gang members joining military to learn war tactics

I dont think this is as new as they make it out to be but according to this news report, gang members from all across the US are joining the military to learn war tactics and how to setup attacks, etc. Seems like they are letting anybody join now, and also looks like theyd catch some of the gang tats on these guys. The Marines are keeping people out if you have ink sleeves but they are letting gangbangers in..Just wondering what you guys think about it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=35f_1180499911

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

That always happens, it used to be biker gangs

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Thats really disturbing. How the heck dont the drill sergeants straighten them out? Gangs are at an all time high these days and the fact that they got all this training now is so much worse.

Impounded

Silver
    2000 WS6

Wow, that is scary. I used to think that having a gun in my car was enough but I may need a damn M16. And a tank instead of a car.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Thats really disturbing. How the heck dont the drill sergeants straighten them out? Gangs are at an all time high these days and the fact that they got all this training now is so much worse.
    my thoughts exactly. Not blaming the drill sgts at all...just saying, the military looks pretty hardcore, i'm sure most come out with a better respect for fellow man and their country...it's terrible to know that these killers go in with such malicious intensions

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

well it is true that the Marines have always had their share of bad boys ... I dont think any of them went into the Marines with the idea to get better at killing though .

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

During the physical at MEPS to enlist a lot are weeded out just from tattoo's alone....they're hard to hide when you're standing there in your underwear. When I enlisted in 98 you couldn't have any gang tats, no tats above the neck line...I don't think you could be sleeved out either. I saw a dude that was actually in processing at MCRD get kicked out after they shaved his head...he had some sort of tat on the back of his head.

The good thing out of all of this is that there are far more cops that are prior military then gang members....far more.

2000 Trans Am

I am in the military and haven't heard anything like this, and if they do make it through boot camp they will come out better people. Because the instructors have a way of weeding out the people that they don't need. As far as the tat's go it is extremly hard in this day and age to get into the military without a waiver for those, and last i heard ( i just talked to my masterchief) he said that they won't let anyone in with gang symbols or obsene tattoos anymore.. Just my two cents!!
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Isn't that sorta like tying yourself to a top fuel dragster to learn how to drag race?

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I dont know how people in the military have never heard of this, there are many gang members in the military nowadays. In ft hood it is an especially common problem that we have been talked to about before. Yes if you get caught doing any type of gamg activity you will be thrown out but people also do drugs and have homosexual sex too and get away with it.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Some bad ones sneak in once in a while. They eventually weed themselves out. Ft. Bragg had an issue with this some time ago.

A lot of those who do get by, end up dishonorably discharged or in some other shit in the service.

Thread Information