98 Formula
    06 duramax

electronc drum knowledge?

My buddy bought a set of Rowland electronic drums. He doesn't have a PA yet and everything I've read for the most part says not to play them through a guitar amp. Here's the thing though.....we did it a couple weeks ago and had zero issues. The way we done it was send it through my line 6 pod via the cd/mp3 jack. It then goes right through to my 4x10 cabinet. I figure since the drums are line level and that cd/mp3 jack would be line level there's no chance of damaging anything. I don't want to pop my cabinet but I also think people are talking about running it through the 1/4" cable connector and not through a line level input like I have. Anyone have an knowledge on hooking drums up?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    My buddy bought a set of Rowland electronic drums. He doesn't have a PA yet and everything I've read for the most part says not to play them through a guitar amp. Here's the thing though.....we did it a couple weeks ago and had zero issues. The way we done it was send it through my line 6 pod via the cd/mp3 jack. It then goes right through to my 4x10 cabinet. I figure since the drums are line level and that cd/mp3 jack would be line level there's no chance of damaging anything. I don't want to pop my cabinet but I also think people are talking about running it through the 1/4" cable connector and not through a line level input like I have. Anyone have an knowledge on hooking drums up?
    i run my roland set through my hartke bass cab VIA 1/4" jack and on the passive input (instead of active) and i turn the compressor up a bit... i'd never run it through my guitar cab... they aren't built for the frequency levels and it would sound like crap...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

his actually sounded great through that cabinet. Like I say though.....it was ran through my line 6 pod via the cd/mp3 input. I gotta dig the manual out for that pod and see how that input works but it worked fine for us last time.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    his actually sounded great through that cabinet. Like I say though.....it was ran through my line 6 pod via the cd/mp3 input. I gotta dig the manual out for that pod and see how that input works but it worked fine for us last time.
    do you know what roland control unit he has??? also with the line 6 what cab simulator did you use??? the old problem is that you won't get the "boooooooom" rap bass kinda sounds via a guitar cab and have them sound decent... at a certain decible level they will distort...

Thread Information