Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra

Girlfriend didn't co-sign for auto loan...

ok, unlike the other thread, this is a serious one. I just want to know how you would feel and what would you do if you were in my situation.

Me and my gf (both 25) have been together for 1 year. been living together for 6 months and before we moved in together, i co-signed for her for a car she wanted. because i loved her and she really wanted it.

yesterday i needed her to cosign for me to get a longer term on a loan (i was already approved with a good rate alone) and she said that she didnt want to. today i told her that i am glad that you were there for me just like i was there for you when u bought a car and she said that it was a rush and she wasnt available to do it. i told her that we have time till monday and she said that she didnt want to and she didnt feel comfortable with it.

Just an FYI, i am a professional who has been with the same job for 2,5 years and make ok to live and have a high 600s credit score. very clean cut individual. this weakened my relationship a lot. i dont even think i want to be with her after knowing that she wouldnt help me because she didnt trust me or something even though i helped her. so what do you think?

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Musclefan21 View Post
    ok, unlike the other thread, this is a serious one. I just want to know how you would feel and what would you do if you were in my situation.

Me and my gf (both 25) have been together for 1 year. been living together for 6 months and before we moved in together, i co-signed for her for a car she wanted. because i loved her and she really wanted it.

yesterday i needed her to cosign for me to get a longer term on a loan (i was already approved with a good rate alone) and she said that she didnt want to. today i told her that i am glad that you were there for me just like i was there for you when u bought a car and she said that it was a rush and she wasnt available to do it. i told her that we have time till monday and she said that she didnt want to and she didnt feel comfortable with it.

Just an FYI, i am a professional who has been with the same job for 2,5 years and make ok to live and have a high 600s credit score. very clean cut individual. this weakened my relationship a lot. i dont even think i want to be with her after knowing that she wouldnt help me because she didnt trust me or something even though i helped her. so what do you think?
    Sounds like she did you a favor, find someone who will back your plays. It's not right for you to help her and then she turns around and gives you the finger. Either she's self centered, only thinking of herself, or she's not in it for the long haul anyway. Get out while you can.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

shouldn't have bought the JennLight

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Dump this bitch.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    shouldn't have bought the JennLight

Sounds like you got yourself a real winner there...

Personally, I wouldn't ever ask anyone to co-sign for me on anything. If you can't afford it on your own, you don't need to be buying it.

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

cosigning on a loan for a bf/gf is a bad idea!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post

Sounds like you got yourself a real winner there...

Personally, I wouldn't ever ask anyone to co-sign for me on anything. If you can't afford it on your own, you don't need to be buying it.
    i could easily afford as i got approved and got a great rate (7% for a used car) but her co-signing would make my monthly payments would about 50 bucks lower which would be badass. if i knew she was gonna give me the middle finger, i would never ask. i was certain she would because i did for her and she tells me how much she loves me all the time... i guess i am a stupid low life who trusts everyone.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Musclefan21 View Post
    i could easily afford as i got approved and got a great rate (7% for a used car) but her co-signing would make my monthly payments would about 50 bucks lower which would be badass. if i knew she was gonna give me the middle finger, i would never ask. i was certain she would because i did for her and she tells me how much she loves me all the time... i guess i am a stupid low life who trusts everyone.
    You're not stupid, but maybe a little naive. Not trying to be a dick at all...

It is NEVER a good idea to co-sign for anything when you are only dating someone.

Everyone "thinks" they are in love with a girl/guy when the relationship is new. Yes, 1 year is still new. The reality is though, you still don't know someone all that well only been dating for this amount of time. You've seen some true colors come out. It's up to you to decide on how you want to handle that moving forward. I know what I would do.

Good luck man.

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

maybe jenn will co-sign for you.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i would love to be a fly on the wall when g/f tells sister that b/f named his sex toy after her.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

why would you need a co-sign?

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post

If you can't afford it on your own, you don't need to be buying it.

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    bad credit would be the only reason i can think of.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

He just fucking said to make the payments lower...jeez

Since she doesn't want to co-sign, then maybe she's afraid of commitment. IDK, ask her about it, then go from there.

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    He just fucking said to make the payments lower...jeez

Since she doesn't want to co-sign, then maybe she's afraid of commitment. IDK, ask her about it, then go from there.
    that doesn't say why he would need a co-signer.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    lower payments. not for approval, i was already approved. her co-signing would get me approved for a longer term. thats it. the deal is done, i bought the car. this is just bugging me and i wanted to get your opinions on it.

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

I would never co-sign for a g/f... you never know when they might not be your g/f.

by the way, our first year annv is on the 17th. i booked a hotel room in chicago downtown. i was gonna take her there, then nice dinner and then nice breakfast / lunch and back home. I am thinking to cancel all that now but not sure...

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Bad idea to co-sign if you are just a b/f and g/f. If the OP and his g/f break up and she doesn't care about her credit, guess who is now making her car payment?

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

pewter
    2002 camaro

dump her, she didnt do it for a reason,

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information