Thread: ebay fraud ...

Red
    1998 Trans Am

ebay fraud ...

has anyone bought anything off of ebay and not got it??.. What did you do if you did not get your item..

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

obviously contact seller , if that fails i'd give ebay a call, and go from there

Red
    1998 Trans Am

i bought the item monday night.how long should i wait before i start saying something.
    he said that he would give me the tracking number last night , well nothing... on his post he has 1 to 6 days. on the delivery .

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

You check the emails that your ebay and paypal (if thats what you used to pay)? Alot of the sellers I use will send all that info to one of those emails and not a PM within ebay. If anything you can always PM and ask for it. If you dont get anything in like two weeks I think you should be able to file something with ebay.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

ya i used paypal. and we are talking threw ebay email. i just sent him another email.

Black
    99 Z28

Paypal rocks, if you dispute it, they give you back your money if the other person doesn't respond. It takes a good while for them to refund it because they have to wait a length of time for response.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

thanks..

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

I'm disputing something on eBay. I bought 45 DVDs from a guy who said they are mint condition and in original cases. When I got them, all of them were ex rentals from blockbuster. I filled a despute with paypal. The guy still claims he done nothing wrong and he does not owe me anything. I requested a full refund with shipping. And on top of that I requested the same shipping charge that he charged me.

Let's see what paypal says. If I get screwed, it would be the last time I ever use eBay.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

ive done about 100 transactions on ebay, only got screwed twice, both were trying to buy phones...first just took my money and ran, second was a faulty listing, the fine print said you were bidding on the phone, but bidding to get your name in a hat, i paid $300 and didnt get shit.

filed a dispute with paypal, got most of my cash back both times.

Paypal has a thing now that holds the money from them until you confirm you received it. that way if you win the dispute, they can give it back, rather than trying to get it from the seller, if he closed the account, youre screwed

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

Yeah I used paypal and ebay a good number of times, and its clear to me that they are on the side of the buyer. It might take them some time to get your money back to you. But it's better than being left behind.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jesseheel View Post
    i bought the item monday night.how long should i wait before i start saying something.
    he said that he would give me the tracking number last night , well nothing... on his post he has 1 to 6 days. on the delivery .
    You have to give it some time. Unless they are located, like next door, it's gonna take a few days or even a week. 7 working days is good measure before an email.

Also, when you buy on ebay... always check feedback and use paypal. Buy insurance on anything of any value and your covered

I've got a total of 929 feedback scores and 758 of those are from sellers. I have 100% feed back and have had very few problems. Sometimes it's the mail or UPS to blame. Sellers want to keep their feed back scores high and will make sure you're happy.

I love ebay

white
    99 Trans am

still trying to get my money back from a phone i bought from an ebay seller. Returned the phone before xmas and still waiting to get my money back.

Red
    1998 Trans Am

i got a email back this morning, and he said he is shipping it out this morning. and i should get it on friday.. he said that he just couldn't get to the ups store, and he was sorry.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Wow, you thought you were scammed b/c you havent heard anything within 2 days?

Ive went a weekand a half then the item just showed up

Red
    1998 Trans Am

better safe then sorry. and he did say he was sending it out the same day i bought it...

Thread Information