Well after a 600 dollar rebate and 750 dollars for my broken rca scenium projection i ended up getting a 50 inch plasma for 1850 out the door and so far i think the picture quality is awesome it is a LG did i get a decent deal or did i get hosed in your opinion tell it to me straight im gonna go lcd in a few years but not just now what you all think???

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I was in Walmart the other day and saw... I think it was a 52 inch LCD or seomthing, for about 1800 or so

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I bought the 40 inch LCD Samsung also. No complaints at all. Out the door for 1500 something. Not bad. You cant go wrong with a Samsung.

I have a Sharp LCD. Bought for it durability and quality. I owned Hitachi and Samsung, and both crapped out on me. For me only and I don't know about anybody else, but anything Samsung turned to crap, so I stay away from Samsung. Sony is to expensive for LCD and Pioneer is way out there, but their picture quality is the best hands down IMO.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I have a 52in Plazma by Panasonic....it has REALLY GOOD picture when its in high def....but on reg TV its kinda pixelated......i would by a HD non flat screen if you dont watch a whole lot of HD....they are really clear when off HD

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

I have a 50" LG Plasma and I play games and I have yet to have any burn in problems.

Best Buy is selling 50" LG Plasma's right now wih built-in DVR's for about $2100.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Ive only had mine for 3 weeks but it has a 2 year warrenty on burns etc

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    I have a 50" LG Plasma and I play games and I have yet to have any burn in problems.

Best Buy is selling 50" LG Plasma's right now wih built-in DVR's for about $2100.
    LG is a very good brand. More $, but the quality is there. Parents got a 37 LG 1080p LCD. Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information