Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Getting back in a routine....

Need a little advice here.
    I have had a LOT of trouble getting back into a normal schedule. Not really sure why or how I ended up getting off of it, but I am really needing to get back to it.

Seeing as how I work 11-7 most days, I was getting up around 8AM and working out for 1 1/2 hours or so each morning before work. Makes the day that much better, and I tend to eat much better when I work out in the morning.
    Anyways, as of late, I have not been studying much when I get home, been missing workouts, and quickly getting behind in the first networking class I have taken. Thing is, in 7-8 months I should have the ability to take the CCNA exam without issue if I study this class (and the next 3) the right way. That alone could at least get me in the door with a company....thus making school a slightly lower priority. Of course I will still finish the degree, just won't be in such a hurry like I am now.

Recommendations to break out of the mini-funk?
    Just doing it doesn't seem to cut it.
    Do I need to maybe make diet changes? I enjoy working out...but for some reason I hear the alarm and just kinda ignore it. I think to myself I can do it later.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

How much sleep do you get a night? You said you wake up at 8ish, but what time do you lay down? Are you getting enough sleep(probally not, honestly. But still worth asking)?

You need a good motivator......and I'm no help. Sorry.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

For getting up in the morning, what I do is set my alarm (Cell phone, multiple alarms) to go off every ten or fifteen minutes during the hour prior to the time I want to wake up; so if I want to get up at 7AM, I'll set my cell phone to go off at 6:00, 6:15, 6:30, 6:45, and 7:00AM. That way, I'll be awake-ish and feel like I'm lazing and lying in for awhile, yet by the time I want to actually get up, I'll be awake instead of wanting to get stay in bed longer like I do if I would have woken up right at 7AM.

Might not work for you, but it does for me so might be worth a try. Just remember to get an extra hour of sleep otherwise (either a nap or going to bed earlier) to make up for the hour of 'real' sleep you lose.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

This should be all the motivation you need. Take the following pic, have it blown up, tack it to your ceiling. Put a motivational line under it that says "if I lay here in bed and don't work out/study, I will end up with this". I can guarantee you will not want to "snooze" in bed laying underneath that, nor will you like the thought of ending up with that. Problem solved.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    This should be all the motivation you need. Take the following pic, have it blown up, tack it to your ceiling. Put a motivational line under it that says "if I lay here in bed and don't work out/study, I will end up with this". I can guarantee you will not want to "snooze" in bed laying underneath that, nor will you like the thought of ending up with that. Problem solved.

Click for full size
    Yeah....that outta do it.

I tend to crash around midnight....give or take a little.

I think some of the problem may have been that slack off bullshit intro course I was in last session. Picked up some bad habits.....like not worrying about homework.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    For getting up in the morning, what I do is set my alarm (Cell phone, multiple alarms) to go off every ten or fifteen minutes during the hour prior to the time I want to wake up; so if I want to get up at 7AM, I'll set my cell phone to go off at 6:00, 6:15, 6:30, 6:45, and 7:00AM. That way, I'll be awake-ish and feel like I'm lazing and lying in for awhile, yet by the time I want to actually get up, I'll be awake instead of wanting to get stay in bed longer like I do if I would have woken up right at 7AM.

Might not work for you, but it does for me so might be worth a try. Just remember to get an extra hour of sleep otherwise (either a nap or going to bed earlier) to make up for the hour of 'real' sleep you lose.
    I've tried that before. Using the time(s) you used as an example, I would wake up to my alarm at say, 6:15, lay in bed until the next alarm goes off at 6:30. I would shut that off, and end up falling back asleep and wouldn't wake up till 9, an hour after I originally wanted to get up.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Yeah....that outta do it.

I tend to crash around midnight....give or take a little.
    I would be thrilled to crash at midnight.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Click for full size
    And if you sleep on your stomach, get a custom iron-on screen printing for your pillowcase

