black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Fill me in about Sea Doo's

Looking at buying a 2010 Sea-Doo RXP-X 255 Superchaged. Was wondering was is needed for maintence on them, how reliable they are, what is needed to be done at the end of the year also were I will be using it at doesn't have a place to refill it so was wondering will a tank of gas last me all day if I'm getting on it? Any information or previous experience with jet ski's would be greatly appreciated.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

My family used to have a few, to be honest they were a lot of upkeep (98 and 2000) years mind you, but damn they were fun. I say you get it.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Two strokes were always broke more than running, no idea how the new ones are

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Two strokes were always broke more than running, no idea how the new ones are
    I traded my '94 formula w/ 160k+ miles on it, for a '97 Yamaha WaveRunner (GP760). Man, that thing was fun, it had the adjustable trim for the back of the jet-drive. July 4th weekend 2 years ago, I blew it up jumping wakes... Ah well, had fun while it lasted

That ski was nowhere near the caliber ski that you're presently looking at, however. Plus, wouldn't that ski be a 4 stroke? Duno about winterizing them, but on my MasterCraft with the Vortec 5.7L (Indmar), you pull 2 plugs on the bottom of the block (one is the knock sensor), 1 bolt on the back of each exhaust manifold, un-screw all clamps and pull all hoses off, and lastly pull the impeller out. That'll drain the water out, most people either run antifreeze through the engine, or just drain the engine of water and leave it like that. I dumped nearly 2 gallons of AF in mine through the thermostat housing on the front of the intake, better be safe than sorry.

In the end, for winterization, you just want to make sure the engine is completely free of water. I can run my boat out of the water, until none is spitting out of the exhaust, yet pull all the plugs and still have water gushing out. If you're not supplying the impeller with water, it won't push what's already passed it, through. It's not like a vaccuum pump, ya know what I mean?

I'm jet-ski's are most likely different, but I can only offer you what I know

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

2 strokes are a pain in the ass on upkeep. It took me the better part of a day to get ours running the first time last summer. But from what I hear the new 4 strokes if maintained and stored properly have alot less issues.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

They float.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

whats been said already they are fine if you keep up with them
    but can be a pain also so take care of it

from experience you are doing good getting a new one,u should have a few years trouble free if maintained properly

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I can tell you that if you run one at WFO into another like my stupid cunt sister that bad stuff will happen. Just about sank before she got to the dock

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

We use 'em where I'm at as safety vehicles in the surf, works great. Yes, a tank of gas will last you all day, and they are reliable. Never had one just die on me. Only problems
    come when they pick ip a rock, get flipped, etc. Biggest thing is, they are fiberglass so they will crack if you run 'em hard into surf or over wakes. Learn to do fiberglass patches, it's a necessary skill for owning one.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Personally, if I had the kind of money it takes to purchase such a machine, i'd be looking at the Honda, and Yamaha models. Higher quality machines and pretty much equal performers, particularly that turbo honda.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Personally, if I had the kind of money it takes to purchase such a machine, i'd be looking at the Honda, and Yamaha models. Higher quality machines and pretty much equal performers, particularly that turbo honda.
    The turbo honda is NAAAASTY!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    The turbo honda is NAAAASTY!
    the turbo honda is pure

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

They're beautiful machines that run like a scolded dog! Saw 2 of 'em today while I was out toolin' around the lake, I was cruisin' around 35mph, and they passed me like I was goin' the other way

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    They're beautiful machines that run like a scolded dog! Saw 2 of 'em today while I was out toolin' around the lake, I was cruisin' around 35mph, and they passed me like I was goin' the other way
    so quiet too lol its just a rocket zoomin by

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

In the last few years i've gotten into PWC and talked to a few guys that work on all makes and models of them. Each one has said the Sea Doo 4 strokes have the least ammount of maintenence. So I think you've made a good choice.

I have an older model 2 stroke. Here's where I go for info on my Sea Doo...... www.seadooforum.com

The mis-info is strong.

The turbo honda's are not great things these two are saying...they actually suck when compared to the big dogs.Underpowered and too many engine heat issues with that turbo.

The RXT-X is top shit but it runs on the edge of reliability.It runs a LOT of boost to make that power(255).The SHO yammie is the one to have.It is said to only have 210hp per the safety law thing.It's north of 250hp and runs only a few pounds of boost and can run that on regular(cheap) pump gas.The Doo takes 91 or up.The yammie is flat faster so you do the math.

They all drink fuel but they have big tanks.

If youre gonna spend that amount of money then look at the FX/FZR sho models.

Both the doo and yammie are supercharged 4-strokes with closed cooling.Winterizing is a wee-bit different....much simpler.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you can just bring a few 5 gal cans if you're worried about fuel, i think most of em have like a 15 gal tank neways, you'll be pumping 93 through it so idk how much you'd really want to ride in a day... $$$

Thread Information