black
    98 z28 m6

fine for exhaust

not sure if this was the best place to put this or not but i wasnt sure...anyway, my question is...can the cops ticket me for my exhaust (groty lt's, 3" ory, and a borla cb) My neighbor, who is a cop but not in our town, told me that a local cop was asking about my car saying "thats too loud, it cant be legal"...i guess she told him thats how i bought it. I live in pa so laws might be diff where yo live. A friend told me that they cant ticket me if i have a muffler, which i do. I have no cats but he said the only thing they can fine you for is the muffler. I cant even see any of the cops in my town knowing what a muffler is let alone a cat.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

my young grasshopper. Cops, you will learn, can do whatever they want whenever they want. They are Gods among men. even the police dogs are above you. http://athensnews.com/archives/artic...story_id=15569

enjoy your freedom.
    Modulistics post rating system. How did your post score?

epic
    +1
    fail
    epic fail

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    Cops, you will learn, can do whatever they want whenever they want. They are Gods among men.
    Oh ive learned already, trust me...I use to have respect for cops until i got my car, now i have 0, none, zilch, goose egg, nothing. I now hate these shitheads with a passion, dont get me going haha. I could go on for days as to why but im heading to bed right now lol.

Black
    99 SS

dude i run open headers, im sure you will be fine

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

think about it, your neighbor, a nosy cop that is drawn to positions of power, is annoyed by your loud car, and is weighing the prospects of being a bad neighbor and writing you up herself, or informing local cops that she wants you to be harrassed until you change your car. She is putting you on 'notice' with her little 'warning'

Just be prepared for an assraping.

You should have told her to shove her gun up her cunt and see how many rounds she could get off.

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Ass long as those asshats on harleys can ride around making shitloads of noise, I sure as hell am not worried about my loud cars.

Hey but they do that so fellow motorists can hear them coming

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    think about it, your neighbor, a nosy cop that is drawn to positions of power, is annoyed by your loud car, and is weighing the prospects of being a bad neighbor and writing you up herself, or informing local cops that she wants you to be harrassed until you change your car. She is putting you on 'notice' with her little 'warning'

Just be prepared for an assraping.

You should have told her to shove her gun up her cunt and see how many rounds she could get off.
    I think you have it a little twisted. My neigbor could care less. She was informing me of what a cop in our town said to HER about my car.

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by needmorepwr View Post
    Ass long as those asshats on harleys can ride around making shitloads of noise, I sure as hell am not worried about my loud cars.
    Im not worried about how loud it is im worried about getting a fine for it.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

LTs and no cats are illegal.

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99 View Post
    LTs and no cats are illegal.
    I know no cats are but is there anything they can do for it? I mean if a cop looks under my car does he even know what to really look for? And he cant prove i dont have cats. If for some odd reason he figures out a way to site me for him not being able to see them then ill throw the stock y on when i fight it. Once before i had told a cop that it was an aftermarket pipe with "in-line" cats. He had no idea, he was just looking for a bulge.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

check out this website for some more info on PA exhaust codes:

www.PITTspeed.com you'll prolly have to register to the forums, but it's free.

also, a conversation i had with Onyx_Rock from pittsburgh:
    Quote Originally Posted by onyx_rock
    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i forgot to ask in my other PM about emissions. Here in kentucky, you can run open headers and only get a noise violation-what's leagal there? I've put off doing any extensive exhaust mods for fear that i'll have to yank off L/Ts b/c of PA codes. Can you have LT's? Do you need Cats?

also, what about getting e-tested?
    Most running LTs and no cats just have the emissions stuff deleted by tuning so the car wont throw any codes. Therefore no codes = pass if the mechanic doesnt do a visual. In pa if you drive less than 5000 miles a year you are exempt from emissions testing. That is the category I fall under. I have a good shop in the new kensington area that can get you passed if you have any problems but the easiest is to tune out emissions codes.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

yeah about those cops
    some cop went to our school and talked during a drivers ed meeting and said that "in the state of Virginia any aftermarket part is illegal." And then he started talking about air filters that gave 30 hp and loud mufflers i was like ???

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    If what is done to your car is illegal then they have every right under the law (not saying that it is moral, BIG difference) to ticket you. If you live in Albuquerque, NM, they can (and DEFINITELY will) even take your car from you if you get 3 tickets for having an aftermarket cat-back on your car. Have fun.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

Well here in my town they are trying to pass a noise ordinance. They are trying to make it anything over 70 dbs, which is a crock of shit, will get you a ticket. The funny thing about this is since there is a person on the board of directors that is a big harley guy they are gonna exclude any motorcycles. There is gonna be some serious problems if that passes.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

man 70 db is like what an ls1 does with stock exhaust

Mystic Teal
    1997 Camaro Z-28

i live in PA myself and cops can ticket u for not having cats. and i believe its a state or federal offense. (cant remember which) im not running cats myself, but im going through a corsa so its not as loud as the borla. and will give cops less reason to look under my car...just becareful when ur around cops....keep rpms low and u should be fine. if your that worried that there going to check for legal exhuast, throw cats in....

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by needmorepwr View Post
    I was thinking that this weekend, my loudmouth is nowhere as loud as some of those vibrating pos's

Thread Information