Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst 1234567824344454104154 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 3735
Like Tree9Likes

GearHead Kitchen Forum

This is a discussion on GearHead Kitchen Forum within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by 0rion I tell you what I like to do with chicken breasts. I do a bunch of ...

  1. #61
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,140

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I tell you what I like to do with chicken breasts. I do a bunch of stuff but these are a couple of my favorites.
    I'll cut them into 1"x1" cubes and put a spoon full of olive oil in a skillet. I'll add the chicken breasts and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. Then near the end I'll dose it all with terriyaki sauce and serve it over rice or noodles. I get fancy every now and then and I'll add water chestnuts ( because I love those things) and baby corns ( kids love 'em) and some nuts of some kind....usually pecans because we always have pecans in the freezer.




    I did this very same thing, however, I got the idea from buying one of those "TGIFridays" meal in a bag dinners. Did just what you said, did up the chicken in oil, added some mixed veggies (snap peas, baby corns, and somethin else) and then threw a little Caribbean Jerk marinade on for flavor, then put it over spaghetti (only noodles in the house). I got a little carried away with the sauce, but it was still pretty good.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Nhra Firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southern pa
    Posts
    3,517
    got deer steaks, loin and deer sausage out to take to work tomorrow to cook on the grill.

  3. #63
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    got deer steaks, loin and deer sausage out to take to work tomorrow to cook on the grill.
    delicious, take pictures!

  4. #64
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Anyone ever heard of Jamican Jerk Sauce? I know it sounds kinda gay, but it is an amazing spicey rub/spread. SOrry about the pictures, they are off my phone.



    I just Jerked 3 thighs and Im going to let them sit for abour 5 hours. This is my favorite rub.


  5. #65
    This is my curse doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,041

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I've done it without the rack. Just jam the chicken down onto the beer can. It'll stand up.
    That's all i do make sure it will stay standing and that's it MMMMMMM-GOOD


    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I thought about that too
    Don't think about it do it you're going to love how tender the meat is

  6. #66
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,584

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    That's all i do make sure it will stay standing and that's it MMMMMMM-GOOD




    Don't think about it do it you're going to love how tender the meat is
    I'll do it this weekend

  7. #67
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,140

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Anyone ever heard of Jamican Jerk Sauce? I know it sounds kinda gay, but it is an amazing spicey rub/spread. SOrry about the pictures, they are off my phone.

    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Caribbean and Jamaican are close to the same thing. However, from what you say, its more spicy than sweet. The stuff I get is sweeter than spicy.


  8. #68
    This is my curse doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,041

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I'll do it this weekend
    Pics. or it never happened

  9. #69
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Caribbean and Jamaican are close to the same thing. However, from what you say, its more spicy than sweet. The stuff I get is sweeter than spicy.

    Click for full size
    Yea, thats completely different. Doesnt compare, this is a thick rub. Ive tried that, its compleely different. The only place I have found this stuff for sale is... In Jamaica(where I found it orginally) and finally found it on line.

  10. #70
    This is my curse doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,041

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Anybody got a badass straight from the fridge sandwich idea?

  11. #71
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Anybody got a badass straight from the fridge sandwich idea?
    Ham,salomi(or turkey or both), swiss cheese, Chopped up green pepper, lettuce, maybe tomato, mayo and a dash of Italion dressing.

  12. #72
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    I usally always put it in the over and melt he cheese and get everything warm. Toast the bread or buy those Wheat non-cut fresh sub buns.

  13. #73
    This is my curse doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,041

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Ham,salomi(or turkey or both), swiss cheese, Chopped up green pepper, lettuce, maybe tomato, mayo and a dash of Italion dressing.
    That sounds good on a big roll with soup for dipping.

  14. #74
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,584

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Pics. or it never happened
    Yeah, already figured that Already took one out of the freezer.

    Here is a before


  15. #75
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    That sounds good on a big roll with soup for dipping.
    I make that exact combo 3 times a week probably. The oven roasted wheat fresh bun with warm ham/turkey/salomi makes the sammich IMO. I have a hard time making a non toasted/warm sammich.

  16. #76
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,584

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Yea, thats completely different. Doesnt compare, this is a thick rub. Ive tried that, its compleely different. The only place I have found this stuff for sale is... In Jamaica(where I found it orginally) and finally found it on line.
    Rubs are getting more popular. My local Grocery store carries several these days.

    I prefer most rubs over marinades for the most part.

  17. #77
    This is my curse doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,041

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I make that exact combo 3 times a week probably. The oven roasted wheat fresh bun with warm ham/turkey/salomi makes the sammich IMO. I have a hard time making a non toasted/warm sammich.
    Toasted FTW

  18. #78
    This is my curse doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,041

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Rubs are getting more popular. My local Grocery store carries several these days.

    I prefer most rubs over marinades for the most part.
    So i could put rub on my rib-eyes?

  19. #79
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    I cant wait to BBQ my Jerked Chicken thighs tonight. They should be very spicey. They tell you to leave it on overnight, my neighbor(who goes to Jamiaca 2 times a year) said he left it on some chicken for 24 hours and it was un -bearable hot.

    I think hes just a pussy.

  20. #80
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Rubs are getting more popular. My local Grocery store carries several these days.

    I prefer most rubs over marinades for the most part.


    I didnt think too many people had heard of 'The real Jerk" before. Its around 6.50 a can. Im getting ready to buy a case

Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst 1234567824344454104154 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Another reason for women to stay in the kitchen.
    By FSANE in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
  2. the Top 10 best women to have in your kitchen!
    By justinmc978 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 11:26 PM
  3. Hell's Kitchen
    By Nhra Firebird in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
  4. V8 in your kitchen anyone?
    By lakmflx in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
  5. Anyone watch Hells Kitchen?
    By 98-LS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 08:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •