2 14.29%
  • Home. Everything I want and no hassles

12 85.71%
  • Football?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Football Fans: Prefer Stadium Or Home Poll

I'm sure that a lot of the football fans here have a nice home entertainment setup.

With a lot of recent stories about stadium seats Remaining Unsold, I was wondering what you guys thought of the difference between staying at home or going down to the stadium.

Personally, I'll stay at home every time. No traffic, no parking nightmares, no overpriced snacks, no drunks, instant replays, and if you hate the commentators you can usually find the game on radio and turn off the TV sound.

The fact that the stadium is over an hour away does somewhat sway my opinion though.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

depends on the wx.....but mostly the same reasons you stated. But anything I get free tickets I can't really turn them down either.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

How can people afford to go to a playoff game these days. Tickets for the Giants (If they made the playoffs) would be about 200.00 each for an average seat(800.00), Parking(50.00), average food and beverage cost for 4 people(200.00), Souvenirs(100.00) Total cost for 4 hours of entertainment 1,150.00 For many Americans that is almost two weeks take home pay. Stay home and avoid the traffic.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I like the atmosphere of games don't get me wrong, but I get bitched at for standing too much at Nebraska games...srs. (old people sitting can't see I guess) And there's literally no room to sit with my height and no ass room even though I'm not fat, it's just uncomfortable for me. It also costs quite a bit, but I still go once in a while.

Besides, I got a nice set up at home.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I voted stadium just because it's rare that my team comes this way so i'm excited to see them when I can.

red
    95 Z28

I think going to games is great, but it isn't something I do a lot. Paying 100 just for a nosebleed single ticket, or 150-200 for anything remotely decent sucks. And then 50$ for parking?

I haven't even looked at playoff ticket prices, because I'm not spending 500+ for one game.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I used to love going to games but the prices have gotten a little out of hand...$7 for a pretzel...$10 for a beer...$400 for a pair of decent tickets...I can sit at home, buy $100-200 worth of food "wings, alcohol, steaks, etc etc" just for the game and still save an easy $200-300. Dont forget the $20-60 it costs to park...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You really have to pay that much to park? Are these pro teams? That's crazy.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    You really have to pay that much to park? Are these pro teams? That's crazy.
    pro is like $30-60 usually...if I go to a college game its like $10-40.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Well there is usually general parking and perferred parking around here. Prefered is like 30 and general is like 10 at miller park. I like football a lot more than baseball buttttt baseball has about 10 times the number of games.... which makes tickets much cheaper and easier to get. Plus I live in the suburbs of Milwaukee county so it is only a 20min drive to miller park. Where as Greenbay is a 2 hour drive. Since there are only 16 games and the Packers are quite popular in recent seasons even by out of town fans tickets are crazy expensive. I can get nose bleed seats for the brewers for 10-20 dollars and good seats for 50-70 during regular season. I usually go to 3-5 or so brewers games per year and I try to go to at least one Packers game. I received free box sets from my work for a Packers game one year and I have to say I will not be doing that again. So much better to be out in the open stadium.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Every sporting event is expensive. Blackhawk tickets are $125 for 300 level and close to $1000 a ticket for glass seats. I love going to hockey games so I go to 6-7 games a year, and at least 1 playoff game which tends to be more. Last year we went to the Hawks/Redwings playoff game; $225 a ticket for 300 level.

I think Bears tickets are $150+. Last game I was at was Packers/Bears in GB. Those were $225-$250 each and seats weren't great.

Hawks games are always sold out too...always.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Arctic White, red/gray

Hence the reason I like brewers games. If you just wanna go and tailgate ad drink and you are not to worried about the game(which I never am) you can get bad seats for 10-20 bucks and as long as you are not afraid of being high up it is fine. Beer is still 7 dollars for a large for miller products and the brewery is less than 10 minutes away. But that is what tailgating is for.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Every sporting event is expensive. Blackhawk tickets are $125 for 300 level and close to $1000 a ticket for glass seats. I love going to hockey games so I go to 6-7 games a year, and at least 1 playoff game which tends to be more. Last year we went to the Hawks/Redwings playoff game; $225 a ticket for 300 level.

I think Bears tickets are $150+. Last game I was at was Packers/Bears in GB. Those were $225-$250 each and seats weren't great.

my dad's company has a box for the predators so I usually get to go to those for free...pay for parking and beer, but the tickets are free.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    pro is like $30-60 usually...if I go to a college game its like $10-40.
    New York is 50.00 and up.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Hence the reason I like brewers games. If you just wanna go and tailgate ad drink and you are not to worried about the game(which I never am) you can get bad seats for 10-20 bucks and as long as you are not afraid of being high up it is fine. Beer is still 7 dollars for a large for miller products and the brewery is less than 10 minutes away. But that is what tailgating is for.
    NY Yankee field level seats are 1,600 + per ticket for regular season games. That price is for the first 15 rows.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post

my dad's company has a box for the predators so I usually get to go to those for free...pay for parking and beer, but the tickets are free.
    Nice. My brother scores a few club seats a year from a vendor. I got to go once. That was sweet.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    NY Yankee field level seats are 1,600 + per ticket for regular season games. That price is for the first 15 rows.
    That is because NYers are morons who will pay 25 dollar toll ways so of course the yankees will charge you out the ass.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    That is because NYers are morons who will pay 25 dollar toll ways so of course the yankees will charge you out the ass.
    We have no choice with the tolls. Union toll takers and road workers make over 100k and they have huge pensions, as well they hire three people for every job so we have redundancy in every position. That is why I hate NY, NJ and CT.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I usually go to at least 1 game a year for all 4 pro teams. And 1 MSU football game a year. But, it really depends on the sport whether I prefer home or not.

Tiger's games I go to more because baseball is better live, IMO, tickets are cheaper than most (because of how many games they play) and I can go almost any day of the week. Hockey, b/c of the pace is sooooo much better live. I watch more of these on TV, but would like to go to more games if I didn't have these weird things called responsibilities.

Football is better at home, even more now, b/c of instant replay of big plays and reviews. It's a part of the game I really like to see. I like rewinding and watching again a lot too. The biggest part I don't like is close camera angles and zooming in, like when the quarterback is in the pocket. I like seeing the play develop in secondary, etc. The only time I really like going to a football game is for MSU. College tailgating is much more fun at MSU than Detroit.

Basketball, home, because the father-in-law sold the floor seats, lol.

Home gets a huge vote b/c my beer selection is far superior to EVERY venues.

Arctic White, red/gray

Miller park has some great beer choices. Luckily Miller hasn't tried to block any of the other companies from selling there. I have seen and drank atleast 15 different beers at miller park probably more. Craft beers from creamy darks to IPAs, lagers ales. Micro brews that are truly micro aka you can only get them at certain points in the year and sometimes you can't get them for years at a time as the crop they use to make that specific flavor didn't come in that year or atleast in the volume that allows them to sell it to the public.

Miller
    Pabst
    Horny Goat
    Hacker Pschor
    Lakefront
    New Glarus
    Capital
    Leinenkugel’s
    Sprecher
    Milwaukee brewing
    and I am sure there are more I am forgetting.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-07-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information