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

And if you sleep on your stomach, get a custom iron-on screen printing for your pillowcase
    Score, great idea as well. Staying in bed will no longer be a problem.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Score, great idea as well. Staying in bed will no longer be a problem.
    I would never go to bed.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I think some of the problem may have been that slack off bullshit intro course I was in last session. Picked up some bad habits.....like not worrying about homework.
    Yeah I hate that...
    Cram philosophy for 2 hours, excellent grade! alright! I'm awesome!
    Do the same thing for a chemistry test, bomb it, fffuuuuuuu-
    Quote Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro View Post
    I've tried that before. Using the time(s) you used as an example, I would wake up to my alarm at say, 6:15, lay in bed until the next alarm goes off at 6:30. I would shut that off, and end up falling back asleep and wouldn't wake up till 9, an hour after I originally wanted to get up.
    If you sleep for that long through 3 different alarms going off constantly, you need to go to bed about 6 hours earlier
    I would be thrilled to crash at midnight.
    Same here... I always tell myself I'll go to bed at midnight, then it's oh just another hour on the internet... then an hour later it's "oh person messaged me on facebook"... then an hour later I get in bed and then it's "oh just one race on Gran Turismo 3"... Then another hour later it's "oh the 3am rerun of family guy, I missed the earlier one so lets watch it"... then I pass out and my alarm wakes me up at 6am

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I would never go to bed.
    Everyone flips their pillow to the cool side at least once during the night.

Problem solved.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Everyone flips their pillow to the cool side at least once during the night.
    Oh god I love that.

But the thought of that in my bed would keep me awake. All night.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Same here... I always tell myself I'll go to bed at midnight, then it's oh just another hour on the internet... then an hour later it's "oh person messaged me on facebook"... then an hour later I get in bed and then it's "oh just one race on Gran Turismo 3"... Then it's "oh the 3am rerun of family guy, I missed the earlier one so lets watch it"... then I pass out and my alarm wakes me up at 6am

Sometimes, its scary how much me and you are alike. Same exact shit. Midnight, oh another hour on the internet. 1am, check facebook or email another time. 2am, Sportscenter or movie, so I make my way off the computer, but here comes the PSP and whichever current game I am playing. Look up, oh, its 3:30, great. Then Married with Children starts about that time on TBS.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Fuck It! Fuck it! Fuck it all!

Pssh! Alarm clocks! I wake up whern I wake up and my employer goes with it!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Sometimes, its scary how much me and you are alike. Same exact shit. Midnight, oh another hour on the internet. 1am, check facebook or email another time. 2am, Sportscenter or movie, so I make my way off the computer, but here comes the PSP and whichever current game I am playing. Look up, oh, its 3:30, great. Then Married with Children starts about that time on TBS.
    Well it makes sense, I'm your troll account.

Right?

Damn, I became self-aware and can't even remember who created me.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Well it makes sense, I'm your troll account.

Right?

Damn, I became self-aware and can't even remember who created me.
    Lulz....

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

If you sleep for that long through 3 different alarms going off constantly, you need to go to bed about 6 hours earlier
    It would be nice if I could get in bed and be asleep before 2 a.m. Geeze, come to think of it, I can't think of the last time I was actually laying down in bed before 2 a.m.

And regarding me sleeping through alarms, that's nothing. I honestly think I could sleep through a tornado. Once I'm asleep, there really is no sense of even attempting to wake me up. That's kind of funny because that just made me think of something.

While I was with my ex, she used to go on all the time about how she would give me head while I was sleeping trying to wake me up, but I would rarely wake up during it. At first I thought she was just saying that trying to tease me or something, but after she had told me that, I did notice I would wake up the next morning remembering having a dream, or so I thought it was, about getting head. I geuss she was telling the truth, afterall.
    Last edited by Badass WS6; 03-13-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro View Post
    It would be nice if I could get in bed and be asleep before 2 a.m. Geeze, come to think of it, I can't think of the last time I was actually laying down in bed before 2 a.m.

And regarding me sleeping through alarms, that's nothing. I honestly think I could sleep through a tornado. Once I'm asleep, there really is no sense of even attempting to wake me up. That's kind of funny because that just made me think of something.

While I was with my ex, she used to go on all the time about how she would give me head while I was sleeping trying to wake me up, but I would rarely wake up during it. At first I thought she was just saying that trying to tease me or something, but after she had told me that, I did notice I would wake up the next morning remembering having a dream, or so I thought it was, about getting head. I geuss she was telling the truth, afterall.

I have the worst time trying to get to sleep as well. The room can be pitch black, completely silent, and I could be laying in bed for 3 hours before actually falling asleep.

On the topic of sleeping and females though, oddly enough, with a girl in my arms I can fall asleep in an instant. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's a long term relationship or a one night stand.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

On the topic of sleeping and females though, oddly enough, with a girl in my arms I can fall asleep in an instant. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's a long term relationship or a one night stand.
    You have found one (or a few) that keep their mouths shut long enough to fall asleep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information