"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar

Getting ready for an epideral back injection!

I cant sleep,I am going in today for an epideral injection in my SI Joint,up to the L3 L4 discs...I had a SI Joint injection a month ago...It worked for two days!Go to school..and get a desk job,stay away from body busting jobs like I did for 18 years!! No fun 38 years old and I feel like I am 90!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

that sucks...my dad used to get those, over time they stopped working....guess the body builds a tolerance

black
    99 T/A

i get one on the 13th an agine for the next 4 weeks on def disk i`m thinking about not doing it

blue
    2002 Z-28

Do not envy you I had about 18 of those before I finally got someone to do what really needed to be done, fuse two discs! I have not felt this good in 20+ years! Got back into a Z again after a LOOOOONG time! Life is good!

Well I survived!Good drugs they gave me,(perset and some sort of valium)mixed into the I.V.Whole procedure took only 5-7 minutes.They said it will become worse and than I should get some relief within the next 7-10 days.This is a Work-comp injury related,that my lawyer has been fighting for since March,and they did not want to go in front of the arbitrator.I hope this works,or I could be facing a fusion also.....

hey man, i have been getting those kinds of injectiong for about 1.5 years now. They help some for a while, but it doesn't work for every one. the procedure is really easy to get through though, not painful at all. some people just need to have surgery (discetomy) or a fusion. i'm actually getting back surgery on the 24th for 2 discs in my back that didn't respond well enough to the injections. and i'm only 22.
    Last edited by 2000pewterv6; 03-07-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker
    I cant sleep,I am going in today for an epideral injection in my SI Joint,up to the L3 L4 discs...I had a SI Joint injection a month ago...It worked for two days!Go to school..and get a desk job,stay away from body busting jobs like I did for 18 years!! No fun 38 years old and I feel like I am 90!!
    dude SI = Sports Illustrated.

You mean S1/L5/L4/L3/L2/L1/T12/T11/T10.......

S1 - L5 herniation is the most common, try ridin on the front of a Zodiac in a high sea state at 41 years old, took me 8 months to stop limping.

HMC/SS

blue
    2002 Z-28

I have been there done that, Mine were herniated from s-1, l-5, l-5, l-4, l-4, l-3, l-3, l-2 and l-2, l-1. 5 in a row! I could not get anyone to touch me! I went through 12-15 doctors before I had one look at my MRI films and said if we don't do surgery you will lose all feeling/ function in your right leg. It too was a workers comp case and that was a joke. The workers comp QUACK was the one while jabbing my leg with about a hundred needles ( some test) said do you feel that, I said what? He told me I didn't have any feeling in my leg! Then he released me saying I could go back to work! Cut off my benefits! I worked construction. Lucky for me my boss is a friend, and I started supervising the crews, Year later the good doc, read a follow up MRI and scheduled the surgery. I got screwed by workers comp. too, as I had to fix something on my house ( no money to pay someone ) and the lowlifes were following me filming! Its a game, the injections are a patch, the surgery was pretty horrible, took me at least a year to fully recover but it was worth it! End result disc fusion s-1, l-5 @ l-5, l-4. The rest healed themselves. I am back to being able to wrench on my Z! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kevakasper
    I have been there done that, Mine were herniated from s-1, l-5, l-5, l-4, l-4, l-3, l-3, l-2 and l-2, l-1. 5 in a row! I could not get anyone to touch me! I went through 12-15 doctors before I had one look at my MRI films and said if we don't do surgery you will lose all feeling/ function in your right leg. It too was a workers comp case and that was a joke. The workers comp QUACK was the one while jabbing my leg with about a hundred needles ( some test) said do you feel that, I said what? He told me I didn't have any feeling in my leg! Then he released me saying I could go back to work! Cut off my benefits! I worked construction. Lucky for me my boss is a friend, and I started supervising the crews, Year later the good doc, read a follow up MRI and scheduled the surgery. I got screwed by workers comp. too, as I had to fix something on my house ( no money to pay someone ) and the lowlifes were following me filming! Its a game, the injections are a patch, the surgery was pretty horrible, took me at least a year to fully recover but it was worth it! End result disc fusion s-1, l-5 @ l-5, l-4. The rest healed themselves. I am back to being able to wrench on my Z! Good luck!
    Damn,I am in Disneyland compared to you!The needles you are talking about,was that the ENG?I had that done,and they poked needles in my leg and by my nads!!That test sucked!!I am glad everything worked out for you though!!The key is you have to get a very,very good attorney like mine!if you want to prevail in a comp case!Thanks for the info!Ill keep you posted...

And also....A good Doctor who supports your case and also Intimidated by your Lawyer!! My Doctors are awesome,when He asked who was representing me,He paused and replied.."he Frightens alot of Doctors by his intelligence,Tell Dave that I said hello!" My work comp coordinator at the medical facility was a comp adjuster for 10 years and said..."you are in very good hands..."tell Dave that I said hi!!" So far everything has been recovered,I just hope to be fixed!!

blue
    2002 Z-28

Yes that was the EMG I believe it was called, they went from the top of my toes all the way up to my shoulders, TWICE! worst pain I have ever experienced. Then they zap electricity to see how the nerve is working. That was BAD! The epidurals were bad, like someone shoving a 10 inch nail through you, but that other test.............
    Stay away from the artificial disc's if it ever comes up, they just had come out when I had my surgery, and I have read nothing but horror stories about them. They all were failing, and people had to go back and have the fusion anyway.
    I had good atty's but they are all the same.......only out to make $$$$ from others suffering. Watch your back!

blue
    2002 Z-28

My GP doc was great, he said from day one that I needed surgery, he had a lot to do with getting me to the final doc. I believe he wanted someone to agree with him and his diagnosis, he finally got it and so did I! I went through almost 3 years of hell though. Workers comp will use any excuse to cut you off, they don't want to keep spending $ so be very careful. They were following me for weeks! Even to a mall once where I was walking around with my kids using a cane! They are ruthless. Like I said I have been through the whole process. If I could change it, I would go back to the day before I got hurt, and stay home the next day! Life would be different now! But I am better now, don't wish that on anyone!

You got that right!They are ruthless!I have been going through this on two arm and two hand surgeries through comp also.(Caused by my Occupation)Left arm was settled,and right arm,hand and back.....all going!!I wish I had gone to college!!

Black
    67 Chevelle..99 Silverado

Im 23 years old and I've had 5 epidural injections so far. First set of 2 worked great for 2 monthes then pain was back. Next set I did all 3 and felt no relief. Ive had 2 herniated discs for 3 years now. I am 23 years old and sometimes I wake up and feel like im 60 years old (knees are getting bad too). I worked my ass off in the construction industry from 13-22. Finally got an office job and now my back gets irrited from sitting to long!!!! Feel like I cant win. Ive lived with the pain for 3 years and know what your going through. If I still have problems in the next year or two im definetly looking into minimally invasive survery to remove the excess tissue that is putting pressure on my sciatic nerve.

You sound like you got an early jump busting your body at an early age like me.I'm right there with you.I hope these injections work!Hope you can get your surgery and enjoy as much quality life as possible.You are way too young to be going through this.It goes to show,that these back problems do not discriminate at any age. I'll be hoping for the best for you!!

Thread Information