extended warranty questions.....

I have a slight vibe at about 115, I want to get a new driveline. The last time I took the car to the dealership, the service writer drove it and confirmed it. Then the service manager wanted to look under the hood. I have a pulley and a few other small mods so they let me go with a warning nothing went into the computer. So i left, that was during my normal 3yr/36K warranty that has since expired in Jan06.

I was wondering if the dealership would be willing to over look certian mods now, if I was now paying a deductible?

How does it work??

something breaks, the dealership calls the warranty company and they approve the work right? So if Ford isn't replacing the part free of charge, do you think the service dept will care if the car is Modded, as long as they are getting paid for part and labor?

Sorry thats so long, any info would be helpful.

Tom

NBM
    '99 Z28

my warranty works and a have a few bolts ons. they just call like you said get it aproved and do what i need done. i pay the deductible the warranty gets the rest. I've had the power steering replace and the transmission rebuilt( well they are still fixing that cause the guy screwed up rebuilding it i keep getting oil in my clutch but thats another story), along with a few other little things

Ttt....

Depends on the guy/stealership you take it to. You have a 90% chance they will tell you to eat a dick on it. they get so busy and full of cars they usually try and find a reason to turn a car away.

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Depends on the warranty company. Is it GM, FORD, or something like Warranty Direct? First Assured, 1SourceAutoWarranty.com, Warranty Gold, (All of which are now out of business) would send out an inspector to look at the car. And in that case its not up to the Dealership to overlook the mods. GMPP for the most part trusts the dealerships judgement. And for the life of me I don't know why any dealership would not try to get it covered under warranty. If its not covered there is a good chance the owner of the car is going to just say screw it, don't have the money to fix it right now, or screw it I will fix it myself, or screw it I'll take it somewhere cheaper to get it fixed. In any case the dealership has now lost the business.

Thread Information